Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Re: When You Got Saved in a Baptist Church ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post

Yes .... there was a time a person could be saved in a Baptist church .... Pentecostal Herald, May 1946.
A person can still be saved in a Baptist Church. I'll be Preaching at one in a couple months. Sometimes I wonder how many of those on here who defend, to the bitter end, other denominations have ever actually set foot in one of their Churches. In fact I wonder how many have set foot in any Church that wasn't UPCI. I've preached for Trinity Pentecostals, my bro-in-law preached for the Methodists, and when my Pastor was an Evangelist he not only preached at a Baptist Church, he eventually Baptized the Pastor and the whole congregation in Jesus' Name and almost all were speaking in tongues by the time he left. But I guess that was wrong of him, wasn't it?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I started out in a Baptist church. During one service when I was about 12 years old the message hit me, God moved me to tears, I was drawn to the front after service to "repeat after me" for salvation, then was baptized in the titles. It was 2 more years before we changed to a pentecostal church. I never did have that feeling I felt that night again until our first service in the pentecostal church. As a teen I recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost and was baptized in Jesus Name.

There was no doubt what I felt in that baptist church was the Spirit of God, but it never happened again while I was going there and after I left that night I knew I had felt something but the prayer and baptism just seemed empty or more ritual.

Later on in life our church was eating out and I ran into that baptist preacher. He ask how I was and where I was going to church, after I told him, he said he was glad I had moved on to truth. I asked him what he meant and he said; "I know what you have is the truth, but if I preach that in my church I will lose my congregation"

Sad.
You are a double dipper.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
You are a double dipper.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I haven't met one yet ... that fits this bill ...

Haven't met any AG ministers like this either ...

I know the other pat answer as to why they won't do it is because of the money ...

Yet I know some Apostolic ministers who won't leave for the same reasons listed above ... lose the church, family, income, network, friendships, etc.
Very true, and more often the some would care to admit. That grip of traditionalism on pastors is almost impossible to break without great damage to their ministry and relationships often forged over a lifetime.

Of course, UPCI ministers then turn around and ridicule the "Baptists" for not leaving dead tradition for truth.

Sad.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Renewed

Quote:
I haven't met one yet ... that fits this bill ...

Of course you haven't.

Not suprising.

It wouldn't fit your agenda well at all.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 04-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Renewed

Truth is, of course you could get saved in a Baptist church. The question is, can one grow spiritually as God would will us to grow in a Baptist church ? Can one continue in the apostolic truth, accomplishing the will of God in our lives ? Would the almighty DA still be more apostolic than we will ever be had he only graced the auditoriums of the traditional baptist church ?

As many have said, orgs dont save people, God saves people. But nobody can argue that orgs help guide and grow our walk with God.(some through positive experiences and some through negative ones) You can argue apostolic orgs trivial discrepencies. But every member here, no matter what org they are affiliated, are here for one reason. . . they believe the apostolic truth in doctrine. You won't find that in a "Baptist" church.

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev. Duane Williams View Post
A person can still be saved in a Baptist Church. I'll be Preaching at one in a couple months. Sometimes I wonder how many of those on here who defend, to the bitter end, other denominations have ever actually set foot in one of their Churches. ...
I have.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

I believe the article is written in the style of that day.
He was saved, according to the Baptist mode of salvation.
That is all the statement is saying.
Nothing more, nothing less.
As is evident he did not believe that was all there was to salvation.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
The obit was written from what we call the "one-step" viewpoint, held by many in the UPC at that time (and still held by many Apostolics).
Acts 2:38 is looked upon as:
1. salvation/conversion/regeneration
2. water baptism after salvation
3. Holy Ghost Baptism as an enduement of power
Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
That is my opinion as well.