Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
amusements parks, braceletes, conservative, earrings, facial hair, hell, necklaces, pro-tv, short hair, standards, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, watch, wedding rings

Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Where are the ultra libs?

I searched the term ultra liberal here on AFF. Result: 1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

In an arena that we seem to find a need to place Oneness Apostolics into their own political niche, I find it interesting that we have placed and emphasis on the conservative views, even to calling some ultra cons, but yet I never hear the description ultra liberal.

As for me, I tend to find myself somewhat conservative, but I certainly don't line up with the ultra conservative. I believe in modest dress, but wear short sleeves. My wife and daughter wear dresses/skirts, but a skirt with a slit is not out of the question. My wife and I both wear our wedding rings and watches, but we do not wear earrings, necklaces, or bracelets. I wear my hair short, my wife and daughter have uncut hair. I don't have facial hair, but I don't see anything against it. After all that, we do go to amusement parks (a recent topic) and I am pro-TV. Many of the ultra conservatives would say I am splitting hell wide open with my compromises while the liberal might say that I am placing too much emphasis on standards. This thread is NOT about that debate. We know that has been done.

Here are some questions assuming we are on the same page in regards to oneness, Jesus Name baptism, and the infilling of the HG with evidence of speaking in tongues:

1. Is the term ultra liberal off limits because of its negative connotations in secular society as it relates to Apostolics and politics? If so, why do we find ourselves attacking the ultra con more consistently? If not, why are we not proclaiming those with a farther left stance than most ultra liberals?

2. Does the person outside Pentecostalism look at all of us as conservative?

3. In our Apostolic circles, is there a need for the word liberal? Are there some who are more liberal in their conservative views? More conservative in their liberal views? (My mind goes to the word oxymoron here)

4. Is it just and reasonable to have the term ultra conservative without having its opposite, ultra liberal.

These are just some things that popped into my mind when I noticed never seeing the term and do not declare to have all the answers. I hope to hear some opinions on this without actually getting into debating the actual stances if that is possible.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Pot Stirrer

TP,

believe me there are a multitude of ultra libs on here.
we even have a few universalist- they believe that everyone is going to haven no matter what - even hilter
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
TP,

we even have a few universalist- they believe that everyone is going to haven no matter what - even hilter
Yea well.. hate to tell em but well... we wont go there.. they are sadly mistaken though!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Pot Stirrer

TP who do you consider an ultra lib on the forum?

name a few names??

how about you AG ?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Live! Via Satellite

I think we are missing the point here. We can all have our opinion on who we think are ultra this or that. Posting names about who is what will just incite defenses of peoples stances. But my point here is that ultra liberal is never used.

The questions is why?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
TP who do you consider an ultra lib on the forum?

name a few names??

how about you AG ?
Well unlike those who consider CC1 and PM to be totally out of it.. I just consider them ULib.. Hmmm cant think of any others right now really
Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I think we are missing the point here. We can all have our opinion on who we think are ultra this or that. Posting names about who is what will just incite defenses of peoples stances. But my point here is that ultra liberal is never used.

The questions is why?

Is that such a bad thing??? someone needs to teach you some lessons in starting a thread young man

the libs get called all kinds of names just not that particular one.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Live! Via Satellite

Quote:
Is that such a bad thing??? someone needs to teach you some lessons in starting a thread young man

the libs get called all kinds of names just not that particular one.
Yea, I hear I can learn from a few inciting pros on here lol
Old 01-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
Yea, I hear I can learn from a few inciting pros on here lol
We wouldnt have a clue who you are speaking of!!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
TP,

uh... do you think hitler is more deserving of hell than Saul/Paul or Steve Hoover??

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves