Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

My ability to carry at work is essentially non-existent since I am at a school (although I DO have it locked in a safe in my car in the parking lot). I just picked myself up one of these! hee hee hee
Everyone thinks it is JUST a flashlight, and since I do use flashlights nearly every day no one thinks twice.

By the way, this sucker is loud! When pressing the special button it sounds almost like a 22 going off.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Administrator

RW,

Can you believe the pistol I ordered from CTD yesterday has been delivered to my local FFL today???!!!! Pretty cool that their free shipping is apparently overnight.

I should be taking it to the range this coming weekend and will report back. I think it is going to have quite a bit of recoil based on the light weight (just 15 ounces, about half that of my XDm compact). Should be a great carry piece though for an ankle holster.

Here is a link to the SCCY CPX-2 gen 2 info from the manufacturers website.

http://www.sccy.com/cpx2tt.html
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"

Last edited by CC1; 04-17-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Excited about heading to the range tomorrow morning to shoot my new Taurus 840 .40 S&W and my new SCCY CPX-2 gen 2 compact or sub compact 9mm. Oh, and of course my Springfield XDm and AR 15. My son just installed my holographic sight on my AR so I am anxious to try it.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Excited about heading to the range tomorrow morning to shoot my new Taurus 840 .40 S&W and my new SCCY CPX-2 gen 2 compact or sub compact 9mm. Oh, and of course my Springfield XDm and AR 15. My son just installed my holographic sight on my AR so I am anxious to try it.
Awwww man, you have a red dot for your AR already? I am trying to talk my wife into getting one but she does not understand why someone NEEDS to spend over $400 on an EOTech unit -thousand of Special Forces units can't be wrong.

On another note, I just got myself another rifle.
It's a Gamo Silent Cat .177 air rifle!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Awwww man, you have a red dot for your AR already? I am trying to talk my wife into getting one but she does not understand why someone NEEDS to spend over $400 on an EOTech unit -thousand of Special Forces units can't be wrong.

On another note, I just got myself another rifle.
It's a Gamo Silent Cat .177 air rifle!
Sadly my holographic sight is not a $400+ eotech but a Sightmark Ultra Shot Zombie series at around $100.

It has great reviews as being tough enough to stand up to the recoil of a .223 / 5.56. It is a green dot one and pretty cool. I tried using it today for the first time but the bore laser we had tried to sight it with at home was out of alignment so it was off when we got to the range. My spotting scope has not come in yet so we are going to have to wait for that or go to the expensive indoor range with the targets u can reel in to adjust it. I loved how easy it was to place the dot on the target. Can't wait to get it adjusted right!

Had a great time at the range today. My new Taurus 840 .40 S&W 15 round bitone 4" pistol shot great. From around 21' two of my first few shots hit dead center on the X in the middle of the silhouette and the others were very close in. Also my son had me try double tapping for the first time today and some of them were very close together. I think I will be better next time.

Also loved how my new SCCY CPX-2 gen 2 carry piece shot. Very, very nice.

I just didn't have enough ammo to really shoot as much as I wanted. Particularly 9mm.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Not riding the train

Buybacks CANNOT Be Destroyed, Will be Sold to Public

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law yesterday a bill that would make the destruction of guns bought through government organized buybacks illegal.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/breaki...old-to-public/

Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Buybacks CANNOT Be Destroyed, Will be Sold to Public

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law yesterday a bill that would make the destruction of guns bought through government organized buybacks illegal.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/breaki...old-to-public/

Yuuuuppp!

Now there are several more pieces of legislation coming down there pike here as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Jerry Moon

Found me a nice holster to carry my Taraus PT145 finally ....

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
Found me a nice holster to carry my Taraus PT145 finally ....
Inside or outside the waistband?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Jerry Moon

It's outside... Holds it close and tight. Ordered one like it for inside carry for smaller Sig P938. I think my Tarsus is a little fat for inside carry.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html