Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Seeking advice, comprehensive exam M.A. program

I am in search of advice from anyone who has taken an essay form, comprehensive exam in a Master's program. The exam I will be taking lasts 5 hours and will have one question each from the following subjects: Historiography, Religion in America, Medieval Period, and the American West. The questions could ask for a general overview of the topic or could zero in on one small, seemingly obscure aspect of the field. For instance, instead of asking for an overview of the three eras of the Medieval period, I could be asked to write about one particular Pope. So, if I happen to be lacking in knowledge about that one Pope, I am toast. Five hours gives me roughly 75 minutes per question.

Has anyone ever taken a similar exam? Any advice?
Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Seeking advice, comprehensive exam M.A. progra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I am in search of advice from anyone who has taken an essay form, comprehensive exam in a Master's program. The exam I will be taking lasts 5 hours and will have one question each from the following subjects: Historiography, Religion in America, Medieval Period, and the American West. The questions could ask for a general overview of the topic or could zero in on one small, seemingly obscure aspect of the field. For instance, instead of asking for an overview of the three eras of the Medieval period, I could be asked to write about one particular Pope. So, if I happen to be lacking in knowledge about that one Pope, I am toast. Five hours gives me roughly 75 minutes per question.

Has anyone ever taken a similar exam? Any advice?
Study hard!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf