Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 11-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

New here, with a question.

Hello-
I am new to this forum and thought I would ask a question.
I was raised apostolic in the AMF (AFC) and am married to someone who was raised Southern Baptist. We have recently been attending a UPC church, but we are finding it to be a difficult fit. My spouse has been baptized in Jesus Name and received the Holy Ghost, but does not believe many of the holiness standards are scriptural. Because we do not comply with the preached holiness standards, we feel like "perpetual visitors" that do not fit. For me, attending a trinitarian church is not an option. For my spouse, living an apostolic lifestyle is not an option. Are there more progressive churches that are still oneness? Can anyone refer me to a church that might fit our family? We live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Re: New here, with a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking View Post
Hello-
I am new to this forum and thought I would ask a question.
I was raised apostolic in the AMF (AFC) and am married to someone who was raised Southern Baptist. We have recently been attending a UPC church, but we are finding it to be a difficult fit. My spouse has been baptized in Jesus Name and received the Holy Ghost, but does not believe many of the holiness standards are scriptural. Because we do not comply with the preached holiness standards, we feel like "perpetual visitors" that do not fit. For me, attending a trinitarian church is not an option. For my spouse, living an apostolic lifestyle is not an option. Are there more progressive churches that are still oneness? Can anyone refer me to a church that might fit our family? We live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Thank you in advance.

Hopefully someone here can help you. You are not alone...

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 11-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Hopefully someone here can help you. You are not alone...
Thank you, I certainly hope so. We have almost stopped attending church all together. I don't want to fall out of church, I just want a workable solution. Prior to our attending a UPC church, my spouse was much more open to participating in church (it was non denominational). I just don't feel very comfortable in a trinitarian church. I don't think it would confuse me, but it would confuse our child. I just feel like we have hit a brick wall. I sincerely need some suggestions.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:36 AM
of 9!! :)

Hello and Welcome!
I hope y'all find what you need.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
Hello and Welcome!
I hope y'all find what you need.
Thank you
Old 11-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

If you go to a trinitarian (Spirit filled) church, it would be better than not going at all. Some food is better than no food. Most trinitarian do not preach on their beliefs and the Godhead or water baptism and MOST do not preach on Standards. This is probably contrary to what most would say on here but I would rather you be in some church that is close to what you believe than not going at all.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking View Post
Thank you, I certainly hope so. We have almost stopped attending church all together. I don't want to fall out of church, I just want a workable solution. Prior to our attending a UPC church, my spouse was much more open to participating in church (it was non denominational). I just don't feel very comfortable in a trinitarian church. I don't think it would confuse me, but it would confuse our child. I just feel like we have hit a brick wall. I sincerely need some suggestions.
If I may ask do you feel like you are being shunned there?

Go here on tithing----->

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 11-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
If you go to a trinitarian (Spirit filled) church, it would be better than not going at all. Some food is better than no food. Most trinitarian do not preach on their beliefs and the Godhead or water baptism and MOST do not preach on Standards. This is probably contrary to what most would say on here but I would rather you be in some church that is close to what you believe than not going at all.
Many trinitarians actually believe in one God. I agree with your post.

Go here on tithing----->

Old 11-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
I have thought that perhaps with intensive clarification for our child, that may work.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
If I may ask do you feel like you are being shunned there?
No. Everyone is polite. You just feel like an outsider all the time. At first people seem to be very warm and hopeful you will "develop as a new convert". Over time they seem polite but a little uncomfortable. It almost seems awkward to them as well. If that makes sense.