Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
crakjak's Avatar
crakjak crakjak is offline
crakjak


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: dallas area
Posts: 7,605
What If You Had Been Born Hitler???

How many of you believe that you are a more worthy candidate for salvation than Hitler was?

Bear in mind that, unlike Hitler, none of us here have the power of a modern state at our disposal, so the amount of harm we can do is in that sense limited by the grace of God.

If we get angry with someone in this forum, for example, we might say something nasty, but we are in no position to send the Gestapo after the person who offends us. Nor are we in a position, such as Hitler was, where our own weaknesses and prejudices can easily be transformed into political terror. The same weaknesses and prejudices may in fact be there, but we do not have available to us the same means of expressing them that Hitler had available to him.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely," said Lord Acton. But few of us have experienced even the temptations of political power, much less the temptations of "absolute" tyrannical power.

So how many here are utterly confident that in Hitler's precise circumstances you would have come off any better than he did?

Just wondering.

By: T. Talbott
__________________
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)


www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Arphaxad's Avatar
Arphaxad Arphaxad is offline
Genesis 11:10


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,385
What If You Had Been Born Hilter???

If I had been born Hitler, than I would have been Hitler, and it would have all been the same. (no attacking Russia though, that was dumb).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
OneAccord's Avatar
OneAccord OneAccord is offline
"One Mind...OneAccord"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,919
Hitler was a sinner in need of a Savior. Just like me. Like me he needed to be reborn and surrender his life to Jesus Christ. The atrocities he committed were the results of unbelief in the same way my past sins were a result of my unbelief. I often think of David and King Saul. David committed adultery, he was responsible for the death of another human being, yet, he found a place of repentance. King Saul, on the other hand, offended God by "modifying" His command, by not fulfilling God's command to the letter. Yet, we find that Saul never did return to the Lord and, in fact died for his wrong. In my human reasoning, it seems Davids sin was much worse, yet God forgave David. And, again, with human reasoning, my sins pale in comparison to those of Hitler. But, maybe I don't see things the way God does. Sin is sin in God's eyes. So, really, is there a real difference between us and Hitler? Yeah, there is. God extended His grace and mercy to us and we submitted to Him. Hitler didn't. And thats the only difference between me and Mr. Hitler.
__________________
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...." -Psa. 37:7

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
How many of you believe that you are a more worthy candidate for salvation than Hitler was?

Bear in mind that, unlike Hitler, none of us here have the power of a modern state at our disposal, so the amount of harm we can do is in that sense limited by the grace of God.

If we get angry with someone in this forum, for example, we might say something nasty, but we are in no position to send the Gestapo after the person who offends us. Nor are we in a position, such as Hitler was, where our own weaknesses and prejudices can easily be transformed into political terror. The same weaknesses and prejudices may in fact be there, but we do not have available to us the same means of expressing them that Hitler had available to him.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely," said Lord Acton. But few of us have experienced even the temptations of political power, much less the temptations of "absolute" tyrannical power.

So how many here are utterly confident that in Hitler's precise circumstances you would have come off any better than he did?

Just wondering.

By: T. Talbott
I guess at Judgement day the Lord God would say off to hell you devil..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Malvaro's Avatar
Malvaro Malvaro is offline
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
I guess at Judgement day the Lord God would say off to hell you devil..
do you say that about other peoples' souls as well???
__________________
"Rules without relationship lead to rebellion." Dr. James Dobson

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Steve Epley's Avatar
Steve Epley Steve Epley is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,903
The passage come to me "avoid foolish questions."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:22 PM
berkeley berkeley is offline
Saved & Shaved


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SOUTH ZION
Posts: 10,795
If I was born Hitler..... I'd have almost obliterated some jews...

what is the point of this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
If I was born Hitler..... I'd have almost obliterated some jews...

what is the point of this thread?
I think the point is ... was Hitler savable.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
do you say that about other peoples' souls as well???
Not until the sum of their acts are laid to rest. If we can suggest a person has made their salvation election sure at a funeral. We can suggest a man as Hitler will be hitting the bluist portion of Eternity's flames.

I am only a sinner saved by Grace and by the acceptace that their is a God.

Hitler on the other hand thought of himself as God.

Thank God for Roosevelt and Churchill...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I think the point is ... was Hitler savable.
The question was answered by Hitler himself.

He choose by free will not to accept God in anyway.

The weird thing one of his Grandmothers was 1/4 Jew from one of her Grand parents.

He was thought to have found this out within the last months of his life...

Even God knew he was a natural disaster, He was born with one testicle...

If he would have been a wilderbeast in Africa the Lions would have eaten him first...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are People Born Gah? Praxeas Fellowship Hall 17 11-09-2008 09:51 AM
Hymn To Hitler Falla39 Political Talk 8 11-01-2008 07:50 PM
What Was the #1 Song the Day You Were Born? rgcraig Fellowship Hall 105 08-19-2008 09:48 AM
Who Wuz Born On Your Birthday? Ron Fellowship Hall 26 07-11-2008 07:05 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.