Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 PM
SISTER Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
"When the Spirit of the Lord....comes upon my heart....I will DANCE like David danced........"

(just be thankful they did not dance in the nude!!!)
I have had more than one pastor (here in the formerly 'stuffy' NW) who did not allow that song, nor any others that were sung/played in a minor key. It was some weird traditional thing that I never did hear a good explanation for: the best I ever heard was that they were 'too mournful'. Now, thank God, we can sing and play and worship to these songs!!! As a supplemental musician and a praise singer, I love it!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

My wife was there at the filming of this DVD and said it was all good and professionally created.

Glad to see you EXers are approving of the UPC!

I am not much of a dancer myself - but prefer "moving with the music" over uninhibited shockamoooo.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
"When the Spirit of the Lord....comes upon my heart....I will DANCE like David danced........"

(just be thankful they did not dance in the nude!!!)
Amen!!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 AM
Sister Alvear

Good point....
Old 05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

I guess the UPC isnt the only group "progressing"

I attended sunday morning service in a baptist church in Alabama sunday...not only did they clap to a fast song, they STOOD UP - unsolicited.

of course there was no running the aisles or hands in the air, but they clapped and got on their feet...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
My wife was there at the filming of this DVD and said it was all good and professionally created.

Glad to see you EXers are approving of the UPC!

I am not much of a dancer myself - but prefer "moving with the music" over uninhibited shockamoooo.
So you think it was better than a good ole barn raisin'?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
So you think it was better than a good ole barn raisin'?
Me? I didn't go. Barn raisings are way cool though, and are often a "Spiritual" event too.

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Go Dodgers!

Was someone trying to suggest David danced in the nude?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I just watched Gateway's new choir DVD that was recorded last month in St. Louis. It is AWESOME, by the way. But I was amazed at the way things have changed in the 16 years since we left UPC. The entire choir was dancing (boogeying) to the music, and I don't mean in the Spirit. From someone who has not been around UPC music/artists much in the past 16 years, the change blew me away. Trust me, I thought the music and moves were great, but this is something we used to get criticized for - dancing around, jumping, etc. to the music beat with our eyes open and not doing the shockamoo stuff. When did this all happen???
They do that on TBN too. That Judy chick sings that song "No one like Jehovah" and has a bunch of teen agers all dressed in black standing behind her and all they do is jump up and down and dance from the moment she starts

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Was someone trying to suggest David danced in the nude?
Some think he was not nude. but there was a prophet that went nude for a period of time right? Whats up with that?