Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Old Ladies' Testimony

There is this very sweet older lady I know. She is a committed Apostolic and has been for almost all of her life. Almost.

When she was a young teen, she became pregnant. On her own, she decided not to get an abortion. She did decides to put the child up for adoption. The child is born, Social Services takes the child, the child is adopted and the old lady doesn't see the baby boy she gave birth to after his birthday.

She did name him Jeff.

Fast forward several years later, the young lady is in college. She gets saved while in college (which is a great testimony by itself). She graduated from college, married an older Apostolic man, and together they made a large family-- with all of their children saved an attending Apostolic churches in various parts of the country, all except one.

Decades later, she is an old lady and her husband is older-- but they are both spry and mentally sharp. She is talking to me about her life's journey and she tells me that she, "Thanks God all of her children are saved." I asked, "All of them?" She said yes and she had a tear in her eye as she repeated that she, "Thanks God all of her children are saved."

We both know that one of her children, at a bare minimum, is not living how he should, but I didn't want to belabor the issue.

The old lady told me about the boy she had put up for adoption when she was a very young lady. She told me that she often thought of him, she prayed for him. She prayed that he too would somehow be saved, but she knew NOTHING of his whereabouts and for decades and didn't even know if he was still alive. She was a teenager when she gave birth to him.

One day, the boy she had given up for adoption found her. She was nervous and was ready for him to blame her when they finally met-- she an old lady, and her son, a middle-aged man with grown children of his own.

They met and in the process of getting to know the son she had put up for adoption, she discovered that a hospital nurse had recorded the name of that new born "Jeff" that day. The adopted parents, while driving to the hospital to view their newborn son, settled on a name of "Jeffrey Allen" and I thought all of that that was incredibly coincidental.

In talking with him, she realized that even her son that she gave birth to so many decades ago when she herself was only a girl, this son too was Apostolic! He was raised Baptist but always "knew in his heart that there was something he was missing, that he was different." She said those were his words. He was raised Baptist, but he had an Aunt who was an Apostolic preacher. At her church, during a sermon from a guest preacher, he was baptized in the Name of Jesus and filled with the Holy Ghost about 10 years ago.

All those years of praying paid off for the old lady. Now, even her wayward son, realizing the Hand of God on his mother's life, remembering his upbringing and seeing this incredible miracle that God had done in the lives of the people connected to his mother, he recently told his mother that it was time for him to return to his roots. The wayward son is attending church now.

Meanwhile, knowing this old lady and seeing God's Hand weaving through the fabric of her family's life, and listening to her testimony about all of this...

It just makes me go "WOW" and I wanted to share this story with you all so that you all can know about this too.

Truly, only God can snatch one little girl's life out grips of satan and turn it into something so beautiful.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Re: Old Ladies' Testimony

Amen
Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

That's an incredible story and testimony, JD!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Sister Alvear

awesome

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Visit our site:
http://safmcathedralofpraise.org/default.htm
Old 10-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for sharing. What a great testimony!!!