Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Banned

Re: Bringing Protest & Disruption To Church:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Are you saying you believe God's plan is for the world to become like Sodom by the time He returns? We are to let the world go to hades because God wills that in order for Christ to return?

My LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, when I was discussing health insurance with a man several years ago (2005), he was boasting that it doesn't matter because Jesus is going to return. Well, now it is 2017 and the man has some serious health issues and is terrified he'll lose his coverage! LOL!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I think an issue needs to be dealt with that Light raises. In all due respect, when a view of eschatology affects us to the extent that we think the world needs to become like Sodom because that's when Jesus allegedly comes, in turn it affects our activity. We ALLOW or LET things get bad because we somehow think God WANTS it to be bad. I know how the reasoning works since I used to think that way, too.

Never does the bible teach us to LET things get evil and ALLOW the earth to go like Sodom. It says WE ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH. We are meant to AFFECT the world, not stand back and let it go to pot.

This is where things become more serious than a disagreement of eschatology. Our WORLDVIEW formed by our eschatology is a more serious issue. And I think it betrays whether or not our eschatology is bad, not just incorrect.

The early church set out the BETTER the world. Synagogues began to have members who believed. Paul used his Roman citizenship to avoid prison so he could keep preaching.

Daniel was raised in BABYLON, of all places, and influenced the KINGDOM! We all know what influence Joseph had in Egypt. GOD put these men in these positions.

I do not see one iota of an example of believers letting the world go to pot and not doing things that raised their surroundings out of the hell they were. Philip saw Samaria burn their books of witchcraft!

Revivals in recent years saw towns clean up. Back in little Canadian fishing villages, a revival would get people delivered from nicotine and the tobacco would dry up on the shelves of the stores. Little towns in the woods heard wood workers talking in tongues during their breaks.

We had the mayor in our new church sanctuary grand opening, and he spoke for a moment and verbally broke because he could feel the Lord there, and immediately wrote me after service by email and said he could feel the Spirit after having heard me talk about that in the meeting.

This affects society to the good.

Some denominations got the idea though if they had the Spirit they could do so much more. But building hospitals, schools and seniors housing is like the early church gaining favour with the communities.

Acts 6:7 KJV And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Acts 19:20 KJV So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

I see NOTHING in scripture that says the world goes to a devil's hell before Jesus comes.

I see "greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world."

And if you were the devil, and you knew the church had more power in its little finger than all of your hell put together, wouldn't you want the church to believe, and try to get them to believe, the devil has to take over and the world has to get worse before it gets better, so that the church lets go of any influence it can have in stopping evil and overcoming it?

I see VICTORY.

Daniel 11:32 KJV And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Yes, there are martyrs and imprisoned believers, but there are also overcomers and conquerors... more than conquerors.

Daniel 11:33 KJV And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
Daniel 11:34 KJV Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

I do not even believe this is future like many do, bu the principle applies to any time.
Where are we called to subject sinners to our morality? Aren't we called to preserve the church, as pilgrims in a strange land?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It's not just a view of eschatology. It's at the heart of "what is the Gospel"?

The Gospel of the KINGDOM. We have a King. We are members of His Kingdom. We ought to act like it.
The Kingdom is within, not without.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
Our media and government is controlled by Zionist to destroy the church and way of life. These Talmudic Judiacs killed millions of Christians in the Bolshevik movement and they are planning to do the same in America. Your little Emoji reveals your blindness. Typical tactic of discounting those who are awake.
You know that is the common accusation of those who embrace Anti-Semitism, don't you?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Of course not, because the MK Zionist, Talmudic, Judiac, Illuminati secret one world government goons won't permit it.

Awake....riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Now, if you want to talk about manipulation by the media, that's a different story. Mind control? That's tin-foil hat land.
Just because you are unlearned in regards to the Jesuit CIA, doesn't mean that others are not. Why do you think that Holy Ghost filled Apostolic ministers have been warning of TV and Hollywood to their congregations? Because God knew long time back why it is called TV (programming). Your shill debasement techniques are boring.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

Ummm.... can you guys believe this mind-set has crawled out here?

Wow. Would you guys say that the rise of Anti-Semitism is, "Making America Great Again"?

This is what I'm talking about. This ultra-right wing, fascist, message is being preached in churches, embraced by the fringes, and is being pumped into the mainstream by right wing media and fake news sites.

It's time to confront the pastors and churches with:
1.) Audio and video recordings.
2.) Protests
3.) Shout Downs
4.) Blocking of Access
Communities need to know what churches are preaching hate and fascism. Pastors need to be held accountable for their words.

If a pastor doesn't preach hate or fascism.... he's not a problem. But if he is.... make it be revealed from sea to shining sea.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-27-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Banned

Pretty soon the left will be far more pro-Israel than the right. LOL
Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You know that is the common accusation of those who embrace Anti-Semitism, don't you?
I am Anti-EdomiteSemite. Typical Jesuit Zionist claim and very unoriginal. I guess by your standards Jesus was a anti-Semite.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,( which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledOut238 View Post
I am Anti-EdomiteSemite. Typical Jesuit Zionist claim and very unoriginal. I guess by your standards Jesus was a anti-Semite.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,( which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
It doesn't have to be original to be true. You're believing right-wing conspiracy rubbish and blending it with your faith. You honestly don't see the dangers in doing so?

Last edited by Aquila; 02-27-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Those on the left have been critical of Israel. Especially some of her tactics with regards to Palestinian civilians. That doesn't mean that the left hates Israel or that we are not willing to defend her from her enemies. In fact, we feel that by keeping Israel held accountable for inhumane actions (especially those involving civilians), we are being her best friend.... and keeping her from drifting into even worse courses of actions.

Traditionally, those on the right praised Israel no matter what they did and ignored her indiscretions. The right also accused the left's criticism as being "Anti-Israel". However, as conservatism evolves, we're starting to see conservatives increasingly becoming Anti-Semitic and embracing outrageous right wing conspiracy theories that only serve to fuel hatred for Jews and Israel. The right is swinging from being "Pro-Israel no matter what" to "Israel is part of a global Zionist conspiracy that must be stopped". This is the bread and butter of Anti-Semitic fascism.

Again, the right is only revealing it's true colors. The left will remain a critical, yet steadfast, ally to Israel and the Jewish people. The right is slowly becoming her enemy. Well, I'm sure that for some, this is part of "Making America Great Again".

Last edited by Aquila; 02-27-2017 at 11:04 AM.