Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
Br. Phil- You are so blessed to have a father and a pastor with such a wonderful spirit. " How beautiful are the feet..."
Thank you, Blubayou! I agree but then I am a bit biased.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Probably.

He is a Texan and is now pastoring in Texas. He did spend some time in Northern Oklahoma as well.

Don't you love a mystery?
hmmmmmm uh huh I see.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I think I would have liked to have known your Dad Bro. Phil.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Thanks, PM... I agree!

I could never understand how he kept the right spirit and attitude. As to the pull of others from his church... he always felt that if someone could entice them away then he must not be fulfilling his call as well as he should so he just refocused his dedication to his call and his church and loved those that left.

He also made it clear to the saints of God who attended the church he pastored that if they couldn't be saved in the church he pastored or under his ministry that he would gladly write them a letter of transfer and accompany them to other churches to help them find a church where they thought they could be saved. After all, he taught that being saved was what this "church" business was all about!

I miss my dad!
As well you should miss a man like that. This testimony is enough to make me wonder if folks are still getting the same Holy Ghost that they got back then!

What a great man, and what a blessing to grow up with that heritage and example.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 AM
God's Son

It's hard to reach out to the people who run off and have no desire to work together. They don't want a reconciliation.

My father in law had a tree that looked beautiful, but it was dying. He had to hire a tree service to trim the limbs so the tree would survive. Some of the limbs that looked like nothing was wrong had to be trimmed. When they were cut, one could see if those limbs were left on the tree, it would have killed the tree.

The UPCI tree may have gotten a trim, but it looks like some of the tree killing limbs may be pruned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken View Post
I have to disagree, the UPCI is not better off now , they have lost very precious men and those who brethren hold close to their heart. Reaching out to men is the answer and don't believe there are many out there that feel the same way as the above statement.

What will we do when we all get to heaven - say, I wished you hadn't made it- don't think so.

They are precious people just like the UPCI

I have no axe to grind with UPCI or the new organization/association as all I can say we are brethren, let's reach out , love each other and win the lost

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

What would Jesus do?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Ron Turner

Quote:
That is how my dad handled it and how he taught me it should be handled. He even helped dig the foundation for the new pastor's church and provided any assistance he could. His view... simple... if God is in it I don't want to fight it and if God is not in it it won't prosper. It didn't prosper and the folks were welcomed home with open arms by a man how never offended them by his ignorance.
Wisdom.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

I've seen it mentioned many times on this forum that a lot of people think there won't be many pastors/preachers at this meeting, but I think there might be quit a few that attend. You have to take into consideration the many pastors/preachers from the upc that have made up their minds to join, the upc p/p that are considering, the upc p/p that are going just to be nosy and also many, many of the independent churches that have wanted to be apart of a group they could fit into.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
I've seen it mentioned many times on this forum that a lot of people think there won't be many pastors/preachers at this meeting, but I think there might be quit a few that attend. You have to take into consideration the many pastors/preachers from the upc that have made up their minds to join, the upc p/p that are considering, the upc p/p that are going just to be nosy and also many, many of the independent churches that have wanted to be apart of a group they could fit into.
If the independents wanted a group, there are already enough of them out there, surely they would have done found one.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Look for most independants to stay independant.

Look for about 1/3 (or more) of those that leave the UPCI over the "issue" to go independant.

Look for maybe 2/3 (or less) of the leaving UPCI men to join the Tulsa group.

These are my predictions.