Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Re: "Calm Before The Storm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
What is a meaningful target?
That's the million dollar property damage question! I haven't received a clear answer on it. "Depends on the reasons for the protest" was the last answer given.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

My apologies. You mentioned urban buildings and businesses. Typically the word is associated with race, however wrong it may be.

Thank the 1980s radio and music scene for turning the meaning of urban into something to describe race.
Many people do use the term "urban" to describe black people-- when they are trying to be polite about what usually is a negative topic.

In the context of my post, I tried very hard to not specify any one particular race because ultimately none of the points I was trying to make were specifically about race-- neither problems nor solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I still do not understand what a meaningful property would be? What is okay to damage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
What is a meaningful target?

Bundy and his people commandeered federal property in Nevada a few years ago and used it for their animals, etc. Did the same thing not that long ago in Oregon and TRASHED the place. Treated the Wildlife Refuge with utter contempt and caused damages totaling in the MILLIONS. ( n david)

In the context of why they were protesting, it makes sense for them to damage federal property, federal land.

On the contrary, when there is a riot in a community over police interaction that usually includes the death of one of the community members, the people rioting burn down drugstores, burglarize shoe stores, vandalize property that is not connected to the reason why they are protesting.

See the difference between Bundy's protest and destruction of property versus some people's protests in urban areas?

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 10-11-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Sigh...

Destroying property, whether local, state, or federal government property, or private property-- the destruction of property in protest and riot is wrong. It is illegal. It is not justifiable.

And it is as American as apple pie.
If protesting police brutality, go to the police station and protest. Go to the police barracks and HQ's and protest. Stand across the street from the police station and protest.

I would not suggest the protesters attempt to damage police stations and what not, BUT IF THEY DID, it would a lot more meaningful and congruent with their cause than to damage, destroy, or even burn down CVS and other local businesses.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Many people do use the term "urban" to describe black people-- when they are trying to be polite about what usually is a negative topic.

In the context of my post, I tried very hard to not specify any one particular race because ultimately none of the points I was trying to make were specifically about race-- neither problems nor solutions.
Correct. I shouldn't have assumed urban = race in your post.

Quote:
Bundy and his people commandeered federal property in Nevada a few years ago and used it for their animals, etc. Did the same thing not that long ago in Oregon and TRASHED the place. Treated the Wildlife Refuge with utter contempt and caused damages totaling in the MILLIONS. ( n david)
$1.7 million, JD. $1.7 million!

Also, they left trash behind. They didn't set fire to anything. They didn't break windows or anything else. There was a portion of drywall which was broken. IMO they did not INTENTIONALLY damage the property. If what they did was intentional, it was pretty weak.

Quote:
In the context of why they were protesting, it makes sense for them to damage federal property, federal land.

On the contrary, when there is a riot in a community over police interaction that usually includes the death of one of the community members, the people rioting burn down drugstores, burglarize shoe stores, vandalize property that is not connected to the reason why they are protesting.

See the difference between Bundy's protest and destruction of property versus some people's protests in urban areas?
Again, I don't believe those involved in the Bundy occupation to intentionally damage property. The other protests which evolved into full-scale riots did have people who did intentionally damage buildings.

But I'm closer to understanding your meaning....just a little.

What type of building would be a meaningful target to damage for either Antifa or BLM? What would be fair game for them to attack?

For protests against police brutality: Police stations?
For protests against alt right or Nazis: Historical sites?

Edit: just saw the next post where you answered the question.

Quote:
If protesting police brutality, go to the police station and protest. Go to the police barracks and HQ's and protest. Stand across the street from the police station and protest.

I would not suggest the protesters attempt to damage police stations and what not, BUT IF THEY DID, it would a lot more meaningful and congruent with their cause than to damage, destroy, or even burn down CVS and other local businesses.
I doubt anyone is going to try to storm a police station, break the glass or firebomb it! haha

But police cruisers or the assault vehicles the riot police use....?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:51 PM
saúde

Protesting is fine if you’re not protesting someone that was guilty, oh, also burning down black owned businesses is also not good.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Backwoods Theologian

As we can see, all these protests are a joke, publicity stunts.

Europeans know how to protest (see Greece, for example).

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 PM
saúde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
As we can see, all these protests are a joke, publicity stunts.

Europeans know how to protest (see Greece, for example).

Yeah. I thought Pence’s protest was staged. I think people are afraid to do a real protest.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Organic Christian

As with most news today, I'm not sure if this is true. However, if it is... there may very well be a rather serious storm on the horizon.

Trump says he wants nuclear arsenal in 'tip-top shape,' denies desire to increase stockpilehttp://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politi...ump0706PMStory
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Backwoods Theologian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
As with most news today, I'm not sure if this is true. However, if it is... there may very well be a rather serious storm on the horizon.

Trump says he wants nuclear arsenal in 'tip-top shape,' denies desire to increase stockpilehttp://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politi...ump0706PMStory
Makes sense to keep your military capability in "tip top shape". Only a fool or a sloth would want things to be less than the best.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Makes sense to keep your military capability in "tip top shape". Only a fool or a sloth would want things to be less than the best.
Agreed.

Honestly, (in a humanity sense) the WORLD is in a better place politically when there is a strong, united, America.