Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 AM
Banned

Sarah Huckabee Removed From Restaurant:

I found this interesting. What do you guys think of this?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Was Kicked Out Of A Restaurant Because Of Trump

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was just sitting down to a farm-to-table meal at The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia, Friday evening when, she said, the restaurant’s owner heard she was there ― and asked her to leave.

According to Sanders, who confirmed the story in a tweet after an image from the restaurant began circulating the internet, the restaurant owner objected to her work defending President Donald Trump, who has been under fire for an immigration policy widely decried as unnecessarily cruel.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0040e27434bdc
Are we entering an era wherein businesses can legally refuse service because one's politics is morally offensive?

Is this good for the social fabric of the nation?

What are some pros and cons if this becomes more and more common?

Last edited by Aquila; 06-25-2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Re: Sarah Huckabee Removed From Restaurant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I found this interesting. What do you guys think of this?

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was just sitting down to a farm-to-table meal at The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia, Friday evening when, she said, the restaurant’s owner heard she was there ― and asked her to leave.

According to Sanders, who confirmed the story in a tweet after an image from the restaurant began circulating the internet, the restaurant owner objected to her work defending President Donald Trump, who has been under fire for an immigration policy widely decried as unnecessarily cruel.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0040e27434bdc
Are we entering an era wherein businesses can legally refuse service because one's politics is morally offensive?

Is this good for the social fabric of the nation?

What are some pros and cons if this becomes more and more common?
If it is a privately owned restaurant I guess they can serve or not serve whoever they wish, its their business. We had this "argument" when it was a cake for gays. Now its a meal for republicans. MAGA anyway.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
If it is a privately owned restaurant I guess they can serve or not serve whoever they wish, its their business. We had this "argument" when it was a cake for gays. Now its a meal for republicans. MAGA anyway.
I just thought it was interesting that this isn't about one's "religious" convictions, but rather one's "political" convictions. Freedom of religion is one thing. But is it now open season to freely discriminate on any grounds (race, sexuality, religion, politics, color, gender, age)?

Are we on our way to a society much like that which we saw in America prior to the Civil Rights movement of the 1950's and 1960's?

What would you do if the only 24 hour pharmacy available in town refused to provide services to your wife, who was seeking to fulfill a prescription for your sick child, simply because she was wearing clothing that clearly indicated that she was a Christian and the owner or manager on duty felt it a moral duty to turn her away on account of the Christian position regarding any number of political topics?

Could you, or would you sue?

Last edited by Aquila; 06-25-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

This goes beyond Sarah Huckabee Sanders being asked to leave a restaurant. IMO, the restaurant has the right to do what it did. It was stupid, considering Trump received over 60% of the vote in the area this restaurant was in, but I'd rather people vote with their wallets to put the place out of business instead of having some civil rights clown committee do it.

This is the problem: your fellow radical liberals are now actively inciting confrontation, which will undoubtedly end in violence as with Scalise.

At an event Saturday in LA, the wacko Maxine Waters incited her supporters:

"If you see anybody from that cabinet in a rest, in a dept, at a gas, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."

Later on MSNBC, she continued her push for confrontation:

"They’re not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they’re not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store,” Waters said. “The people are going to turn on them, they’re going to protest, they’re going to absolutely harass them."

This was after DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was confronted by an angry mob while trying to eat at a restaurant last Tuesday, and even had protesters camp outside her home Friday.

One of Trump's Sr. Advisors, Stephen Miller, was also confronted and harassed at a restaurant.

And this past weekend, Florida's AG, Pam Bondi, was harassed as she waited to buy tickets at a theater to watch a movie, and then again as she left the theater.

This is more than a restaurant exercising its right to serve or not serve. This is a strategy by the radical left to urge confrontation against any conservative, but especially those who are Trump supporters or members of the Trump administration.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Not riding the train

You are right, David. The hypocritical Left wants us to "bake the cake" while they take up arms, taunt, throw people out of establishments, etc. Hardly any of the Commentators on the Right make this point.

This hate will only grow. In the meanwhile, the world will see what the true church looks like (others being weeded out) when push comes to shove. The true church knows how to pray and when we pray, we get results. The world cannot stand against the anointing of God.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
This goes beyond Sarah Huckabee Sanders being asked to leave a restaurant. IMO, the restaurant has the right to do what it did. It was stupid, considering Trump received over 60% of the vote in the area this restaurant was in, but I'd rather people vote with their wallets to put the place out of business instead of having some civil rights clown committee do it.

This is the problem: your fellow radical liberals are now actively inciting confrontation, which will undoubtedly end in violence as with Scalise.

At an event Saturday in LA, the wacko Maxine Waters incited her supporters:

"If you see anybody from that cabinet in a rest, in a dept, at a gas, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere."

Later on MSNBC, she continued her push for confrontation:

"They’re not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they’re not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store,” Waters said. “The people are going to turn on them, they’re going to protest, they’re going to absolutely harass them."

This was after DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was confronted by an angry mob while trying to eat at a restaurant last Tuesday, and even had protesters camp outside her home Friday.

One of Trump's Sr. Advisors, Stephen Miller, was also confronted and harassed at a restaurant.

And this past weekend, Florida's AG, Pam Bondi, was harassed as she waited to buy tickets at a theater to watch a movie, and then again as she left the theater.

This is more than a restaurant exercising its right to serve or not serve. This is a strategy by the radical left to urge confrontation against any conservative, but especially those who are Trump supporters or members of the Trump administration.
I can't deny much of what you're saying. I think that violence, right or left, doesn't represent the intentions of three majority on either side.

I tend to agree, the business seems to have the right to deny services to anyone it chooses based on how the SCOTUS has ruled.

My question though is, are we returning to the day when even blacks and Jews might be denied services without fear of legal sanction?

I think Trump is so unpopular, their business will actually increase out of the sheer novelty of going to where he and his cohorts aren't welcome.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You are right, David. The hypocritical Left wants us to "bake the cake" while they take up arms, taunt, throw people out of establishments, etc. Hardly any of the Commentators on the Right make this point.

This hate will only grow. In the meanwhile, the world will see what the true church looks like (others being weeded out) when push comes to shove. The true church knows how to pray and when we pray, we get results. The world cannot stand against the anointing of God.
I see it as the liberals and moderates simply saying, "Okay, you win. Good luck getting us to serve you." Lol

It's kinda like giving the right a dose of their own medicine.

One should note, I predicted that should it become legal to discriminate against gays, it would open the flood gates of reverse discrimination against conservatives and eventually Christians.

I guess we'll just have to live with it and vote with our wallets.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I tend to agree, the business seems to have the right to deny services to anyone it chooses based on how the SCOTUS has ruled.
SCOTUS did not rule that it was okay to deny services. Read the ruling. They did not take up the question nor did they rule on whether businesses owned by Christians have the right to exercise their freedom of religious expression.

What the SCOTUS ruled is that the CO clown show they call the civil rights commission was overtly and completely biased against the owner's religion and therefore the ruling the commission made was also biased and tainted. SCOTUS simply ruled against the commission.

Also, if you own a restaurant in DC, Seattle and one or two other cities, there are specific laws against discrimination based on political affiliation. So if any restaurant in DC believes it's cool to jump on the wacko wagon and kick Trump supporters and officials out, they'll be facing whatever fines or penalties have been established.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

What's happening to Trump supporters and members of the Trump administration is just the beginning. Aquila posted his desire that churches soon become ground zero for protests, and I don't believe we're too far off from seeing it happen. The wacko left are so enraged that no one is immune from their hate.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

To be honest, I would rather these restaurants do what the Red Hen did for a couple reasons.

First, it will help me to know where not to go and spend my money. Second, I'd rather be kicked out than have my food poisoned.

Last edited by n david; 06-25-2018 at 12:31 PM.