Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Not riding the train

Re: GOP debate last night

Old 01-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Being he hasn't been vetted properly, that could be the case. I certainly don't have to support him personally. But get on wich yo bad self.
There's allot about him I don't like. But as long as he stays fixated on immigration, border security, security and trade...I can live with him.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Trump is going to be President. Deal with it.
Your blind support and obsession with Trump is as bad as JD and other liberal's blind support and obsession with obama.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
There's allot about him I don't like. But as long as he stays fixated on immigration, border security, security and trade...I can live with him.
As long as he does? You are not sure that he will?

What about religious freedom? Is that important to you? Ted Cruz has argued before the US Supreme Court for American Freedom.

We are having a problem with Christians not being able to take a stand for their faith in a public place., i.e., Kim Davis. Donald Trump didn't take her side. What is most important about that is that the then Governor had the power to correct the accommodation and refused to take care of it. Now, the new Governor, Matt Bevin, who everyone said had no chance of winning, is the Governor and he has taken care of religious freedom.

Why would I want Trump? My religious freedom is important in this country and Ted is already on record defending that?

1. The Mojave Desert cross for millions of veterans - won to allow it to stay
2. The Ten Commandment monument that stands on the state Capitol grounds - fought and won to allow it to stay
3. He became involved, along with his father, in the fight against the Houston Mayor's sermon subpoenas.
4. Fought and won for our 2A rights after Sandy Hook - that thread is on this forum - the amendments and floor speeches

Ted also has a great tax plan that will take care of economic trade, will enforce border security, fix the immigration system. He's already been fighting these things. His stand against the Gang of 8 is proof of that.

He allowed Code Pink to dialogue with him at a rally they came to protest. He wants to have civil debate. Trump would have yelled, "Get 'em out. Throw 'em out". I don't want that. I want every discussion to have consideration and Ted Cruz has proved he would listen.

Besides, he also represents us with good morals, politeness and statesmanship. None of the traits I find in Donald.

Anyway, you can do whatever you feel is right for you.