Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Moving To NC

Dude you don't know me and I don't have to justify myself or my actions to you one bit. If you have a "Word" then speak it as such but keep your fear mongering and character assassination off my post.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:06 PM
Saved & Shaved

Gah. It’s like the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
So defensive...

Do you trust God?
Did God give you a Pastor?
Why not trust God to speak to your Pastor words of ADVICE-- or even something more concrete if He has a word from God?

Are you afraid that you will find that your idea is not exactly God's idea for you at this moment?

Do you trust God?
Do you trust His Way?

Do you even believe in having a Pastor?
Look OL Buck you are asking questions I bet you would not want asked of you. Never mind just never mind...…………...
Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
Gah. It’s like the Spanish Inquisition.

https://giphy.com/gifs/nobody-inquis...-xuXc3kD8AeVaw
Old 07-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Banned

Seriously guys, I do not understand how it is even a question that we should speak with our Pastor or someone that we are spiritually accounable to when it comes to major decisions.

I assure you that this is not a concept that is foreign to the Bible or Christianity.

I was sarcastic and rude with my question about beliebing in having a Pastor. I typed that with the wrong spirit. I was wrong and I apologize. Will you please forgive me?

Notwithstanding, I am thoroughly convinced that the question is valid. It is pertinent to the discussion at hand. If we believe in the BIBLICAL concept of Spiritual Authority, then what is the role of the Pastor in our lives? Is there not value in having a person we can confide in, pray about stuff, a person that helps us sharpen our iron, a mentor?

Isn't there any caution here against being self-willed? Doesn't God have a way of doing things?

Last edited by BuckeyeBukaroo; 07-23-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Dude you don't know me and I don't have to justify myself or my actions to you one bit. If you have a "Word" then speak it as such but keep your fear mongering and character assassination off my post.
I have not assassinated your character.

You have become incredibly defensive about a subject that you opened for discussion on what is supposed to be an APOSTOLIC forum.

As Apostolics, as CHRISTIANS, the ideas of Spiritual Authority, of doing things within the order of God, of being cautious and maybe even waiting on God to confirm the word you think He gave you-- none of these things should be offensive to us.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Banned

Jedi will,

only you can answer this. We are both using pseudonyms so I feel safe in asking you this publically. Besides, someone might come after us and see this discussion.

Have you been successful at anything that you have pursued in life? Have you found that you are constantly in a place of poverty and unproductivity? How about your decisions-- have they ever brought you to a place of lasting fruitfulness? A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck, but there are some people, even Christians, who are living at a place that is even more precarious than paycheck to paycheck.

Are you REIGNING with Christ? Are you living an abundant life? This is not "prosperity gospel", this is solid scripture. Since coming to Christ, have you ever been in a place of abundance? Only you know the answers to these personal questions.

If we were in a place of constant persecution, like the New Testament church, then there would be justification for being in constant struggle and survival mode.

But we are in America and not experiencing New Testament persecution.

I ask these things, not to accuse-- but when we are self-willed and when we refuse to be in a place oF submission, then God, the loving Father that He is, will keep stinging you and stinging me until we come to a place where we are not self-willed.

God does not make bad investments. If WE are saved, He will break us until we are not self-willed. I know what I have seen in my life and in the lives of others.

There are things that we are pleading the Blood oF Jesus for when it is God who is actually holding these things from us, until He is formed in us... again.

The fact that you became so defensive from the outset should make you pause. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Christian telling another Christian what I have said and asking you what I have asked (other than the one question where I confessed that I asked it with the wrong spirit).

Last edited by BuckeyeBukaroo; 07-23-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:26 PM
Banned

Is this Apostolic Friends Forum or is this just another social media cesspool?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Paul had a "thorn in his side", guess bucky wants to be the same to Jediwill

I moved to NC 4 years ago from Michigan, I dont recall asking either of the two guys I call pastor. I did notify them because I was in the music ministry.

While I may consider a pastors advise, he may also be with freindly retort, ignored. Unless someone ran to Jediwill saying I prophetically pronounce Judgement on this move, he does not have to ask permission like he is a 10 year old wanting to buy a hotwheels car.

Some of yall scare me with the pastor pedestaling you do.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
Paul had a "thorn in his side", guess bucky wants to be the same to Jediwill

I moved to NC 4 years ago from Michigan, I dont recall asking either of the two guys I call pastor. I did notify them because I was in the music ministry.

While I may consider a pastors advise, he may also be with freindly retort, ignored. Unless someone ran to Jediwill saying I prophetically pronounce Judgement on this move, he does not have to ask permission like he is a 10 year old wanting to buy a hotwheels car.

Some of yall scare me with the pastor pedestaling you do.
My Uncle (my dads brother) pastored a nice church near Dequincy,LA for years he is now retired. I remember having a conversation along the lines of this subject. He would not council people on matters such as jobs, moving, purchases, investments, marriage etc. His would simply tell them to hit THIER knees and pray.