Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Re: what i'm up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I have been putting air in tires every othe day. Went to discount tire this morning. One of the tires had a tear that was irreparable. They replaced the tire at no cost because I purchased insurance when I had tires replaced in 2016. I only had to pay for insurance on the new tire.

When I need to replace the other 3 tires in a few months- that’s not covered by warranty, is it?
Discount Tire is awesome. I have been buying my tires there for more than 20 years. So far every location I have used has been awesome. Awhile back I had a flat driving to Florida just before we got to Orlando. It was a slow leak so I aired it up and made it to the hotel. Next morning had to air it up again to get me to the nearest Discount Tire about 10 minutes away. They fixed the flat for free of course. Where most places would have made a hard upsell to new tires they asked me how far I was driving. I told them back to Nashville and the guy told me I would be fine but to just be aware that my tread life was toward the end and while still safe would not handle rain and pooled water as well. He could have lied and tried to scare me into buying new tires from him since he knew I did not live there and he had one shot at getting my money but he didn't.

Oh, and the tire they fixed free wasn't even bought from them as it was the tires that came on my wife's car from the factory.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Yeah, they are good. Always provides excellent customer service.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:10 PM

I went with the iPhone SE. Its small like the older models. I didn’t like that they made the bigger flat phones. I did adjust. Now I can have a small phone again- will have to adjust. Lol.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:52 AM

I was praying outside by a parked vehicle. Strange, right? I walked across the street as I saw two young women walking on the side walk toward my direction. I was in front of them, walking slowly so they can catch up. For some reason I began to speak in tongues.

One of they young women caught up to me and very politely she asked, "Sir, Do you speak Mandarin?"

"No." I answered. "Do you speak Mandarin?"

She answered in the affirmative, "Yes, you were praising God in Mandarin."

I said, "what, really? I don't speak Mandarin"

The young woman proceeded, "You were praising God in Mandarin. Do you
believe in speaking in tongues?"

"Yes, that is what I was doing." I answered.

THEN I WOKE UP
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I was praying outside by a parked vehicle. Strange, right? I walked across the street as I saw two young women walking on the side walk toward my direction. I was in front of them, walking slowly so they can catch up. For some reason I began to speak in tongues.

One of they young women caught up to me and very politely she asked, "Sir, Do you speak Mandarin?"

"No." I answered. "Do you speak Mandarin?"

She answered in the affirmative, "Yes, you were praising God in Mandarin."

I said, "what, really? I don't speak Mandarin"

The young woman proceeded, "You were praising God in Mandarin. Do you
believe in speaking in tongues?"

"Yes, that is what I was doing." I answered.

THEN I WOKE UP
called to be a missionary?
Old 05-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
called to be a missionary?
The sub conscious and dreams... lol. I found my passport yesterday that has a India visa... and I was thinking about my next trip to Houston for a baptism service. and the news cycles about nkorea, skorea, china, etc.

if I was going to be a missionary China would be nowhere on my radar. Brazil used to be on my heart. I never learned Portuguese... anyway...
Old 05-08-2018, 05:08 PM

Voicemails just came in from broken phone. On the 27th a woman left a message about a strike security job. I contacted them almost a year ago. Lol. Will look into it tomorrow.

Had to renew drivers license before I could change vehicle registration. They made me take a new pic. I was unprepared. Hat hair. Sweaty. Unkempt beard. Best pic of any dL pic ever!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:12 PM

Update

Yesterday I was not able to renew vehicle registration because I had Houston address on record. I had to go to the DPS and get a new drivers license. The woman made me take a new pic.

Agh... I already posted about that. Ok. I got my vehicle registration renewed today. I submitted it to Uber but was not able to drive. So I had to make the call to China... not India this time. Lol. Got that taken care of. I made 2 decent trips today. Transferred $ to checking. Overdrawn account ate up most of it. Transferred remaining $20 toward car note. Balance literally did not change. LOL.

I need to call tomorrow to make some kind of arrangement. Thinking of driving to Houston tomorrow to make some $ this weekend.

Thanks for all the prayers. Today I feel like some of the pressure has lifted.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Re: Update

Quote:
Yesterday I was not able to renew vehicle registration because I had Houston address on record. I had to go to the DPS and get a new drivers license. The woman made me take a new pic.

Agh... I already posted about that. Ok. I got my vehicle registration renewed today. I submitted it to Uber but was not able to drive. So I had to make the call to China... not India this time. Lol. Got that taken care of. I made 2 decent trips today. Transferred $ to checking. Overdrawn account ate up most of it. Transferred remaining $20 toward car note. Balance literally did not change. LOL.

I need to call tomorrow to make some kind of arrangement. Thinking of driving to Houston tomorrow to make some $ this weekend.

Thanks for all the prayers. Today I feel like some of the pressure has lifted.
If you keep doing your best and make the right decisions and choices I am confident the Lord will help you work your way out of this situation.

Many years ago I was a young man with a wife and three young children and in a terrible financial situation. God didn't deliver me from it immediately but helped me work my way through it over a period of time. At the beginning of that process he gave me three supernatural miracles meeting my needs that increased my faith that God was going to be with me through it all.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
If you keep doing your best and make the right decisions and choices I am confident the Lord will help you work your way out of this situation.

Many years ago I was a young man with a wife and three young children and in a terrible financial situation. God didn't deliver me from it immediately but helped me work my way through it over a period of time. At the beginning of that process he gave me three supernatural miracles meeting my needs that increased my faith that God was going to be with me through it all.
Yeah. Today as I was driving back home I was thinking that I really need to make better financial decisions. All the men in the family have the same problem. Put money in our hands and it catches on fire. Grandfather died with nothing.