Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Registered Member

Ever seen a miracle?

Has anyone here ever seen or experienced a miracle that you know only God could have performed?

Such as blind eyes healed, deaf ears unstopped, the lame walking, the dead brought to life, etc.?

Or if not something that is a "miracle", something awesome that God did that really stands out in your life?

I'm looking forward to reading the responses.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Ever seen a miracle?

No. And yes.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
No. And yes.
Ditto.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

I have a journal where I have recorded various experiences that I consider to be from God. I consider them to be signs or wonders. There are around 90 of them. Most are prophetic in nature.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

It was 1974. Six weeks earlier I had repented of my sins. I turned away from the evil life I had been living and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. On April 3 of 1974 I was at work on a break meditating on the Lord.

It seemed as if I kind of dozed off for a second and then I was awakened by the sound of someone speaking in another language. It was short but powerful. At the end of it came the English word "blood".

I was then in wonder as I realized this had come forth from me. As I was thinking what this could be the boss came up to me and said he was sending everyone home. A tornado warning was out.

I went on home still wondering about this experience and concerned about the tornado warning. Soon after the report came that a tornado had struck Xenia Ohio a town about 12 miles south of us. Over 30 people had been killed with many more injured and many homes destroyed.

Now the thing with the language was fully unexpected. I had never been in a Pentecostal Church in my life. I had not one friend who was a Pentecostal Christian matter of fact I was still so new in Christianity I had not yet attended a Church. I did not have a Christian friend period.

I connected this experience with the devastating tornado. God had shown me there would be bloodshed that day. This was my first experience with tongues and prophecy. I had not sought it. It just happened.

This really built my faith as I was to learn in time that all the manifestations of the Spirit are to do.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 AM
proudfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirth1981 View Post
Has anyone here ever seen or experienced a miracle that you know only God could have performed?

Such as blind eyes healed, deaf ears unstopped, the lame walking, the dead brought to life, etc.?

Or if not something that is a "miracle", something awesome that God did that really stands out in your life?

Yes. While working at the church, a man stepped on a nail. His foot was in a cast and he couldn't put any weight on it. One night, my grandfather called him forward and prayed for him. The man began to stomp his foot on the ground and then ran around the church. His wife took the cast off of his foot, and it was fine from that moment on. That's just one among many. Oh, and there were many eye witnesses there.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirth1981 View Post

Yes! In the late fifties at Santa Barbara Calif.(a Jesus name oneness church) a woman whose body was twisted (arms & legs) so bad she could not feed her self or walk on her own was instantly healed. Leg and arms began to straighten before every ones eyes. She ran to the front and sat down at the piano and began to play. In the same service a woman with a tumor as big as a basket ball was healed. The tumor was on her right side. Her dresses had to be special made because of this tumor. God healed her on the spot.
My back was broken and I was paralyzed from the waist down in the early sixties God healed me one Sunday night.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

If we stop and think, we've all seen miracles
and
we all are miracles.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
No. And yes.
Thanks for being so specific.

I can't say that I have seen any amazing miracles since I've been a Christian, but every day I've seen God answer my prayers and show me how faithful He is in the day to day areas of my life.