Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:19 AM

Galatians 4:4 KJV
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

NASB: But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, (NASB ©1995)

ASV: but when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Born or made of a woman????
Old 03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Son was made of a woman???? So the Son is not God but a man???
The Son is NOT God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Son is indwelt by God. The Son is the house God lives in. Paul said the Son was made of a woman was he incorrect?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Galatians 4:4 KJV
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

NASB: But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, (NASB ©1995)

ASV: but when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Born or made of a woman????
The woman furnished the egg like any other birth. He was Mary's son. Made of a woman.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Galatian 4:4
Old 03-13-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The Son is NOT God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Son is indwelt by God. The Son is the house God lives in. Paul said the Son was made of a woman was he incorrect?
Is Jesus the Son of God? And would your statement above then mean that Jesus is not God?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Digging the YOU scholarly answer them! Take your time. Show them how wise we are instead of complaining about my explanations!!!
Well brother... since you only have one gear I will go ahead and answer your question although MY viewpoint is not what they are working through blood, sweat and tears to pull out of you.

The OP leaders in this thread are dodging their question with all the might they possess. I am already having this conversation on another forum and my opinion is already known by the one doing the asking. As a matter of fact my open and honest answering of tbpews questions has caused me to take another look at what I believe.

But... to answer the question they have posed to you (and not me) I would say the following...

I have been taught that there is one God in 3 manifestations.

I have been taught that...

God is the Father in creation
God is the son in redemption
God is the Holy Ghost in touching/infilling man.

Basically.. Jesus was God robed in flesh.

But... an honest and open discussion with tbpew has caused me to at least step back and see what thus saith the word of God concerning these long held beliefs.

I have presented a long list of scriptures in this forum (multiple times) that seem to state emphatically that the apostles did draw a real difference between the father and the son. No one has made any comment on my questions concerning these scriptures.

I have stated what I have been taught. I now do see that the apostles did demonstrate that they saw a clear dilineation between the Father & the son and I am in a state of study, prayer and possible flux at the moment.

Hopefully this has answered the question that was not posed to me. If you could now give a clear answer to the same question it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

no Paul said GOD sent HIS SON and HE the SON was made of a woman...

explain further the love between certain elements -distinctions or persons of the trinity

Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again

this shows more then mere modalism

there are eternal distinctions as well

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

compare those to CHRISTS words
Jesus actually CAME FROM THE FATHER AND WAS IN THE FATHER
Joh 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is Jesus the Son of God? And would your statement above then mean that Jesus is not God?
Daniel have you read my post??????????? You knwo perfectly well I believe Jesus is GOD he is BOTH Father and Son.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Sir this shows how ignorant you are concerning what Oneness folks believe you are snared by the words of your own mouth. I will explain:
The Eternal God who the omnipresent-omniscience-omnipotent-invisible overshadowed Mary and concieved the body which fulfilled the role of the Son of God. The Son was MADE of a woman Gal. 4:4! THAT which was conceived in Mary is called the Son of God. My Father does NOT dwell in me and when you see me you do not see my father. God the Father was incarnate in the Son NOT God the Son(there is no such being.).

Yes he is BOTH Father and Son.!
He is BOTH Lord & Christ!
He is BOTH God & Man!
He is BOTH Eternal & Temporal!
He is BOTH Invisible & Visible.
He is BOTH JUdge & Advocate!
He is BOTH the Lion & the Lamb.
He is Both the Root & the Offspring!
He is BOTH Immortal and mortal!
He is BOTH Father & Son!
He is BOTH Spirit & Flesh!

He is NOT two or more PERSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve, thank you for saying more words so that I can understand the light you stand in.

I am confident you are betting the farm on the fact that your father which is in heaven, dwells in you.
I am also confident, your are striving that when people see you, they have seen your heavenly father that dwells in you.

Your temporal father in the realm of time is human and not a Spirit. As such, he CAN NOT dwell in you. God on the otherhand, is a Spirit.

Thank you for sharing with me how ignorant I am concerning what oneness folks believe. I feel much better knowing I will not dissapoint you in this area.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

we say JESUS said he was the Father - he never said that - HE said HE was the SON OF GOD - or GOD THE SON - this was enough to make HIM equal to GOD

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.