Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Jesus visited him every night telling him to write

This man testifies that Jesus visited a local for a month telling him to write something down,... which happened to be the gospel according to John.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...od-on-the-move

Wow, what do you think?
Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 PM
New User

Re: Jesus visited him every night telling him to w

Really, David Platt?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Must be true, it's on the internet!
Old 09-23-2019, 08:34 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Must be true, it's on the internet!

Your unbelief is showing.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
This man testifies that Jesus visited a local for a month telling him to write something down,... which happened to be the gospel according to John.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...od-on-the-move

Wow, what do you think?
Better question is, what do you think?
Old 09-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Better question is, what do you think?
I have heard of many testimonies of Muslims converting to Christianity after receiving a vision of the Lord Jesus in dreams, and then fleeing. Normal people, not "spectacular" testimonies. The fruit of the vision has stayed for years on those souls (it is not they are lying and then becoming terrorists).

I see also the fruit of this experience being positive.

Is the testimony a lie? IDK, why would they lie so much?
Is the testimony exaggerated? IDK, maybe.

Can God do something like that? definitely. We see at least two divine interventions in the book of Acts to cause conversion: Saul and Cornelius, especially when reaching out people that Christians are afraid of or are not willing for whatever reason to preach to them. The fruits and the results will tell.

I have seen myself great divine intervention and guidance to hungry souls before to bring them to the way of salvation without a preacher intervention. I myself came to Jesus not through a preacher, event, testimony from close friend/relative or a track. Nada. It was a direct divine intervention that guided me to the gospel. I was hungry to get close to the Creator of everything, so I began to seek Him. He guided me to the God of the Bible, which then I resisted because I couldn't believe the God of the Bible was the Creator. After His insistence, I decided to give it a try and read the Gospels. Then He guided me to repentance through the Sermon of the Mount, at home, without preachers or church or nothing. That repentance prayer was my first amazing and joyful experience with his Spirit. Then he guided me towards a Church where I showed up one day out of the blue, and received the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues.

Last edited by coksiw; 09-24-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

What did Saul and Cornelius’ divine intervention have in common?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What did Saul and Cornelius’ divine intervention have in common?
Well, the guy didn’t start his own religion but somehow got in contact with the missionary in the area as the article implies.
The experience seems to have drawn him into Christ. Im not that focus on the book itself but on the experience that caused the man to read the Gospel and come to talk to the missionary in an area where preaching is prohibited.

Brother, Im not defending the testimony. You seem to be skeptical and trying to take it apart as totally fabricated. I’m skeptical too but not to your level. I’m analyzing it by the possibility of happening and the fruit.

Last edited by coksiw; 09-25-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Well, the guy didn’t start his own religion but somehow got in contact with the missionary in the area as the article implies.

Brother, Im not defending the testimony. You seem to be skeptical and trying to take it apart as totally fabricated. I’m skeptical too but not to your level. I’m analyzing it by the possibility of happening and the fruit.
Seem to be skeptical? I'm very skeptical about so called Jesus visitation to so called "Muslims." I happen to know this first hand. You see, the closer we look at the bug on the ecclesiastical leaf, we tend to miss the rich, deep, vast forest of truth. Jesus comes to Muslim, tells him to write the book of John, and Muslim becomes a Calvinist, and Trinitarian? Where are all the Imams are Muslim theologians getting visitations? No, we get Joe Muslim (or Jane Muslim) story of a Jesus visitation which makes no sense. The angels which visited Biblical characters brought information. Jesus speaks to Saul, tells Saul where he should go and get information. At the same time a preacher by the name of Ananias is informed concerning who he will meet. Cornelius is instructed of a particular preacher to find and invite to his home. Also the preacher is divinely notified of what will transpire. Our random Muslim visitation, and Atheists going to a burning hell lined with demons, all make for interesting Brother Stoneking pulpit material, but are they credible?

Why should we critique? Because we might just telephone these stories to others. Those others may not be as kind as we are, and filet the story down to the hind end of a gnat. Usually this happens over at Cracker Barrel, or at a Bible studied filled with honest sincere people. Can divine visitations happen? Sure they can. Is God able? Most definitely! Will God do it so the Muslim or Atheist become Church of Christ? Or Lutheran? I personally don't think so.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Here's all anyone needs to know:

Quote:
Yazid discussed how he and his wife want to build 10 churches in the next year, but "training disciples who make disciples takes time and funding."

"This training, along with supporting the leaders of the training over the next year, will cost approximately $25,000 for ten churches to be developed," he shared.

Platt answered generously, "Yazid, we praise God for what you are doing on the front lines there in the Middle East. And we want you to know from your brothers and sisters who are behind you on those lines that you're not alone."

"And so we want to say to you tonight, 'Count us in for that $25,000 to plant ten churches in the Middle East,'" Platt continued.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/