Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: Our First Kid's Camp

Just heard - 46 filled with the Holy Ghost tonight! God is SO amazing!!!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Christmas 2009

Miss Presley is at the camp. Hopefully she will give us a first-hand account of what went on there. Pentecost definitely came down on our kids!

The cool thing is that they were not falling out in the Spirit from having seen it and knowing they were "supposed" to. Our kids have their own services at our church on Sundays and Wednesdays, so when people have had these kinds of experiences in the sanctuary, our kids haven't been there to witness it. This was totally a sovereign move of God!!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Praise the Lord, what an awesome outpouring!!!!!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Miss Presley is at the camp. Hopefully she will give us a first-hand account of what went on there. Pentecost definitely came down on our kids!

The cool thing is that they were not falling out in the Spirit from having seen it and knowing they were "supposed" to. Our kids have their own services at our church on Sundays and Wednesdays, so when people have had these kinds of experiences in the sanctuary, our kids haven't been there to witness it. This was totally a sovereign move of God!!
Sherri,
We are always happy to hear of good reports concerning a move of God.

It's been my observation that in the midst of your reporting you seem to tend to do your comparison thing - you and the UPC. Here you say, "The cool thing is that they were not falling out in the Spirit from having seen it and knowing they were "supposed" to.

That's something that you consistently do and, for me, it kind of takes the bloom off of your success stories. I'm not trying to be unkind. I just don't know why you find it necessary to, pretty much, say - "The UPC goes through the motions and we don't - what we have is real". I have seen people fake these things, as human beings in want of attention will do, but the larger percentage that I have observed, over the years, are sincere as the day is long.

I sit here thinking of the struggles our church has gone through, as do all, and how we have come through these situations having not lost one member. We have a very sincere group of people who want God more than organization - Well, we aren't even affiliated. I guess I find it insulting, in light of things I've been through to continuously come across like you do.

I know that this post is sounding unkind. That is not my intention. I have no negative feelings toward you, personally. I just felt that I wanted to express how I felt.

I think as leaders of the Kingdom of God we have a grave responsibility to "unite" and not "divide".
Old 07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sherri,

It's been my observation that in the midst of your reporting you seem to tend to do your comparison thing - you and the UPC. Here you say, "The cool thing is that they were not falling out in the Spirit from having seen it and knowing they were "supposed" to.

That's something that you consistently do and, for me, it kind of takes the bloom off of your success stories. I'm not trying to be unkind. I just don't know why you find it necessary to, pretty much, say - "The UPC goes through the motions and we don't - what we have is real". I have seen people fake these things, as human beings in want of attention will do, but the larger percentage that I have observed, over the years, are sincere as the day is long.

I sit here thinking of the struggles our church has gone through, as do all, and how we have come through these situations having not lost one member. We have a very sincere group of people who want God more than organization - Well, we aren't even affiliated. I guess I find it insulting, in light of things I've been through to continuously come across like you do.

I know that this post is sounding unkind. That is not my intention. I have no negative feelings toward you, personally. I just felt that I wanted to express how I felt.

I think as leaders of the Kingdom of God we have a grave responsibility to "unite" and not "divide".
Oh my goodness........I wasn't even thinking of UPC. That was the farthest thing from my mind. Sorry if you took it that way. I just meant that this was a genuine move of God with our kids; I didn't want people thinking they had learned to "fall out" from watching others. Honestly, it was NOT a slam against UPC at all. I would think by now you would realize that I'm one who has no ill feelings against UPC; I always try to uphold them.

Last edited by Sherri; 07-17-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Sherri,

Awesome pictures, true sincerity, and a powerful move of God!!!
Is this from one of your churches?
Do you know of any churches like this in South Carolina? (Myrtle Beach Area?)

Jesus Always Wins
Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sherri,

My 2 cents. Pressed On I think you are incorrect concerning Sherri's post in fact, completely wrong. Here is why: I get the opportunity to sing at many different types of churches even out of my organization, the UPC. UPC churches do not "Fall Out" anywhere near the numbers that they do in "other" circles. In many pentecostal churches that I have been to that are not UPC, the "Falling Out" occurs all of the time with everyone at the altar. They have attendants there to help with the "fallees"...so when sherri is comparing, she is actually comparing to other pentecostal churches more like her own and NOT the UPC. Yes, we do get "slain in the Spirit" but not in numbers and style of more "Vinyard" type of church....my two cents
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesuswins View Post
Sherri,

Awesome pictures, true sincerity, and a powerful move of God!!!
Is this from one of your churches?
Do you know of any churches like this in South Carolina? (Myrtle Beach Area?)
Oh great, like they have time to start another church, sheeesh!!!

LOL, j/k
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
My 2 cents. Pressed On I think you are incorrect concerning Sherri's post in fact, completely wrong. Here is why: I get the opportunity to sing at many different types of churches even out of my organization, the UPC. UPC churches do not "Fall Out" anywhere near the numbers that they do in "other" circles. In many pentecostal churches that I have been to that are not UPC, the "Falling Out" occurs all of the time with everyone at the altar. They have attendants there to help with the "fallees"...so when sherri is comparing, she is actually comparing to other pentecostal churches more like her own and NOT the UPC. Yes, we do get "slain in the Spirit" but not in numbers and style of more "Vinyard" type of church....my two cents
Exactly, MM. In fact, this doesn't happen a lot at our church normally. I know churches where it does, but they are more of the charismatic ilk.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Oh my goodness........I wasn't even thinking of UPC. That was the farthest thing from my mind. Sorry if you took it that way. I just meant that this was a genuine move of God with our kids; I didn't want people thinking they had learned to "fall out" from watching others. Honestly, it was NOT a slam against UPC at all.
Sherri,
I don't know who else you could have been referring to as you came out of the UPC and have made other comments concerning your experiences while there.

I am walking out the door and cannot do this post justice, but I will leave this saying - I have always thought very well of you and your husband. You look like people that I would enjoy meeting, so my comments are not personal.

It just gets a little grating at times. I think, where I am coming from - I've experienced both the positive and negative people in both church groups and the secular world.

People are going to be one or the other. You could have someone standing in the back at campmeeting deriding everything going on - seen that happen. And you can be around those that see the good in the people and the good in the surroundings. I want to be a part of the positive crowd.

Anyway, promised to drop of a set of weights before I start my day - I'm running 8 minutes behind schedule! Not too bad, but I need to go.

Again, I don't mean to be unkind. I just wanted you to know my feelings. I felt you were the type of person that would want to know.