Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
I am so thankful for this. I am set free. I can now do all those things I have never been allowed to do.

Thank you
Thank you

I am so relieved that I can now commit adultry, worship other gods, bear false witness, kill those I don't like, and on and on. Thank you Thank you

I am so glad I have a new revelation.
Sorry bro. In reading the article it appears there are still seven commandments for "righteous gentiles." So commandments 1-5 would still knock out all your new found fun!!

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder.
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit adultery.
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Re: The Ten Commandments Are Not for Gentiles?

Anyone ever stop to ask, Where does the Bible list the NOAHIDE LAWS?????

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Bump

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
The Jews generally hold the oral tradition as having been given to Moses and passed down through the generations. It was forbidden to write them. This was followed until the destruction of the temple and scattering of the Jews.

So the short answer. The Jews recognize different Holy Writings.

If I recall the Noahide laws (the commandments reissued to Noah) are found in Sanhedrin 56.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encryptus View Post
The Jews generally hold the oral tradition as having been given to Moses and passed down through the generations. It was forbidden to write them. This was followed until the destruction of the temple and scattering of the Jews.

So the short answer. The Jews recognize different Holy Writings.

If I recall the Noahide laws (the commandments reissued to Noah) are found in Sanhedrin 56.
Thanks for the info.

So it is extrabiblical, therefore, incorrect. I hope everyone realizes this.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Genesis 11:10

aren't we men warriors in this fight against the kingdom of darkness? Won't find me on the battlefield in a dress.

ARPH
Old 03-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
I don't buy the argument Deuteronomy 22 was intended to talk about garments of war. There is not much logic in putting a one sentence about army fatigues in that section. If the passage truly meant to mean women shouldn't wear camoflauge or engage in battle, why was it not put in Deuteronomy 20 which gives explicit directives how to fight war. There are other passages which discusses war etiquette and not one of them mention women's apparel as it relates to warfare.

I believe the passage should be interpreted that a woman should dress like a woman. Interpret that how you like.
I believe the important word in defining Deut 22:5 would be "wear" as we want to know what is the mindset behind the reference.

I've listed all definitions, below for the word "wear" used in the OT with pertaining scriptures referenced above each Strong's definition.

The definition for the word "wear", hâyâh - 1961, in Deut 22:5 is used one time and only in this passage. It does not mean to simply put on clothing. In the broad sense it means" to exist or become". It also comes from another primary root - hava havah - 1933 - "to breathe, in the sense of existence".

Therefore, I believe the passage in Deut 22:5 is speaking of homosexuality and not simply "putting on some clothing". It implies a deeper meaning.

The normal use of the word "wear", lâbash lâbêsh- 3847, "to put on a garment" is only referred to in Deut 22:11, Esther 6:8, Isaiah 4:1, and Zechariah 14:4. See definition below.

Deut 22:5
H1961
היה
hâyâh
haw-yaw'
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary): - beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use.

H1933
הוה הוא
hâvâ' hâvâh
haw-vaw', haw-vaw'
A primitive root (compare H183, H1961) supposed to mean properly to breathe; to be (in the sense of existence): - be, X have.

Deut 22:11
Esther 6:8
Isaiah 4:1
Zechariah 14:4

H3847
לבשׁ לבשׁ
lâbash lâbêsh
law-bash', law-bashe'
A primitive root; properly wrap around, that is, (by implication) to put on a garment or clothe (oneself, or another), literally or figuratively: - (in) apparel, arm, array (self), clothe (self), come upon, put (on, upon), wear.

Exodus 18:18

H5034
נבל
nâbêl
naw-bale'
A primitive root; to wilt; generally to fall away, fail, faint; figuratively to be foolish or (morally) wicked; causatively to despise, disgrace: - disgrace, dishonour, lightly esteem, fade (away, -ing), fall (down, -ling, off), do foolishly, come to nought, X surely, make vile, wither.

I Sam 2:28
I Sam 22:18

H5375
נסה נשׂא
nâśâ' nâsâh
naw-saw', naw-saw'
A primitive root; to lift, in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively, absolutely and relatively: - accept, advance, arise, (able to, [armour], suffer to) bear (-er, up), bring (forth), burn, carry (away), cast, contain, desire, ease, exact, exalt (self), extol, fetch, forgive, furnish, further, give, go on, help, high, hold up, honourable (+ man), lade, lay, lift (self) up, lofty, marry, magnify, X needs, obtain, pardon, raise (up), receive, regard, respect, set (up), spare, stir up, + swear, take (away, up), X utterly, wear, yield.

Job 14:19

H7833
שׁחק
shâchaq
shaw-khak'
A primitive root; to comminute (by trituration or attrition): - beat, wear.