Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

Smile new member

I have read with much interest, amusement and sometimes amazement many of the threads on this forum and often wished I could have some input. I am excited to finally take that step and be a part of this community. I look forward to a very enjoyable experience. I live in Lake Charles, LA., attend Eastwood UPC, have numerous interests and hobbies, have raised two fine children both of whom have recently graduated from college and are involved in ministry. I am very involved in church and work at staying as young as possible. My daughter is married but I am not a grandmother yet, however I do have a six month old kitten. That's the best I can do for now!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Re: new member

Welcome, Rita. You're wise not to have jumped in at the deep end!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 11-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritamuffin57 View Post
I have read with much interest, amusement and sometimes amazement many of the threads on this forum and often wished I could have some input. I am excited to finally take that step and be a part of this community. I look forward to a very enjoyable experience. I live in Lake Charles, LA., attend Eastwood UPC, have numerous interests and hobbies, have raised two fine children both of whom have recently graduated from college and are involved in ministry. I am very involved in church and work at staying as young as possible. My daughter is married but I am not a grandmother yet, however I do have a six month old kitten. That's the best I can do for now!
Welcome!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 11-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Welcome to AFF... We are blessed to have you.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Jellybean!

Welcome Rita!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritamuffin57 View Post

I am sure we will agree and disagree...

The main thing is to have a voice...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Forever Loved Admin

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Mr. Stewart

Welcome...resistance is futile

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 11-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Christmas 2009

Welcome, Ritamuffin! Thanks for telling us a little about yourself; you come from a good church.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Welcome...