Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Bro. Baxter on Trumps Peace Plan

You can still get a used copy on EBay
Old 10-28-2020, 12:47 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
What was false in his book "message to a president "?
Uhh... EVER-THING
Old 10-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Actually, Originalist is just saying what is obvious. Being Baxter, Bernard, or John Hagee might vary in their opinions, yet they are all Dispensationalists. Originalist’s judgement is mainly focused on what baloney is produced in real time. According to the conclusions the Dispensationalists draw from their eschatology. This is mainly concerning the world around them. All major epoch changing events are to be somehow found in Bible eschatology. Brother Baxter Jr. has given his opinions since his first book. Message to a President was hands down false. But, since everything is maybe, could be, might be, and should be, the game goes on year after year. With a plethora of individuals making lame excuses for these bungling so called prophecy experts.
Without trying to offend, I would rather deal with the dispensationalist than with the preterist. The things allegorist (preterist) come up with are a lot more serious. At least I can discuss with a dispensationalist as we have a common ground and maybe persuade them about a topic. I can't discuss Bible with allegorist.

Last edited by coksiw; 10-28-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
What is your eschatological view?
Regarding dispensations, I prefer to limit myself to the language of the Bible: "covenants".

Regarding eschatology, I am in the camp of premillennialism, however I have a humble view of the details of the last days right before the return of Christ. I believe there will be a time of tribulation like never before, and a beast kingdom worse than the persecuting Rome and far more reaching power in the World than Romans had. And that will be the last kingdom before the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe in a bodily resurrection of the just at the return of Christ and a 1000 years physical kingdom of Christ on earth, and then after the 1000 years, the White Throne of Judgment as described in Revelation and then the New Jerusalem.

I don't have a strong stand of when the catching away will be, however, I'm inclined for mid-trib (or prewrath) or post-trib. They both have merits. I see a significant issues with pre-trib.

I am a "futurist", however, that term it is used in this forum almost in a derogatory way and a lot of stereotyping is done to the group to make them look as absurd. That's why I prefer the term "premillennialist" as it matches better my view, but I can deal with being called futurist anyway .
Old 10-28-2020, 01:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Without trying to offend, I would rather deal with the dispensationalist than with the preterist. The things allegorist (preterist) come up with are a lot more seriously wrong. At least I can discuss with a dispensationalist as we have a common ground and maybe persuade them about a topic. I can't discuss Bible with allegorist.
Without trying to offend? Let it loose boy, don't hold back. Because you can't maintain some sort of Christianese while you obviously are the offended one.
Allegory is exactly what is happening in the prophetic language of Revelation. Also in the words of the prophets. Jesus lines out the destruction of Jerusalem in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. Somethings allegorical, and others not.

Dispensationalist and some other futurists see Jews living today as being the descendants of Ancient Judeans and Israelites found in the Bible. Which they are not. Also you can't literalize stars falling from heaven, or a sun not shining, while a moon drips with blood. The earthquakes happening in different areas weren't meant to mean worldwide. Seeing that earthquakes happen everyday, and must do so because the earth has a thin movable crust. So, then you sit down with people "rank and file" John Q public, they ask you question which you have no answers. You have no common ground with other Dispensationalist or Futurist eschatologists unless you majorly agree to disagree. Because when it comes down to the nitty gritty you will strongly disagree. Not majoring on the minors isn't what the Apostle Paul had in mind in the first chapter 1 Corinthians. Churchanity only agrees with the bare minimum. Jesus coming and going, death, burial, and resurrection. You will find that you have common ground with every Tom, Dick, and Harry who claims Christianity. Because they believe in similar things. But you will find that the closer they look at you is where they start calling you a heretic.

Right hand of the Father? Is an allegory? Correct? But not to them. So, listen pal, your doctrine breeds goofball doomsday predictions and always will. But, Corkscrew, don't hold back, don't tiptoe through the tulips. Especially when wanting to let it be known how you feel about a doctrine. You will always find people who will be willing to park your hind end in the pits of a burning hell. Right next to the people who believe in doctrines you don't agree with. It's pure hardcore religion served cold. One day you will grow up, and maybe figure it all out. In the meanwhile you pray for all of us Preterists who laugh and stupid things you'll say about current events.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Regarding dispensations, I prefer to limit myself to the language of the Bible: "covenants".

Elder James LeDeay? When did you change your nick? Corkscrew, that is exactly what a dispensationalist is they are covenantalists, instead of seven dispensations they choose covenants made within the Bible.

Quote:
Regarding eschatology, I am in the camp of premillennialism, however I have a humble view of the details of the last days right before the return of Christ. I believe there will be a time of tribulation like never before, and a beast kingdom worse than the persecuting Rome and far more reaching power in the World than Romans had. And that will be the last kingdom before the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe in a bodily resurrection of the just at the return of Christ and a 1000 years physical kingdom of Christ on earth, and then after the 1000 years, the White Throne of Judgment as described in Revelation and then the New Jerusalem.

I don't have a strong stand of when the catching away will be, however, I'm inclined for mid-trib (or prewrath) or post-trib. They both have merits. I see a significant issues with pre-trib.

I am a "futurist", however, that term it is used in this forum almost in a derogatory way and a lot of stereotyping is done to the group to make them look as absurd. That's why I prefer the term "premillennialist" as it matches better my view, but I can deal with being called futurist anyway .
So, in other words you don't know what you believe.

Yep, you got a lot of common ground with a lot of people.

Whatever.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

Old 10-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Old 10-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:

Thank you for sharing your views.
I appreciate your discussions on the forum.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Elder James LeDeay? When did you change your nick? Corkscrew, that is exactly what a dispensationalist is they are covenantalists, instead of seven dispensations they choose covenants made within the Bible.

So, in other words you don't know what you believe.

Yep, you got a lot of common ground with a lot of people.

Whatever.
That's Bro LeDeay? Whooo hooo, it's like it was before only different!!!!