Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Pot Stirrer

OOO MY! Mark Hanby News Flash!!!

Have Ya'll Heard the latest on Rev. Mark Handy????
I have this from a reliable source that he just recently
GOT MARRIED FOR THE 3RD TIME!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: OOO MY! Mark Hanby News Flash!!!

Well, we've heard the old saying, "The third time is the charm."
Maybe this one will work out for him.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, we've heard the old saying, "The third time is the charm."
Maybe this one will work out for him.
Or "three strikes and you are OUT!!!"

BTW - I have absolutely no sympathy for the #3 wives (or husbands). They deserve everything they get for being stupid enough to marry those guys.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Or "three strikes and you are OUT!!!"

BTW - I have absolutely no sympathy for the #3 wives (or husbands). They deserve everything they get for being stupid enough to marry those guys.
Just in this case or all cases ?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Just in this case or all cases ?
All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marries somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three or more. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marrie somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.

but he's a renowned preacher
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marrie somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.
Well, I have made this argument for myself repeatedly, but you are the first person I have ever had agree with me!! My thought is that I apparently have very poor judgment when it comes to spouses, it is better that I just call it a day on the subject.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marries somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.
Quote:
If a guy has two wives run around on him I believe he should probably just admit he has no judgemetn when it come to women and remain single the rest of his life. LOL!!!
Good grief. Give it a rest.
I personally know a sister in the Lord who had 2 marriages fail. One husband committed adultery and the other just backslid and left the church and the marriage. I don't think she's a stupid person at all, and I think it's highly judgmental of you to come to such a conclusion when you don't know the individual circumstances. Every situation is different.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Matthew 7:6

Well, you say now, that "there are exceptions to everything". Fine. But keep in mind you were the one who said emphatically before that the person marrying them would be "stupid" in "all cases".

e=CC1;526243]All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marries somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three or more. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.[/quote]
Quote:
I didn't say she was stupid. Read my post again. I said anyone that would marry her is stupid.

There are exceptions to just about everything but the vast majority of the time if someone has had two failed marriages the blame is not entirely on the other person. Something is not right.
OK. I reread it.
Either way, you're still stigmatizing the innocent party. If someone is in church and their spouse backslides and walks away from God and their marriage, why should the innocent party be stigmatized for someone else's bad decisions? Its not their fault.

And if someone else chooses to marry that person one day, why does that make him/her stupid? Thats a pretty harsh thing to say, and unnecessarily so.

You declare that "the blame is not entirely on the other person". I don't know how you can determine that from from a distance, not knowing the individuals' situation. So in your mind, the innocent person must bear some responsibility...just because it has to be partly their fault? Please. In the specific case of the person I was referring to before, her husband was the head of their church's Sunday School dept, but "fell in love" (or lust!) with an unsaved woman he knew, and left his wife to raise their 2 kids.The man knew what was right vs wrong, but chose to do wrong.

It's bad enough that the sister had to go thru such a terrible ordeal, but I find it galling and deplorable that people in the body of Christ would have judgmental attitudes like that which you've displayed, implying that she bears some of the responsibility somehow, since in your view "something is not right".

Then again, such judgmental attitudes are prevalent in our churches, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that it would manifest itself on a Christian message board also.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Live like it.

Quote:
All cases. It is a matter of principle. You can quote me that anybody is stupid who marries somebody when they are going to be wife or husband number three or more. They deserve whatever being that stupid brings them.

I could never figure out why someone would want to be married any more than once, (unless they had been widowed young or divorced young)
If I'm ever loosed, I'm not going to seek to be bound.

I hope three times is the charm.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Closed Thread