Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,282
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I was in fear because I was taught things like I mention in this book and others. Things like Joy Haney mentions about Jezebel's blood being licked up, things like Ruth Reider mentions like when a woman cut her hair and her home was invaded by spirits. Things like Gary and Linda Reed write about how a girl cut her hair cut and went stark raving mad.

Uncut hair is neither here nor there until you tie in all these crazy fearmongering stories into it.
Ruth Reider.

Ruth Reider?

OK, we aren't talking Ruth Rieder, we are talking Book here.

I have a huge library of religious books, that fill my home.

I teach the church family this, don't use "books" to understand the Bible. Use the Bible to understand the books, whether they are true or false.

Sister, we aren't trying to Break Out of the UPCI, because some of us were never UPCI. I saw Ruth Rieder get behind the pulpit at General Conference years ago, but I don't believe women preachers are Biblical. Anyway she's a yeller, and if I need a woman to yell at me I'll go see my mother.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46,554
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Someone posted this link some time back on this forum or maybe it was NFCF. I haven't seen anyone ever comment on it. If you follow the link the information is on the top, far right side of the page. You have to get there by going through "253" under Max. Inst.

My question would be, if there is a word in Greek for "uncut", which apparently there is, why wouldn't Paul have used it? Especially because he is speaking to a Greek audience.


Headword
Dictionaries Max. Inst.
Min. Inst.
# Documents
Short Definition
ἄτομος
LSJ, Middle Liddell
253
41 30 uncut, unmown,

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...bmit=Do+Search
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46,554
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Ruth Reider.

Ruth Reider?

OK, we aren't talking Ruth Rieder, we are talking Book here.

I have a huge library of religious books, that fill my home.

I teach the church family this, don't use "books" to understand the Bible. Use the Bible to understand the books, whether they are true or false.

Sister, we aren't trying to Break Out of the UPCI, because some of us were never UPCI. I saw Ruth Rieder get behind the pulpit at General Conference years ago, but I don't believe women preachers are Biblical. Anyway she's a yeller, and if I need a woman to yell at me I'll go see my mother.
Brother, ILG has a legitimate issue here as many of us were taught out of RR's book and the teaching of Stoneking. IT IS Gospel in the organization. So, stop insulting her and listen to where she is coming from.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 08-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,282
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Brother, ILG has a legitimate issue here as many of us were taught out of RR's book and the teaching of Stoneking. IT IS Gospel in the organization. So, stop insulting her and listen to where she is coming from.
Someone's insulted?

OK, IT is Gospel in the organization? No it isn't, because there are UPCI brothers and sisters who don't believe it. They are insulted when you broad brush them with all the rest. ILG and Emma Bonecruncher have been doing this for how long? So, she is a seasoned rodeo rider, and she and I have been at this for who knows how long. She is a pro, and no neophyte. PO, just like ndavid so correctly brought to everyone's attention. We have been at it for how long?

So, now that we got all that out of the way, we shall continue.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46,554
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Someone's insulted?

OK, IT is Gospel in the organization? No it isn't, because there are UPCI brothers and sisters who don't believe it. They are insulted when you broad brush them with all the rest. ILG and Emma Bonecruncher have been doing this for how long? So, she is a seasoned rodeo rider, and she and I have been at this for who knows how long. She is a pro, and no neophyte. PO, just like ndavid so correctly brought to everyone's attention. We have been at it for how long?

So, now that we got all that out of the way, we shall continue.
Well, then I should say the people I have been familiar with do still believe this. I don't personally know a lot of people who don't. Except here maybe.

I wouldn't have an issue with the discussion if those wanting to engage with ILG would simply address her point in a scholarly fashion instead of a bunch of mean spirited bullying. I agree with ILG, it is not becoming of a Christian.

She posted some text that was a bit startling and wanted to run that by us. My faith is everything. Without it I can't please God. It is troubling, IMO, to have hair placed on the same level of faith and power of the Holy Ghost.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,282
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Someone posted this link some time back on this forum or maybe it was NFCF. I haven't seen anyone ever comment on it. If you follow the link the information is on the top, far right side of the page. You have to get there by going through "253" under Max. Inst.

My question would be, if there is a word in Greek for "uncut", which apparently there is, why wouldn't Paul have used it? Especially because he is speaking to a Greek audience.


Headword
Dictionaries Max. Inst.
Min. Inst.
# Documents
Short Definition
ἄτομος
LSJ, Middle Liddell
253
41 30 uncut, unmown,

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...bmit=Do+Search
instantaneous time?

__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
I am half-sick of shadows


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 4,821
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

I have NEVER heard RR or L.S.esque teachings taught at FPC Palm Bay. So don't claim is it gospel for the organization.

Standards are taught using scripture in the discipleship class.

People are welcome to come to church as they are. My Sister comes to church in pants and with cut hair and no one makes her feel unwanted.

IF you want to be a part of a church ministry or platform ministry it is expected that you follow church standards.

the UPC is a fellowship of churches, not all are alike in every respect.

If someone has had a bad experience 20 years past, they should get past it and move on.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 14,556
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I have NEVER heard RR or L.S.esque teachings taught at FPC Palm Bay. So don't claim is it gospel for the organization.
I've never heard it in any UPC, ALJC, or independent church I've been to or been a member of. Never even heard of it until these forums.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,282
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, then I should say the people I have been familiar with do still believe this.
Beautiful, because the United Pentecostal Church is made up of a ministerial fellowship. Each minister believes in basic tenets of the organization. Yet, not all believe somethings like talismen hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't personally know a lot of people who don't. Except here maybe.
Not all Texans can barbeque, or wear cool boots like preachers in Ogden Utah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I wouldn't have an issue with the discussion if those wanting to engage with ILG would simply address her point in a scholarly fashion instead of a bunch of mean spirited bullying.
We are talking about ILG, who created the hooded ape woman called Emma Barbellswinger? An alter ego created to insult the UC? Nope, ILG is one of us, and she is skilled in the fine art forum Kung Fu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I agree with ILG, it is not becoming of a Christian.
ILG doesn't want anyone to be a Christain?

She posted some text that was a bit startling and wanted to run that by us. My faith is everything. Without it I can't please God. It is troubling, IMO, to have hair placed on the same level of faith and power of the Holy Ghost.[/QUOTE]

But we don't believe that.

I haven't even heard of the authors she is shredding out in slices.

If they are still alive send them an email and have them come here an explain their position
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 08-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,282
Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I've never heard it in any UPC, ALJC, or independent church I've been to or been a member of. Never even heard of it until these forums.
I've heard some good ones come over the pulpit. I've been sitting on a platform where it was testified. That a sister laid her hair on the altar and asked God to heal her daughter. Daughter was healed, I make sure I don't disrupt anyone's church family. If they believe that, then the minister and I will discuss it in private. But for me to get up in anyone's pulpit and preach against what they all believe is ludicrous.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Submission or subjection thephnxman Deep Waters 12 10-15-2015 08:02 AM
Question About Submission Mrsnt Fellowship Hall 143 12-15-2013 12:26 PM
Submission to a pastor Originalist Fellowship Hall 97 11-19-2013 01:15 PM
What is Biblical submission? Originalist Fellowship Hall 0 11-16-2013 08:59 PM
Gun Control? How About Media Control? deacon blues Political Talk 1 12-18-2012 01:19 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by shwnrob
- by Jito463

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.