Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
I believe so. It is so lame.. kinda sad, too. It's not very genuine or inspired.

Are you talking about Judy or Chosen?

I love Judy Jacobs. And both my girls have been to Karen Wheaton's youth services in Alabama and they like them. Why do y'all see them as lame?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Are you talking about Judy or Chosen?

I love Judy Jacobs. And both my girls have been to Karen Wheaton's youth services in Alabama and they like them. Why do y'all see them as lame?
The kids dancing... it's very programmed. They get an A for effort. Maybe I'm too old school. I dunno.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
The kids dancing... it's very programmed. They get an A for effort. Maybe I'm too old school. I dunno.
I was at a UPC church a couple years ago close to me, and the kids from that church all dressed alike and did Karen Wheaton's song and dance, exactly like the DVD she put out. It was powerful, but I was a little surprised.

I can't remember the name of the song. Tamor, it's the one we did in Adamsville a couple times that Lynn and about 40 people did.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I was at a UPC church a couple years ago close to me, and the kids from that church all dressed alike and did Karen Wheaton's song and dance, exactly like the DVD she put out. It was powerful, but I was a little surprised.

I can't remember the name of the song. Tamor, it's the one we did in Adamsville a couple times that Lynn and about 40 people did.
That's cool. I am kinda old school.. but I'm coming around.. lol
Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
That's cool. I am kinda old school.. but I'm coming around.. lol
Man, you're way too YOUNG to be old school. I'm 50 and I'm not old school!! I refuse to be anything with the word old in it.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Man, you're way too YOUNG to be old school. I'm 50 and I'm not old school!! I refuse to be anything with the word old in it.
hey.. hey.. ultra con here.. sorta.. well.. not really so much anymore.. I said I'm coming around.. give a guy a break!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:

Behold the Lamb? We signed that song. Yeah, I was in that both times. Very powerful. I thought y'all were in Jackson by then. Have you seen us perform that one?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:53 PM
ABIgrad

Re: Gateway's New DVD - shocker

Quote:
I don't even know; my brother was down and it was recorded at this church. They had not seen it either until we watched it together. When I was at his church dedication in March, the Gateway choir sang there. They are really good! I think Gateway is kind of the "Bible college of Choice" at the present. You know how it kind of goes in cycles.
THE CD/DVD is called "STAND." Most of the songs on the recording were wrote by students. I too was at the recording, and it was awesome. The chorale was truly anointed and at one point the worship wa so strong, that there were no musicians left on their instruments, or anyone left to sing. I have never witnessed this at any other Bible college recordings...for quite a while...maybe way back in the JCM days. : ) I am impressed with the music program @ Gateway, they rock!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
That's why I love the mission field! It's the same way in Kenya; they will stay all day, and stand because there are no places to sit down. Our people would never stand for that many hours, especially in a mud church.
I have a friend that went to Africa for a month. He said when he went to bed the first night it was quiet. After a little while the man in the next bed started speaking and he couldn't understand most of it but he heard Jesus name spoken. The next day he asked if the man was talking in his sleep, someone told him no. He was praying, praying in his sleep. Pray without ceasing was taken to heart.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
They do that on TBN too. That Judy chick sings that song "No one like Jehovah" and has a bunch of teen agers all dressed in black standing behind her and all they do is jump up and down and dance from the moment she starts
That is kind of scary to me, I don't know why but it just is. They dance like the kids do at the raves or whatever you call them. Down in the mosh pit thingy. Mostly goth I think.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV