Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Oneness Believer

Re: Evidential Faith: Blog by JN Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Enjoyed the article. I read it this morning and have had it on my mind all day today.

I especially love Isaiah 40:10-11 "Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

and John 10:11-14 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

I was thinking of how many people might have remembered his words after his suffering and death proving that he had everything invested. He laid down his body, his blood, his everything having no identification with a hireling. It would never have occurred to him to flee and not carry out his task or responsibility. He made a solid commitment to us because, he made a promise.
Great thoughts PO! Thanks for sharing
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Oneness Believer

Re: Evidential Faith: Blog by JN Anderson

The Apostle Paul and Thanksgiving II