Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Sorry, I couldn't refrain!!

When we have folks, who claim to be so superior when it comes to doctrine, say such stupid things when it comes to theology, it's no wonder why more don't listen to us when we open our mouths. Wonder how I really feel about this?
I agree... but I've already come to the conclusion that the ones who claim to have all the answers on what the "Apostles' Doctrine" really was truly don't have ANY answers... they have conjecture, doublespeak, and are ignorant of the people they claim to follow (the Apostles).

It's not Truth.

Oops... I opened my mouth.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

When men exalt tradition and their knowledge over sincere seeking and searching, I don't know, they have a narcissist spirit that turns me clean off.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
When men exalt tradition and their knowledge over sincere seeking and searching, I don't know, they have a narcissist spirit that turns me clean off.
ditto
Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
I asked a famous UPC evangelist why God filled folks with the H.G. before baptism. He said, "they got it on loan." I'm dead serious and he was too.
Quote:
"Got it on loan?" No way! Someone can't be that stupidly ignorant or even ignorantly stupid! You're making this up, right?
Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't refrain!!

When we have folks, who claim to be so superior when it comes to doctrine, say such stupid things when it comes to theology, it's no wonder why more don't listen to us when we open our mouths. Wonder how I really feel about this?
On other threads where I mentioned the scenario of one filled with the HG and not yet baptized in Jesus' name, three scenarios were mentioned if the person perished on the way to the baptistery:

1. They didn't really get it.
2. God will provide divine protection until they get at least one chance.
3. Too bad they should have repented, and been water baptized sooner.

So God was either a tease, or they got it on credit.

Or they were impervious to harm....

And if they got in "on credit" I guess we have a Holy God indwelling an unclean temple.

If supernatural protection how long does it last?

Does it mean it is impossible to change mind between HG baptism and water baptism?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
"Got it on loan?" No way! Someone can't be that stupidly ignorant or even ignorantly stupid! You're making this up, right?
One preacher told me that Cornelius was born breech.
He came in contrary to nature.
He was born of Spirit before being born of water.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Pardon my crassness... That is so stupid...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
God's Son

Has anyone found the scripture which states the Holy Ghost will not dwell in an unclean temple? It is an urban legend. If the Holy Ghost has to be in a clean vessel, than it is salvation by works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
On other threads where I mentioned the scenario of one filled with the HG and not yet baptized in Jesus' name, three scenarios were mentioned if the person perished on the way to the baptistery:

1. They didn't really get it.
2. God will provide divine protection until they get at least one chance.
3. Too bad they should have repented, and been water baptized sooner.

So God was either a tease, or they got it on credit.

Or they were impervious to harm....

And if they got in "on credit" I guess we have a Holy God indwelling an unclean temple.

If supernatural protection how long does it last?

Does it mean it is impossible to change mind between HG baptism and water baptism?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
. If the Holy Ghost has to be in a clean vessel, than it is salvation by works.
Only if one were to consider repentance, and acceptance of His blood sacrifice for propitiation, and acknowledgment of His Lordship to be our works. While they are actions on our part I do not think they qualify as salvation by works.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Has anyone found the scripture which states the Holy Ghost will not dwell in an unclean temple? It is an urban legend. If the Holy Ghost has to be in a clean vessel, than it is salvation by works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
Only if one were to consider repentance, and acceptance of His blood sacrifice for propitiation, and acknowledgment of His Lordship to be our works. While they are actions on our part I do not think they qualify as salvation by works.
I wonder if TV1 is advocating sinful union? For a clear and, in my book, irrefutable discussion on this matter .... Please read Adino's thread on the matter in Deeper Waters .... Sinful Union http://apostolicfriendsforum.com/sho...hlight=problem

Only one or two 3 steppers even tried to debate Adino on the matter.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
"Born breech????" Never heard that term before. Just another example of trying to fit that old round peg into a square hole. But... isn't it true that on the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Ghost was given to the 120 before they had been baptized in water? Kinda puts a kink on this whole 1) Repent THEN 2) be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, 3) THEN , recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost doctrine. Which brings up the next question... A person in, say, an AOG church repents and recieves the Holy Ghost but is not baptized in water. He dies and is lost? Then why was He given the HG in the first place if the HG is given to resurrect the righteous dead? I can answer that as follows:

1) He got the Holy Ghost on "loan"
2) He was a "breech birth" (which leads to #3)
3) God made a mistake.
4) He never got the Holy Ghost, it was a counterfeit
5) None of the above.

I pick #5

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.