Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:30 PM
Banned

Re: Starbucks and White Guilt

News on Starbucks indecent:

https://youtu.be/-YPZ2FhVFGA

Here's the released video of the incident;

https://youtu.be/8p33IWE1OLM
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 PM
Banned

Okay, so a white guy asks two black guys to meet him at Starbucks to discuss some business. While they are waiting on him, they are told to leave because they have yet to purchase any coffee drinks. They refuse to leave, because they are waiting for the man they are supposed to meet and they feel singled out because they're black. The cops are called. They discuss their intentions with the cops. The cops order them to leave. They feel greater discrimination. The cops decide to arrest them. Finally, the white guy their meeting with shows up, and asks what the problem is, and explains that they were meeting him. He goes on to explain that he's met people at this Starbucks all the time, and asks if they all can just leave. For some reason, the officers are still determined to arrest them. So, now three guys go into custody peacefully and the white guy they were meeting follows them to the station, bails them out, and they contact attorneys.

Is that essentially what happened?

Wow. If that's what happened, if you're black, you can't just meet someone at a public place without risking being arrested?

Here's a personal story. It wasn't Starbucks, it was Carribou Coffee at The Green in Kettering, Ohio. I told a couple to meet me there for a Bible study, and lunch and coffee was on me. They arrived on time. I got stuck on the highway. I texted them, and they said they'd wait. I was about 25 minutes late. We ordered coffee and food, then we had our Bible study.

No incident.

At least we know Carribou Coffee is safe. Well, none of us are black. Might not want to risk it if you are.

Isn't America great again?

Last edited by Aquila; 04-26-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Hey, even good people can be very mean towards others sometimes.
So it's okay for you to revile and rail against me, question my mental health and claim I'm possessed. But I dare not question or cast doubt on your outrageous story?

That's called being a hypocrite.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You don't think what was said was a bit vulgar?
What I believe is you're a hypocrite who tries to have things both ways.

You cry and whine about me not believing your outrageous story, but then turn around and revile and rail against me, question my mental health and claim I'm possessed.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
So it's okay for you to revile and rail against me, question my mental health and claim I'm possessed. But I dare not question or cast doubt on your outrageous story?

That's called being a hypocrite.
How is what I posted an "outrageous story"? It was in a Facebook conversation under a political post. There's nothing outrageous about it, that's where one should expect to see people's political opinions and hero worship.

Go back and look at this thread. Who went off topic with a personal jab? From post 9 to 30 you can see how I tried to say on topic. However, any reader will note the jabs and criticisms that began to roll in and carry the conversation away from the topic at hand.

My response to unceasing attack is defense. Don't attack, stalk, or go personal... just stay on topic... and I doubt you'll rarely ever see me purposefully insult you.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
What I believe is you're a hypocrite who tries to have things both ways.
See, I asked a question, and you basically swept it aside and went personal. I'll ask it again...

You don't think what was said was a bit vulgar?

Quote:
You cry and whine about me not believing your outrageous story, but then turn around and revile and rail against me, question my mental health and claim I'm possessed.
I'm not whining or crying. In fact, in almost every instance someone goes personal at me, and when I shoot back... THEY start whining. Again, go back and look at this thread. Look at how between posts 9 and 30 most of the posts directed my way had nothing to do with the topic of the thread... or even the point of what I posted. They were all personal jabs. One by one. But I return a bit and suddenly, you're whining and calling hypocrite? LOL

Bro... maybe in post 10 on this thread you could have stayed on topic. Tell me, why'd you go for the jab? What was it in you that made you feel that you needed to ignore the point of what was written and go personal?

And, what is it that you're hoping to accomplish by going personal? What's the purpose? What's the desired outcome? Why waste the time and ruin what could be good discussions? If you're not even certain why you're racing down this path to make jabs, personal insults, and derogatory remarks, or what you're hoping to accomplish with them... then perhaps this behavior isn't originating from you at all. That's when I often consider other spiritual influences. When you do something nutty, and someone asks, "Why do you do that, what are you wanting to accomplish?", and you are just left wondering, "Why do I do that?" That could be a sign of a bigger issue brewing.

Last edited by Aquila; 04-27-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Okay, so a white guy asks two black guys to meet him at Starbucks to discuss some business. While they are waiting on him, they are told to leave because they have yet to purchase any coffee drinks. They refuse to leave, because they are waiting for the man they are supposed to meet and they feel singled out because they're black. The cops are called. They discuss their intentions with the cops. The cops order them to leave. They feel greater discrimination. The cops decide to arrest them. Finally, the white guy their meeting with shows up, and asks what the problem is, and explains that they were meeting him. He goes on to explain that he's met people at this Starbucks all the time, and asks if they all can just leave. For some reason, the officers are still determined to arrest them. So, now three guys go into custody peacefully and the white guy they were meeting follows them to the station, bails them out, and they contact attorneys.

Is that essentially what happened?

Wow. If that's what happened, if you're black, you can't just meet someone at a public place without risking being arrested?

Here's a personal story. It wasn't Starbucks, it was Carribou Coffee at The Green in Kettering, Ohio. I told a couple to meet me there for a Bible study, and lunch and coffee was on me. They arrived on time. I got stuck on the highway. I texted them, and they said they'd wait. I was about 25 minutes late. We ordered coffee and food, then we had our Bible study.

No incident.

At least we know Carribou Coffee is safe. Well, none of us are black. Might not want to risk it if you are.

Isn't America great again?
Starbucks is not a public place. It is owned by a private company.
As to whether this was racially motivated, only the Starbucks employee who called the police could say.
And I find it ironic that none of the MSM talking heads can find him/her to interview.
So, let's look at it from this perspective:
1. It is fairly normal for a place of business to require someone to make a purchase to be there.
2. Many businesses have signs up indicating that their bathrooms are ONLY for customers.
3. Starbucks employees have a RIGHT to ask anyone to leave, even if they are a paying customer. The property is owned by Starbucks.
4. If you are asked to leave, you have no choice. It is not a public building.
5. When the police are called, they are following the request of the property owner in asking you to leave. They are not there to decide whether there is racist intent. They are there to remove a trespasser (which is what you are if you refuse to leave).

What I am seeing is that anything that a POC does not like, they blame it on racism.
For example the Waffle House case, where the POC was druck and threatening bodily harm to the employees, but now is threatening to sue.
This is an issue left over from the BHO administration.
Let me give you an example that I experienced.
The EEOC prior to BHO would take a complaint and speak with the complaining employee (or ex-employee) and then decide whether there was merit enough to even send it to the company for investigation and response. Thus, not very many complaints maybe about 10% were deemed valid and sent to the company.
The BHO admin started a policy that all complaints were valid and they would send everything to the company for a response.
This of course led to employees believing that the EEOC thought there was something discriminatory about their treatment, thus increasing the racial tension in the workplace and in society.
It also had the effect of increasing the number of complaints and increasing companies cost in defending against these complaints. In the 8 years of the BHO admin, I saw more complaints than in my previous 20 years of dealing with these.
Some of these were so ridiculous as to be laughable.
Two I will share.
An employee lead sent an email asking to be removed from his lead position, because his supervisor had sent him an email telling him that he needed to make sure the employees he was supervising were working and not standing around.
He then filed an EEOC charge stating that he was removed from his position due to discrimination. This went to the second level of EEOC, which was unbelievable.
An employee got mad and walked out. We could not find her and she would not answer her phone. We finally found her on security camera leaving the building. We attempted to contact her many times over the next week by home phone and cell, but she would not answer. Then guess what we received?
An EEOC complaint that she had been discriminated against.
I could give numerous more examples of how the BHO admin "fostered" racial divisions, but I need to get back to work!

Last edited by aegsm76; 05-02-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

I walked into a Chick Fil A during lunch and tried using the restroom before ordering. The restroom was locked and I was told I had to make a purchase in order to get a code for the bathroom on the receipt.

Racists.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Aegsm76, you make some good points.

However, with incorporation comes commitment to abide by civil laws. And there are laws against racial discrimination. Now, any business is indeed legally in the right to ask anyone to leave, especially if they are loitering. But what do you do if you ask a couple customers if they'd like to place an order and they explain that they are waiting on someone? That person might be the one buying their lunch or coffee, or whatever.

I've waited for people in coffee shops, restaurants, and book stores so many times. I've waited up to over an hour before... and nobody has ever approached me or seemed to care one bit. I'm wondering why staff at this Starbucks would make an issue of these men? Perhaps if these specific men had a history of just coming in and hanging out, it would be warranted. But I don't believe that was the case here. The man they were meeting seems to indicate that he's arranged to met other people in that very same Starbucks many times in the past without a problem.

Why do you think the staff at this Starbucks chose to call the police and request that these gentlemen be removed?
Old 05-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
I walked into a Chick Fil A during lunch and tried using the restroom before ordering. The restroom was locked and I was told I had to make a purchase in order to get a code for the bathroom on the receipt.

Racists.
lol

If it's closed to everyone unless they make a purchase, it's definitely not racism. I know a lot of gas stations that have that policy because they don't want the homeless coming in and taking up residence in their bathrooms.

But what if you were a part of a traveling circus, and you watched as they freely gave the keys to the bathroom to your companions, one right after another. But when you stepped up, they denied you the key and told you that you'd have to make a purchase. And the only thing different between you and your companions is... your color.

Now, that would be racist.