Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

View Poll Results: Is the serpent seed doctrine a "damnable heresy"?
Yes. It's a perverse false doctrine that should be strongly rejected. 61 78.21%
No. Its an doctrinal error, but it's pretty harmless. 10 12.82%
No. I believe the serpent seed doctrine is biblical truth. 4 5.13%
I'm not sure. 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
serpent seed

Old 05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Is The Serpent Seed Doctine A "Damnable Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Mary furnished what ALL women furnish in conception and God furnished what ALL men furnish in conception what is complicated about that. Mary was his Mother contrary to what Branham and Teke says. The Bible clearly states she was his mother. The linage is traced from her to Adam.
Firstly, I agree with your concerns about the doctrines of "Branham and Teke." However, I don't follow the statement "God furnished what ALL men furnish in conception..." In fact, I find that is "hard."

What men "furnish" is 23 chromosomes. Women supply the same. If Jesus "inherited" his humanity through his mother, the only other human involved in this equation, and if He was fully human, then He would have inherited all 46 chromosomes from His mother and none from His Father.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Bro. Vayle is not Bro. Branham... I have countless quotes where Bro. Branham explained it WAS BY FOREKNOWLEDGE... you know we could fill this little box up with those quotes
Old 05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
I am going to give Rico license well maybe not. Keep on quoting the Book.
I can't stand it when we agree almost as much as you can't stand it.

Seriously, you have earned the right to tell me I am going to Hell any time you want, Brother Epley. I mean it, too.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Lu 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Lu 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
Lu 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

The same word for 'conceive' is used in all three of those verses. Two of them speak of Mary and one speaks of Elisabeth.

Something to consider.
And with ALL the conceptions in the Bible the woman furnishes something and the male furnishes something this is NO great mystery. The mystery was a woman having a child without a man NOT that she served as an incubator for Jesus, she was his mother.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
It is Mary in both cases particularly Luke.
That's not what is says. I thought there was one for Mary but am unable to find it now. As you can read, both trace from Joseph, not Mary.

Matthew 1:14
And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;

1:15
And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;

1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Luke 3:23
And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

3:24
Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
That's not what is says. I thought there was one for Mary but am unable to find it now. As you can read, both trace from Joseph, not Mary.

And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
I can't remember exactly how, but there is a way to trace Mary back to David too. It was a long time ago when I learned it, but I know it can be done.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Firstly, I agree with your concerns about the doctrines of "Branham and Teke." However, I don't follow the statement "God furnished what ALL men furnish in conception..." In fact, I find that is "hard."

What men "furnish" is 23 chromosomes. Women supply the same. If Jesus "inherited" his humanity through his mother, the only other human involved in this equation, and if He was fully human, then He would have inherited all 46 chromosomes from His mother and none from His Father.
Interesting. That's also why I don't believe she was involved. I believe God supplied all 46, just as He did with Adam and Eve. But the jury is still out due to two scriptures I discovered above. It's not absolute, because the word "conceive" can mean many things, including being pregnant. I'm still searching deeper into what I found to determine if there is a more direct definition, but there may not be one to find.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
And with ALL the conceptions in the Bible the woman furnishes something and the male furnishes something this is NO great mystery. The mystery was a woman having a child without a man NOT that she served as an incubator for Jesus, she was his mother.
I agree she was His mother, but DNA doesn't make a woman your mother.

I have a friend who gave birth to a child that is not biologically hers, but she's still his mother. She gave birth to him and the donors of the egg and sperm signed off rights to the child. But her motherhood rights are no different to that child as my motherhood rights are to mine.

I'm not doubting that a man wasn't involved. I know he wasn't. But I don't think Mary being a surrogate mother makes her less of a parent as some of you seem to be thinking. I just don't think it matters, but it's my opinion on the subject.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:

There are different theories on it but one common one is that the list in Luke is Mary's and as was common Joseph is inserted in her place. Notice that the father of Joseph is different in Luke than it is in Matthew.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

He inherited the 23 chromodomes that were created by God which united with what Mary provided. Those 'human' chromozomes were created by God.