Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 02-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Sister Alvear

Please, Help me pray about this

P.O.Box 797
Jonesville, La

Dearest Friends:

Brazil just celebrated it’s greatest feast of the flesh…Many places were full of men in lace mini skirts and other outrageous costumes, band playing, drums beating and drunks wandering around. Guys with eyelashes like spider's webs; hair straightened and dyed purple pink and all colors, some wearing satin hot-pants, leather bikinis and denim cut-offs. Female prostitutes, hustlers, drug dealers, agents of the illegal numbers game, were everywhere celebrating illicit carnal pleasures. Travesties lined the beaches and their clientele were just another part of the economy of desire.
Schools and businesses were closed as the whole country shut down for wild celebrations. There were carnival parades in almost every town and city.

I call this season, The feast of fools for when it is all over the hospitals are full, mortuaries have unclaimed bodies by the scores and lives are ruined forever. Thousands are killed, bandits take advantage of the noise and robbers are everywhere.
That is one of the reasons we call our people aside and camp during this season. It is one of the most dangerous sinful times of the year here in Brazil. At camp 5 were baptized in water and over 15 received the Holy Ghost.

Our son had to drive the church van through a street full of drunken dancing people. The car in front of him the people on the streets threw beer cans and beat on the glass, bent the hood before they could get away and the car behind him was the same but our son said to those with him let us pray that God will make us invisible. NO one threw anything at them; no one beat on the windows banged on the siding of his van or anything…
Seeing eyes became blind for God’s servants to get through and on to the camp we had rented for our people.
Our son’s brother in law who is not a Christian had to go through the same crowd and they almost tore his car up!

Here in the far northeast we receive few visitors. Our health is broken from overwork, loneliness, and isolation yet God continues to give us great victories. Next week we will be traveling by bus over 1000 miles to help out in a northern work for a few days. These trips are very hard on our physical as we just returned form another long trip and spend the week camping with our people. We are not as young as we once were even so God has worked among our people in such awesome ways. Even to the point when a basket of food multiplied!
I am writing this short letter to ask if possible for an offering! (The story of my life) Brother Alvear and I would like to come to the Nashville conference but we cannot afford it. We have found tickets for both of us for 3,500 dollars. I don’t know if you can help us or not but you can pray that if it is the Lord’s will someone that can will help us. I (Sister Janice) have never been to that conference but Brother Alvear was privileged once to go. If we cannot afford a room there at the conference we can stay in a cheaper hotel. We would just love to go and fill our spiritual cups! We could not visit many churches since we have our regional conference here the last of April but maybe a few churches to get hotel money and spending money. That would be about all we would need. We do not need new clothes we and not even that type. We would just like to relax and spend time with God’s people and be refreshed. I know everybody is feeling the pinch right now, my own household as well. If it is the will of God for us to come I have done my part making our need known and if it is God's will I know He will speak to people to help us come. We cannot visit many churches because of our obligations here but it sure would be a time of blessing to us to be with God's people.
If you can help us please send your offering earmarked for conference…to Rev. Bryan Taylor PO Box 797 Jonesville, La. 71343. We would be deeply grateful.
As you help us we will teach our people to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and so aid in bringing the answer to the petition our Lord taught his disciples: Thy kingdom come. Our God can do anything, you know--far more than we could ever imagine, guess or request in our wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us. (Eph. 3:20,)

I often think of the words of the founder of the Salvation Army: “You have enjoyed yourself in Messiahianity long enough. You have had pleasant feelings, pleasant songs, pleasant meetings, and pleasant prospects. There has been much of human happiness, much clapping of hands, and much shouting of praises, very much of heaven on earth. Now then, Go to God and tell Him you are prepared as much as necessary to turn your back upon it all, and that you are willing to spend the rest of your days struggling in the midst of perishing multitudes, whatever it may cost you” Gen. William Booth

May Jesus bless you for trusting in our ministry to reach the lost of Brazil.

Your Friends working for 40 years in Missions:

Brother Raul and Sister Janice Alvear
Old 07-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Sister Alvear

Re: Please, Help me pray about this

SOUTH AMERICAN FOREIGN MISSIONS

Rev Raul and Janice Alvear
PO Box 797, Jonesville, LA 71343 – Phone 337-290-2658
CP 204, Maceio, Alagoas, Brazil, South America 57020-970
Phone: 011-55-82-9909-9350

I have an urgent request. It is not for me but for my daughter in law in the jungle. She has received news that her father is dying and the family (unbelievers) are begging her to come but for her to come it cost 800 dollars...(round trip) they are so far away. All I know is to ask my friends if they can help. Please pray about this urgently.
Thanks to all that can help in anyway. Please earmark your offering for Arlei and GIline’s travel needs.
Thanks so much.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear