Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Wedding Bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRINGE_NUTTER View Post
Are you saying there has been an Annulment???
I have no proof of annulment being sought or granted. I do know that there are whispers of something going on. Could be something as minor as him stepping back and trying to remove her from the fray. Guess time will tell.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais

I was told to "get out" of the church and fellowship so that another UPC preacher could get laid.

It will be interesting to see what sort of "witness" the UPC fellowship will have over this hetero-sexual man marrying a woman of like precious faith..
What?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdXcharm View Post
"A" = Annulment
big A for whom?

or from whom?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

There is nothing that mentions a marriage on either facebook page. It did for awhile.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

The word is, she has battled cancer twice.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Administrator

So any update on the status of this couple? Happily married but keeping a low profile or trouble in paradise the reason references to the marriage disappeared off their respective sites?
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
So any update on the status of this couple? Happily married but keeping a low profile or trouble in paradise the reason references to the marriage disappeared off their respective sites?
This would be my guess.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

from a message on facebook that I received from Brenda, it appears that the marriage did not happen.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
from a message on facebook that I received from Brenda, it appears that the marriage did not happen.
Interesting! Well....

I have been taught marriage consists of three essential elements... that being the recognition of the matrimony by man and law, the recognition of God, and the human consummation. Hmmmm...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

If you get an annulment, does that mean it never happened ?
Closed Thread