Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Banned

Re: On the Road Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Aquila,

Good move. If you find something good in the general Dayton-Springfield area let me know. I searched diligently in my years there but who knows in my absence The Lord could have done great things.
Apex currently has the house church market dominated in this area. Meanwhile, all the Apostolics are all dressed up like Kewpie dolls, marching all shiny in their Sunday best to their weekly, Sunday Show, starring, Pastor C. Lebrity. So, I don't know what we'll do.

Where do you go to church? Maybe we can roll with you guys.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have usually found that when a person arrives at a church in order to "impart greater truth", it usually isn't truth they are there to impart. Did you know what they believed when you first joined with them? Did they know what you believed when they first accepted you in?
Yes. But the house churches are independent. While the greater network is Reformed, they have house churches of nearly all flavors. I felt like the door was opened to share the Apostolic truth. And seeing how excited and accepting they were of it, it appeared that there was a very real possibility that one of their house churches would become Apostolic. Now, I wasn't sure if the network would maintain fellowship or not. But I figured if not, the elders could start their own network, and an Apostolic house church network in this area could be born. Deep down inside, I kinda hoped they'd embrace the truth, break away, and get on fire for the Apostolic message. I guess my hopes were too high. lol

Quote:
Or were you determined to be a "change agent"?
Yes, I'd often speak "as an Apostolic" and share a Oneness perspective, the realities of Acts 2:38, and the blessing of having the baptism of the Holy Ghost. They were often so riveted by the truths we discussed. It's like they were on the edge of it. I guess it was only skin deep.

Quote:
YEARS ago, I had been up in prayer all night long with my family and another sister who my wife had met in the neighbourhood. I felt impressed, literally burdened, in the wee morning hours to walk down to the local UPCI church. I walked down there, I was on a "mission from God". I walked up, saw the pastor, and went straight up to him and said "The Lord told me to come here this morning." He smiled, shook my hand, and said "Great! We're having hotdogs, help me unload the truck."

I learned a solid lesson that day. And many more in the days to come while we were with those brethren.
While I don't know the answer, I agree with you, it can only be found in prayer.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Apex currently has the house church market dominated in this area. Meanwhile, all the Apostolics are all dressed up like Kewpie dolls, marching all shiny in their Sunday best to their weekly, Sunday Show, starring, Pastor C. Lebrity. So, I don't know what we'll do.

A - yeah, you don't need to go to church with those guys. You are so much more spiritual than they are...
At least until your kids grow up and reject your doctrine.
Then you will wonder where you went wrong.
Or just blame someone else.
I have seen it happen over and over.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
A - yeah, you don't need to go to church with those guys. You are so much more spiritual than they are...
At least until your kids grow up and reject your doctrine.
Then you will wonder where you went wrong.
Or just blame someone else.
I have seen it happen over and over.
While it seems that my kids understand our Apostolic distinctives, it is a concern.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

We moved from Dayton in 2002. We are now in south central Ky 60 miles south of Lexington. We have been visiting a UPC Church in Lexington the last few months. They are post trib which is what drew me to them.

On day one the Pastor said he opposes men having beards and women trimming their hair. Our last discussion he came out for immortal soul doctrine. They dont seem to have a vision for witnessing and we have not been asked to fellowship outside of Church.

I dont know if something like that is what you are looking for. I'm not sure its what I'm looking for.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
We moved from Dayton in 2002. We are now in south central Ky 60 miles south of Lexington. We have been visiting a UPC Church in Lexington the last few months. They are post trib which is what drew me to them.

On day one the Pastor said he opposes men having beards and women trimming their hair. Our last discussion he came out for immortal soul doctrine. They dont seem to have a vision for witnessing and we have not been asked to fellowship outside of Church.

I dont know if something like that is what you are looking for. I'm not sure its what I'm looking for.
Prior to become Preterist, I was Pre-Wrath Rapture. A church's eschatological position isn't all that important to me at this point.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
While it seems that my kids understand our Apostolic distinctives, it is a concern.
A - If I were you, it would be my primary concern.
Seriously.
I have seen this happen far too many times.
I would urge you to find an apostolic church and immerse yourself in it.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Prior to become Preterist, I was Pre-Wrath Rapture. A church's eschatological position isn't all that important to me at this point.
Full or part pret?
Old 03-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Full or part pret?
Partial.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 PM
On the road less traveled

Pray about this, but maybe you need to start a house church in your own home.