Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Concealed Carry in Church

Does anyone here carry to services? What are your thoughts on it? If someone barged into Church with weapons raised, would you fire back to protect yourself, the congregants, or your children?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Concealed Carry in Church

My Sister has a concealed carry license, she carries wherever it is legal to do so, and would fire without hesitation.

I have a Glock, but don't have a concealed carry license as of yet.

I would certainly fire back to protect the congregation, particularly our Pastor as he is exceptionally awesome.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Does anyone here carry to services? What are your thoughts on it? If someone barged into Church with weapons raised, would you fire back to protect yourself, the congregants, or your children?
I know we have several men who have a concealed carry license, and who carry to church. I believe we even have a few church ladies that carry.

I have spoken to Pastor about it, and he encourages those that can legally do so, to carry. Sadly, that's the world we live in today.

I wonder if more churches had spiritual authority and dominion, would weapons in the sanctuary be necessary?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
What a question. It has many implications. I'll share my initial thoughts...

I think this would be a deeply personal choice for every individual to decide for themselves. Out of Christian conviction, many have chosen not to own a firearm. However, I think most, if not all, would thank the Lord God above if someone who carried saved them or their family by killing a gunman in the church. Some might say that it would be a "sin". But it can be argued that doing nothing when armed and able might be a "sin" too. Praise God blowing away an armed gunman wouldn't be the unforgiveable sin. But not acting and just watching someone blow away your brothers and sisters in Christ, when you could have saved them, how could you forgive yourself?

I think the greater sin would be to do nothing.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingDominion View Post
I know we have several men who have a concealed carry license, and who carry to church. I believe we even have a few church ladies that carry.

I have spoken to Pastor about it, and he encourages those that can legally do so, to carry. Sadly, that's the world we live in today.

I wonder if more churches had spiritual authority and dominion, would weapons in the sanctuary be necessary?
What do you mean by this?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

We have several bodyguards/security officers positioned on our campus (including the main sanctuary) during Sunday services.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Jesus and the Apostles has body guards
Old 10-11-2017, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Jesus and the Apostles has body guards
You know, for those who might doubt your statement, you very well might be right.

I was told that at least two disciples carried swords.
Luke 22:38 (ESV)
And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”
Perhaps two disciples served as the "body guards" of Jesus. We see Peter being willing pull a sword and act like a body guard when Jesus was arrested. Either Peter was carrying a third sword... or he was carrying one of the two swords previously presented.

Last edited by Aquila; 10-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

The right to bear arms is the right to bear arms. I think guns should be considered "out of place" inside a church, but apparently now in America, guns in church might be a necessary precaution.

However, Jesus did tell Peter to put away his sword.