Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

A Loving appeal to those that wear makeup

Ladies as an" Ultra-Con" ( used to be called just a good Holiness Brother )I do sincerely love you. Please consider at least giving up makeup in every form (as a starter). It is not healthy , physically or emotionally and as a person created in God'd Holy image it hurts me to see you feel like you need to be made up to appear acceptable to the worldly society. My wife is 36 and has never worn ANY form of makeup including shoe polish on her eyes ( Apostolic reference).The whole JCM episode stirred me strongly in the Holy Ghost and I can say I'm determined with the help of the Lord to stand for holiness and separation.
I want to also say that I teach my children to love women wearing makeup etc. It seems like many liberals "think" we teach our children hate, well I have NEVER seen that to be the case. I have had family members and friends through the years compromise on the dress code and separation from the world and it was not long until more sin was made clearly manifest.
With Love From the heart of a Young Preacher
Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Re: A Loving appeal to those that wear makeup

I know the perfect gift for your children next Christmas. Get them the entire set of Ruth Reider-Harvey chldren's books.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
crakjak

From a senior believer, Bro. you really should be like Jesus and focus on the heart, and let the outside be dealt with by the individual and their Lord. Your position on makeup should be your and your wife's decision and your relationship to your Lord. And make sure it is based on scripture and not on a sixty year old religious tradition.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

At least you did start a separate thread. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Don't ask.

He's giving his opinion, and asking folks to consider his advice. What's wrong with that?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Yo Yiso! Do you really think your appeal will be received?

I am not anti separation per se, however, unless you show scriptural prohibition who possibly will (or should) receive you?

Separation for the sake of separation produces separateness but not godliness.

Should we not be as much like the culture we are trying to reach as possible?

Realizing there are limits involving sinful behavior and such, it is incumbent on you to show how wearing any makeup is sin or sinful. How is a small amount of makeup on a zit a bad thing? How is foundation for these ladies "not healthy , physically or emotionally"?

I don't know that there is any makeup in our home, but I would think twice before I determined one was somehow unholy if they had some on.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Don't ask.

Well, now that you mention it, he did imply it was sin, didn't he. (Said it wasn't long before more sin came along.) OK. Blast away.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I know the perfect gift for your children next Christmas. Get them the entire set of Ruth Reider-Harvey chldren's books.
Dear friend we do not participate in the RCC holiday of X-Mass . Thankfully my nine year old son can read and comprehend more Hebrew than most Oneness preachers so I believe that we will continue with Kittel's Hebrew Text.(YALE) This is based upon the Masoretic text, which was of course used as a bases for the KJV.
In other words I covet your prayers to be an accurate and adequate teacher.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Well, now that you mention it, he did imply it was sin, didn't he. (Said it wasn't long before more sin came along.) OK. Blast away.
But really, he is entitled to his opinions. And maybe he's right, as I've said before: maybe God really does have a list of dressing and grooming requirements for us.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
But really, he is entitled to his opinions. And maybe he's right, as I've said before: maybe God really does have a list of dressing and grooming requirements for us.
I think we can make a Biblical case that your midnight STREAKING has got to stop Timmy.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves