Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Another urgent prayer request

I am so thankful to know all of you wonderful prayer warriors...........

And now I come to you tonight with another very urgent need - a young boy, age 13, who has grown up with my son Keith, was hit by a pickup truck tonight while riding his bicycle. He was riding home from football practice. He lives out in the country and had made it all the way to his own driveway. When he went to turn in, he apparently did not look for traffic and rode right in front of the truck traveling at a high rate of speed (not over the speed limit). He was transported to the hospital via LifeFlight. Walt was on his way home and came upon the scene right after it happened. He said that Harmon did not appear to be "busted up", but that he was unconscious. I've heard this evening now that he is in ICU. I've also heard that he has a broken leg and no one knows if he has yet regained consciousness.

Please pray for 3 things:
1) pray that God will touch and heal Harmon's body

2) pray that God will surround Harmon's parents and family with His strength and comfort. His mom is having a very difficult time right now with this (of course!!!)

3) pray for the man who ran into Harmon. His name is Rob and he is also a friend of ours. Rob was in an accident about 5 years ago. A girl blew through a stop sign right into his path and he hit her broadside, killing her instantly. So this is extra hard on Rob right now, too.

Thank you too all of you!! I am a very strong believer that God hears and answers prayer. I've seen Him work miracles. That's what we're asking for here again.

God bless you!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Praying Margie!
That is so horrible for all involved & it is every parent's worst nightmare!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Oh goodness. Praying for this situation.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Margie I am praying for this boy. What a terrible accident.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Sister Alvear

praying...and please let us know.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post

And now I come to you tonight with another very urgent need - a young boy, age 13, who has grown up with my son Keith, was hit by a pickup truck tonight while riding his bicycle. He was riding home from football practice. He lives out in the country and had made it all the way to his own driveway. When he went to turn in, he apparently did not look for traffic and rode right in front of the truck traveling at a high rate of speed (not over the speed limit). He was transported to the hospital via LifeFlight. Walt was on his way home and came upon the scene right after it happened. He said that Harmon did not appear to be "busted up", but that he was unconscious. I've heard this evening now that he is in ICU. I've also heard that he has a broken leg and no one knows if he has yet regained consciousness.

2) pray that God will surround Harmon's parents and family with His strength and comfort. His mom is having a very difficult time right now with this (of course!!!)

3) pray for the man who ran into Harmon. His name is Rob and he is also a friend of ours. Rob was in an accident about 5 years ago. A girl blew through a stop sign right into his path and he hit her broadside, killing her instantly. So this is extra hard on Rob right now, too.

Thank you too all of you!! I am a very strong believer that God hears and answers prayer. I've seen Him work miracles. That's what we're asking for here again.

God bless you!!
So Tragic! I will pray Margie.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Another urgent prayer request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post

God bless you!!

Agreeing with Sis. Margie concerning these three things, in Jesus Name!

Thank you, Lord God, for what You will do on this family's behalf, in Jesus

Name!

Falla39
Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Jellybean!

Will pray Margie.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Thank you to all of you for praying. The latest word we have is that it looks like Harmon is going to live. I don't believe that he conscious yet tho. And I understand that he has a broken ankle and a broken arm.

I will let you know as I hear things.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

My heart goes out to Rob to be in TWO horrible accidents will undoubtably affect him.

I believe God is going to move in this situation.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.