Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing

Link to Live Stream on NPR
Old 09-04-2018, 12:40 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing

Sen. Hatch had to deal with a loudmouthed idiot screaming over the top of his opening remarks. Why the police didn't remove that heckler is beyond me. There's a time and place for having your voice heard, and shouting over the top of someone is neither.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/583063498...#sp=show-clips
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Not riding the train

The Dems are so annoying.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

I was watching on FNC, but they kept interrupting to run commercials. It was annoying. They cut off most of Cruz's opening remarks for a commercial.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Fred Guttenberg, father of a Parkland High School victim, ambushed Kavanaugh when the committee broke for lunch. Now the narrative being spun by Fred and the media is that Kavanaugh gave him a dirty look after Fred introduced himself and refused to shake Fred's hand.

Ridiculous. First, no member of public should be able to get that close to the nominee during the hearings. Not with the radical left-wing wackos out there. Second, Kavanaugh was already walking away when Fred reached out and tried grabbing at his arm. I'd have the same reaction as Brett. "Who are you?" Then to be ambushed by a publicity seeking, politically motivated person, Brett made the right decision to walk away.

If Fred really wants to talk to Brett, he should call his office and set up an appointment.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

I heard that the Administration dumped a 40,000 page document on Kavanaugh's history and qualifications... just last night. One on the panel stated that this has been of great disservice to Kavanaugh, leaving him only 10% vetted. Another stated that with the information they have, they wouldn't even hire him as an intern.

I see no glaring reason why he shouldn't be approved. I'm just wondering why did the Administration nominating Kavanaugh hurt the very process to get Kavanaugh seated?

Last edited by Aquila; 09-04-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I heard that the Administration dumped a 40,000 page document on Kavanaugh's history and qualifications... just last night. One on the panel stated that this has been of great disservice to Kavanaugh, leaving him only 10% vetted. Another stated that with the information they have, they wouldn't even hire him as an intern.

I see no glaring reason why he shouldn't be approved. I'm just wondering why did the Administration nominating Kavanaugh hurt the very process to get Kavanaugh seated?
It wasn't the administration, it was the nominee who released more documents. The administration and nominee had already released 150,000 pages of Kavanaugh's history.

Much of the Dems protest is just that, protest and performance. So when one of them claims they wouldn't hire Kavanaugh as an intern, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

They've had plenty of time and more than enough documents to vet this nominee. In fact, there have been more documents of Kavanaugh released than any of the previous SCOTUS nominees.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It wasn't the administration, it was the nominee who released more documents. The administration and nominee had already released 150,000 pages of Kavanaugh's history.

Much of the Dems protest is just that, protest and performance. So when one of them claims they wouldn't hire Kavanaugh as an intern, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

They've had plenty of time and more than enough documents to vet this nominee. In fact, there have been more documents of Kavanaugh released than any of the previous SCOTUS nominees.
I hate dirty politics.

I guess this is just how the game is played.

Anyway, while I may not agree with him on everything, I don't see a glaring reason not to confirm him.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I was watching on FNC, but they kept interrupting to run commercials. It was annoying. They cut off most of Cruz's opening remarks for a commercial.
I always watch on C-Span.