Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-18-2014, 06:06 AM
Banned

Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

A summary of what impresses Jesus. Your little bit is missing. What's a jot here and a tittle there though?

1. Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face,
18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.
23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I do not need to tell you (hopefully anyway) who JESUS prayed to.

99% of the discussion on this "Christian" forum involves exactly what Jesus tells you what NOT to do and as you go about your day you continually and consistently ignore the teachings of the one you supposedly follow. The only thing that doesn't apply to you is fasting because you don't fast but I will tell you that regular fasting, like prayer, is REQUIRED so it might be something you consider picking up.
With that in mind, who are you to define what Jesus would or would not be "impressed" with

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-18-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Jesus is not impressed by being called a messenger, you could even say that of the paperboy.

He is impressed when you call him my Lord and my God, like Thomas did.
Perhaps he disappointed himself when he referred to himself as a Prophet in Mark 6 and Luke 13. Islam refers to Jesus as a prophet. Jesus refers to Jesus as a Prophet. Wanna play double jeopardy and guess who refers to Jesus as a messenger? Why I have to be the one to read you your own bible like it's storytime at a daycare anyway? Too busy counting your coins or planning what to wear to church?

The only inconsistent description here is, well, yours. I bet you think you hold the keys to heaven and everyone who is not like you is going to hell though don't you.

Nice SN. I bet visions of "flaming swords" run through your dreams. War, blood, victory over everyone who is different from you or doesn't look like you or doesn't dress like you. This is why your communities are so much more violent than Muslim communities. "Onward Christian Soldiers, Marching As To War...."

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-18-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

I guess I'm a bit of a weird guy because I come down on both sides in this conversation.

1. Violence is the way of the US (as in government - even Obama said that the government has a monopoly on force). All in the name of National Security.
2. That said, all who proclaim Christianity, probably aren't Christian. Just because a nutjob proclaims Christianity doesn't necessarily make Christians nutjobs - the same could be said of Muslims.

In the end, I fall into the camp that all governments, just as all religions, are nothing more than about control - by any means they deem necessary, whether by violence, abuse, fear, or whatever. Attempting to make another person do what "I feel is righteous".

The question we all have to ask ourselves is if I have the right, through aggression (whether through violence, abuse, fear or whatever), to force another to live as I require them to? And if you feel you do have that right, then we have nothing more to converse about.

I think if we would all cease attempting to judge others according to our own philosophies (both theological and political) then perhaps we could better come to a unified idea of what humanity, as a race, could be. But as long as we are killing one another in the name of any god or any politic, then we'll always have anger and hatred toward one another.

That said, if you wish to believe what your philosophy dictates (and, yes, your theology is philosophy) - then, by all means, do so. But the moment that you attempt to force it on another party - that is when you step into the mess that you have decided to create and the result of what that mess you decided to make creates is of your own making. Quit blaming someone else's philosophy for your own aggression.

But what do I know? I'm just a guy who tries to love all people, regardless of creed, color, or nationality.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig_v_m View Post
I guess I'm a bit of a weird guy because I come down on both sides in this conversation.

1. Violence is the way of the US (as in government - even Obama said that the government has a monopoly on force). All in the name of National Security.
2. That said, all who proclaim Christianity, probably aren't Christian. Just because a nutjob proclaims Christianity doesn't necessarily make Christians nutjobs - the same could be said of Muslims.

In the end, I fall into the camp that all governments, just as all religions, are nothing more than about control - by any means they deem necessary, whether by violence, abuse, fear, or whatever. Attempting to make another person do what "I feel is righteous".

The question we all have to ask ourselves is if I have the right, through aggression (whether through violence, abuse, fear or whatever), to force another to live as I require them to? And if you feel you do have that right, then we have nothing more to converse about.

I think if we would all cease attempting to judge others according to our own philosophies (both theological and political) then perhaps we could better come to a unified idea of what humanity, as a race, could be. But as long as we are killing one another in the name of any god or any politic, then we'll always have anger and hatred toward one another.

That said, if you wish to believe what your philosophy dictates (and, yes, your theology is philosophy) - then, by all means, do so. But the moment that you attempt to force it on another party - that is when you step into the mess that you have decided to create and the result of what that mess you decided to make creates is of your own making. Quit blaming someone else's philosophy for your own aggression.

But what do I know? I'm just a guy who tries to love all people, regardless of creed, color, or nationality.
Dunno where you are from but this is Texas sport. We don't get into each other's business and we don't interfere with each other's belief's down here. If you say one thing and do another it's fair to call you out on it though and that's exactly what junior up there (and sadly most of the rest of this lot on here) fairly earned.

You see aggression, or support of aggression, or calls for aggression from me just let me know. Right now we are comparing Christian-based societies and Islamic-based societies and you folks are coming in a lap behind on this "peace on earth" bunk you preach about in your pulpits.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Dunno where you are from but this is Texas sport. We don't get into each other's business and we don't interfere with each other's belief's down here. If you say one thing and do another it's fair to call you out on it though and that's exactly what junior up there (and sadly most of the rest of this lot on here) fairly earned.

You see aggression, or support of aggression, or calls for aggression from me just let me know. Right now we are comparing Christian-based societies and Islamic-based societies and you folks are coming in a lap behind on this "peace on earth" bunk you preach about in your pulpits.
First. And take this being said in the nicest way possible. Don't call me "Sport" - it's rude and condescending; and I won't stand for it. Do it again, and I'll cease conversation with you because it'll show whether you actually want conversation or if you're just trying to push buttons.

Second. I'm just as Texas as you are maybe even moreso as I have a bit of Alabama Coushatta blood.

Third. I'm not one of "you folks". I actually believe in peace and I don't care to have adjectives added to it as peace is peace, regardless of adjective. And, frankly, I don't disagree with you about the aggression. I merely don't apply adjectives to it. Aggression is aggression, regardless of who initiates it.

Fourth. I have only a few rules that I live by. Always tell the truth, don't commit aggression against others (physical, mental, or spiritual), don't steal and leave people alone to their own devices.

All of that said, I guess maybe I should leave the conversation altogether because of the fact that I see peace as peace and aggression as aggression. I don't see it as [place favorite adjective here] aggression vs [place most hated adjective here] aggression. And that the solution isn't to label it but to find the catalyst for it and work together for a resolution.

The human race, as a whole, I believe is a capable group of accomplishing anything. We just have to realize that love for another human should supersede any adjective that is place upon that human. Utopian, I know, but I can only hope.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig_v_m View Post

First. Don't call me "Sport"
Second. I'm just as Texas as you are maybe even moreso
Third. I'm not one of "you folks".
Fourth. I have only a few rules that I live by. Always tell the truth, don't commit aggression against others (physical, mental, or spiritual), don't steal and leave people alone to their own devices.

1. Nod of respect to all of the above
2. Mild exception taken to #2 - LOL
3. In addition to #1 seems you are highly due an apology for that term "sport". Please accept mine.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
seekerman[/B];1278918]They're valid points. He's right. There's lots wrong with the KJV bible, but to be fair there's lots wrong with the koran also.
If one would equate the Muslim faith with the Christian faith, then the points are valid. However, "...the natural man (the Muslim faith) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned." They that will argue with Islam, are deceived, because there is no comparison to the doctrines of the Lord with their faith.

If we, as Christians, proclaim only the gospel and the doctrine of the apostles and prophets, we do well. Life will penetrate the soul of them that seek, even as many "...as should be saved."
Old 12-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Muslims are going to hell
Every single person in hell knows Jesus is Lord.
There are no unbelievers in hell.
But it's to late.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Banned

well, that is surely true...and, it is in the Qur'an
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Muslims are going to hell
hmm. how do you know? do you have Scripture for this? I know finger-pointers are...

Last edited by shazeep; 12-02-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
If one would equate the Muslim faith with the Christian faith, then the points are valid. However, "...the natural man (the Muslim faith) receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned." They that will argue with Islam, are deceived, because there is no comparison to the doctrines of the Lord with their faith.

If we, as Christians, proclaim only the gospel and the doctrine of the apostles and prophets, we do well. Life will penetrate the soul of them that seek, even as many "...as should be saved."
wadr, you equate a natural man with a practicing Muslim in ignorance. You do not know what you are talking about. You supposed men of God should be ashamed, and you make me ashamed that i must bear the label Christian beside you. Thankfully, it appears that God has about had enough of your ridiculous posturing, and i for one cannot wait to see how you bear up under Sharia Law. The Lord rebuke you.

The title of the thread says it all: "Islam VERSUS Christianity" which of course is more properly put the other way around, but it is fitting like it is, as "clueless" and "Christian" seem to pretty much go together. Aquila, wth? Gee, i wonder why we have so many fags and atheists. gag.

Last edited by shazeep; 12-02-2014 at 07:22 PM.