Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Islamic Militants Kill Pentecostal Pastor

Here is a link to a news story today about Islamic militants murdering a Pentecostal pastor in Nigeria.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05...ntcmp=HPBucket
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Re: Islamic Militants Kill Pentecostal Pastor

Apparently the article got its facts wrong. Islam is a religion of peace...

TIC.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Banned

no, it was an Administrator who got his dogma confused; Christians are called to not dwell on murder, mayhem, etc., committed by anyone, regardless of their obviously hypocritical declarations of "faith." You should both be ashamed.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
no, it was an Administrator who got his dogma confused; Christians are called to not dwell on murder, mayhem, etc., committed by anyone, regardless of their obviously hypocritical declarations of "faith." You should both be ashamed.
Look in the mirror.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamDat View Post
Look in the mirror.
I love what I see.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I love what I see.
I'm sorry.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Look in the mirror.
I need only look in Scripture for this; do you really need a quote here?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I love what I see.
amen.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry.
and amen.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Really? I always believed Christians stood for TRUTH.
I suppose you will attempt to pervert the truth and attempt to equate David and Bathsheba once again with the pervert Mohammad. Which can be seen here:
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...eply&p=1251947

The TRUTH is the Koran glorifies jihad and even tells its adherents that lying is okay in some circumstances - the doctrine of Al-Takeyya (sp?).

So go one blather on about what Christians are and are not supposed to do. Muhhamed was a pervert and perversion is still rampant in Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-brides.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfjbmq4vOWU

Canada: Muslim Pedophile Marriage On The Rise...Child Brides for Muslim Pedophiles
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b3_1...aCXOWrOYh3P.99

More Muslim Men Buying Child Brides... for a Month
http://atheism.about.com/b/2013/04/2...or-a-month.htm

The people who should be ashamed are people like you defending these atrocities!
Christians stand for TRUTH.

More TRUTH:
Coptic Christian women are sometimes kidnapped and coerced into converting to Islam. the link below is to a 2009 report on the issue. Here is an excerpt form the section "Key Findings":
Found here:
http://csi-int.org/pdfs/csi_coptic_report.pdf

Documented cases attest to forced conversions of Coptic women and girls to Islam and forced marriages to Muslim men. Father P. indicated that in his parish alone, there were over 50 cases of such instances during the year prior to this interview. Bishop M., whose monastery has established two safe houses for young women returning from forced marriages and conversions, claims, “We are only one monastery and 45 women live with us.”

These marriages and conversions take place under duress and frequently include abductions and physical abuse. Examples cited in this narrative are extracted from interviews conducted with victims and cases provided by human rights attorneys, which are summarized in Appendix A of this report.

H. was befriended by a Muslim girl whose brother raped her. Ashamed to tell her [own family], she remained with the man’s family during which time his mother persuaded her to convert to Islam and marry her son. She was locked into her apartment every day when her husband left for work andallowed to leave only with her in-laws. She was denied access to the telephone, made to cover herself when she left the house and was frequently beaten. (Case 1)

The father of a young abducted woman writes to President Mubarek, Mrs. Susan Mubarek, and other high level officials asking for assistance in finding his daughter: “Dear Honored Official: My daughter was kidnapped on February 2, 2005 by a Muslim boy who lives in the village of Balak al Dakoor in the outskirts of Cairo. My daughter is only 18 years old and
could harm no one. I beg you to help me find my daughter as she is the apple of my eye and could harm no one.” (Case 23).

Victims are reluctant to press charges against their perpetrators and, when charges have been filed, there is no documented evidence of convictions against the perpetrators.

The situation has only worsened for the Coptic Christians since the Muslim Brotherhood has taken control of key positions in various governments.

You "bbyrd009" are the one who should be ashamed!
All Christians should be outraged at this and demand justice!
Only perverts would want this to continue...

Last edited by Pliny; 05-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.