Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Re: Are We Eating Too Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMeMyJesus View Post
Should apostolics be fat? Someone told me we shouldn't be fat because our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Then why are most of our preachers fat?

NO - being fat is not a sin - gluttony is a sin - I know people who can eat junk food in excess and it is unbelievable how skinny they are. I do believe we should be conscious of what we do to our bodies (bad food, lack of exercise, smoking, etc.) because our body is the temple of God - not excercising can be just as harmful as smoking - but just because someone is fat does not mean they are sinning.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
don't know what the formula is for men, but for women, this is the approximate weight formula:

at 5 feet we should weight 100 pounds, with an additional 5 pounds for every inch over 5 feet.

for example, I'm 5'9", so I should weigh 145 lbs.

this corresponds pretty well with what a BMI chart says my ideal BMI should be.

according to my physician, a woman should have a BMI around 22 to 23, and a man should be around 24 to 25. If you are a weight lifter you should go by fat percentage versus BMI.

this information was gathered from statistical longevity data.

In addition, if you want to get an idea of how many calories you should be eating, take your BMI weight X 10 and then multiply it by your activity level, 1.1 for slightly active, 1.2 for very active:

so, for me that would be (145*10) *1.2 or about 1700 calories per day to maintain my weight.

If you want to lose weight, keep a food journal, there are calorie counters on the web, you can easily keep track of the calories you are eating with a little research on the web.

figure out what your weight should be, using a BMI chart, and the calorie formula above. Eat 4 or 5 smaller meals through out the day to ensure that you are not hungry and that your metabolism is steady. Eat lean protein, vegetable and complex carbs each meal. For women, make sure you are getting enough calcium and taking calcium supplements to preserve bone density. Excersize about 3 times a week to maintain bone and muscle mass.

and there you are, within no time you will feel much better.
You didn't account for age, I understand that age allows more weight. Not sure what the ratio is on that, and seems like bone structure also varies.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Because being fat is only a kind of, sort of, God winks at kind of sin even though the scripture specifically mentions gluttony. BUT! For a woman to wear pants, even though the Bible does not mention it nor does the UPCI manual, THAT is a hell bound sin!!

Anymore questions?
Girl, watch out now.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I wasn't aware there was a survey done to determine that most of our preachers are fat...but why just pick on preachers and not the entire body of Christ?

BTW I don't eat too much
let's start at the shoulders first.

and that would be the pastors

Last edited by riverslivnwtr; 09-05-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Should apostolics be fat? Someone told me we shouldn't be fat because our bodies are the temple of the Lord. Then why are most of our preachers fat?
I believe most pastors are fat because of all the invitations to dinner he gets..

if you have a congregation to stuff you with food you're gonna get cause if you don't eat their food they're (momma's ) going to get offended....

as far as the rest of us..sitting in front of the TV while eating will produce a couch potatoe..
Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Look at billy cole, That's all I gotta say
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

The "Eat Right For Your Type" diet is all you need to know about dieting. It is based on decades of clinical research and science, not some celebrity hawking some one-size-fits-all diet. Even Dr. Oz of Oprah fame is getting into the act and making it famous to the TV masses. If you stick with it, and you are overweight, you will feel better overall, and lose weight. Or, if you are skinny (like Cindy, lol), you will gain the weight you need to gain. In both cases, you will feel much better. There are numerous cases of people in cancer therapy groups where the "last men/women standing" were the ones that were on the ER4YT diet, and take joy in waving the ER4YT book in the air proclaiming "It works! And I'm a testament to that fact!" The advanced and more individual versions are known as the Genotype and SWAMI diets (I'm on the SWAMI, and it's awesome!), but the original works best for most cases. For more info, check here:

http://www.dadamo.com/

The forum is here:

http://www.dadamo.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?

The book is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Right-Your...7325299&sr=1-1

An update to the book that includes non-secretors, is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Right-4-Y...7325299&sr=1-6

The Genotype diet book is here:

http://www.amazon.com/GenoType-Diet-...p/0767925246#_

The reason more books came out over time is due to advancing research. His dad started it all back in the 60's. He and his dad are naturopathic physicians. He has just updated the version 2 of SWAMI (Serotyping With Advanced Modifying Inventories) and I think he's really narrowing in on people's diet needs. It is based on a survey of your measurments, past medical history, family medical history, etc. It is truly amazing science, a thing which I truly respect.

I have lost 30 pounds since early summer and plan to lose about 30 more by next spring. Trust me, it is a great "way of living and eating" not just a diet. You are given the foods that agree with your system the best, and it is up to you to cook and eat the foods the way you want. You just have to have "faith" that it works. When you have that faith, and follow his instructions, you will see the results.

Last edited by Adam; 09-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Im sure there are fat preachers, but where did you get MOST of them are fat?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
we could do a poll and ask

If you are a preacher are you fat, yes or no
Old 09-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The obese ones are the most noticeable I guess. I saw a preacher once who was wider than the pulpit!