Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
BroMatt

Re: An Interview with William Branham...interestin

The Holy Spirit was never given to vindicate or validate us, as though God was now confirming our doctrinal positions, but to lead us into all truth. All the gifts, all the ministry offices, indeed all that is in the Spirit is intended to guide us (and anyone we deal with) into all truth.

Whether we progress into all truth or not is dependent on our willingness and mindset. It is a dangerous thing to decide we have "arrived" and our position is now all truth. We are far better served to continue throughout our lives to search the scriptures.

I would point out that what we have available to each of us in this day is far superior to what he had available in his day. Rather than judge another man's servant (I have no issues with us decerning right from wrong concerning doctrine and behaviour), the real question is what are we doing with what we have been given?

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mfblume;1013525]But does it not mean what part is used of God is meant to be received by us?[/QUOTE
Sure but that in no way validates the man. God uses whomever He pleases. Ask Balam's donkey.

- Groucho Marx
Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume
But does it not mean what part is used of God is meant to be received by us?
Sure but that in no way validates the man. God uses whomever He pleases. Ask Balam's donkey.
I never said it validates the man, You are dodging my question. I said that we are meant to receive that which is done by God through a person, whether a donkey or not. So, once again, do you receive what God did through Branham despite whether or not it validated him?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I never said it validates the man, You are dodging my question. I said that we are meant to receive that which is done by God through a person, whether a donkey or not. So, once again, do you receive what God did through Branham despite whether or not it validated him?
I was speaking in hypotheticals. As far as WB I don't believe there was anything positive about his 'ministry'. I believe he was a fake in every way.

- Groucho Marx
Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
BroMatt

I don't think he was a fake, or at least not in the beginning. Many ministries keep marketing long after the shelves are bare, and that is one problem with the "show must go on" mentality.

It is wiser to withdraw, spend time with God, find out what He wants done, do that, withdraw, spend time with God, find out what He wants done ....ect

We are often so buzy trying to build something different than what God might have in mind.

The Azuza Street Revivial lasted about a year, but look at the fame and impact yet today.

"It began with a meeting on April 14, 1906, and continued until roughly 1915"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azuza_Street_Revival
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

I was raised in a church that followed William branhams teachings, and was also taught serpent seed. If serpent seed is incorrect, what actually happened in Eden?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4tH...elated&search=

I am NOT a Branhamite... but from the threads on here that have been posted some seemed interested... but Branham's Interview may shed some light...it's mostly him talking about him...

Said he recieved visions about people...said when he was 36 a man came to him... Seems to say he saw Jesus in Human Form as God and was given instruction that he would be given a ministry to heal people and see into peoples hearts...
My precious brothers what is a Branhamite?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

My family converted to,the message when I was young. I don't think they were aware of the serpent seed teaching, WBs attitude about women, or many other errors. WBs teaching was so confusing and contradictory that only with the advent of the internet search could anyone say what his general teaching on those subjects were.

No one I was close with thought SS was a physical lineage. More and more believe that today tho, as it is the only possible end of WBs serpent seed teaching.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Elder Epley, you know a lot of people I know, and would like to discuss a little further. Would it be appropriate for me to send you a private message?