Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I Am That I Am.

The Matt

This is just a thread I'm gonna post a lil spiritual life journal on, so I can have something to look back on and see where I was, see my spiritual growth, and put my prayer requests here too. Not an everyday thing. I appreciate and welcome encouragement. and if this encourages anyone, praise God for double blessings!

Ok let's see....Well I'm not gonna make this a testimony, I'm just going to say Jesus delivered me from misery incarnate. If I get out of church, I slip, thats a gimme. I came back to church and started caring about God again in the first week of December 2011. I feel like december til now was just a struggle to get into the groove, no real breakthroughs, not many convictions, struggling to pray, fast, read the word. This morning I had my first real breakthrough, even this morning I thought it was just a one time thing, but tonight at prayer meeting it was confirmed. I struggle to pray, I've got a hyperactive mind, just wants to go all over when I want it to concentrate on something. During prayer especially, just keeping my eyes from wandering and my mind from drifting takes a lot of willpower. Well this morning, I just got lost in prayer, I didn't have to think about what I was praying, I didn't even really have to put forth an effort, it just...happened. The phrase "let go and let God" comes to mind. Like I said, I just thought welp beginners luck. Well, I went to prayer meeting tonight, and I settled down to pray, I went to the alter and started repenting, and for the first time in like....to be honest probably the first time ever, I felt a true, honest need to pray for people other than myself. Now to me, you go to the alter to repent, then you go back to your seat to pray. But tonight, it just felt like the right place. I started laying my prayers for friends of mine, family of mine, I didn't think one single time about anything for myself. It just completely clicked, the prayer flowed. It came naturally, and it just felt...right. It never felt that way for me before. All prayer. I normally check the clock like every 15 minutes. I didn't think about the clock but one time, on my way to get a drink of water. When I checked the clock, I had ten minutes left to prayer meeting! I'm taking this morning and tonight as a sign, I reached a new level in my prayer life! I claim it in Jesus name!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: The Matt

Thank you for being brave enough to post your spiritual journey, and testimony. It will be a place that you can come back to, and remember, a spiritual pillar in your life. Will continue to hold you up in prayer that God will continue to break any yokes of bondage in your life, and brings to fruit the full measure of His glory revealed in you!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Thank you for being brave enough to post your spiritual journey, and testimony. It will be a place that you can come back to, and remember, a spiritual pillar in your life. Will continue to hold you up in prayer that God will continue to break any yokes of bondage in your life, and brings to fruit the full measure of His glory revealed in you!
You ever get the feeling the last person who said they're going to pray for you know exactly the most perfect thing in the world to pray for you? That is an ongoing thing for me. No testimony though. Strictly spiritual growth, I only put that I came out of misery so I can have something to look back on to remind me. I tend to get comfortable and forget...
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I Am That I Am.

Keep me in your prayers please, I need strength, courage, willpower, self confidence, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding past my own wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Also a friend of mine is battling drug addiction, all she's worried about is getting her son to live with her, but I believe she needs to worry about getting herself clean before she can get her son with her. Pray God's will in that situation.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
I Am That I Am.

Spoke in tongues tonight! So wonderful, there's nothing like voicing what you feel through that sweet, sweet unknown language!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

Amen. So "seek,and you will find" strikes again!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM
I Am That I Am.

I have started to notice that my prayer language, my tongues, is maturing. I'm noticing different phrases, different ways of saying things coming about. This can only mean good!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
I Am That I Am.

Please, if you could spare a bit of time, keep me in your prayers. I'm at a low point.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Will be praying for you, Matt.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Always my friend.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.