Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Re: Asheville Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Air BnB is definitely the way to go.
When you have a two-for-one, a good points thing, at a decent hotel, that works well.

If you use AirBnB in a spot like Ashevilee, I recommend reading very carefully, and generally looking for a family in the burbs. Read between the lines.

Towards Black Mountain is one possibility. (Twelve Tribes, with the false names, is out in that direction.)

South Asheville is where the traffic is especially bad. Hendersonville is a wonderful walk and drive around visit, the natural food coop is good there too. Walking around Asheville is good too, with some funk.

And there is quite a nice hot springs an hour north,then west, which makes a health, and forest hiking if you like, day trip. Marion (en route to-from the hot springs) is my fav funky-dunk town, with a bit of free bluegrass one night a week packing out some cafe. The town is a lot like Rosedale here in upstate NY.

A few years back the Messianics had a Retro music festival.

btw, thanks for the Asheville travelogue, I lived there recently and can always share recommendations.

When there is a weekend funky downtown festival, there are some Christian street preachers who show up. Generally they are Baptist, with the AV (that part is excellent).

They used to have a special weekend where downtown was closed for three days, Bele Chere, but they ended it a few years back. However, there is lots of other downtown and park stuff.

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 05-03-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
When you have a two-for-one, a good points thing, at a decent hotel, that works well.

If you use AirBnB in a spot like Ashevilee, I recommend reading very carefully, and generally looking for a family in the burbs. Read between the lines.

Towards Black Mountain is one possibility. (Twelve Tribes, with the false names, is out in that direction.)

South Asheville is where the traffic is especially bad. Hendersonville is a wonderful walk and drive around visit, the natural food coop is good there too. Walking around Asheville is good too, with some funk.

And there is quite a nice hot springs an hour north,then west, which makes a health, and forest hiking if you like, day trip. Marion (en route to-from the hot springs) is my fav funky-dunk town, with a bit of free bluegrass one night a week packing out some cafe. The town is a lot like Rosedale here in upstate NY.

A few years back the Messianics had a Retro music festival.

btw, thanks for the Asheville travelogue, I lived there recently and can always share recommendations.

When there is a weekend funky downtown festival, there are some Christian street preachers who show up. Generally they are Baptist, with the AV (that part is excellent).

They used to have a special weekend where downtown was closed for three days, Bele Chere, but they ended it a few years back. However, there is lots of other downtown and park stuff.

Steven

Yeah we know theres alllll kindsa craziness here...we used to be right in the thick of all of it...participation....so we are reaaaaally good at seeing what's what as far as the out of the box alternative lifestyles go and not being shocked.

God knew what He was doing sending us here.

Guy approached me at the pump asking for some spare change for gas...didnt give him change...gave him a 5.

Thing is that I need 5 new tires...4 for me 1 for her...really didnt have it at the moment but I did it anyway....by the time I finished pumping gas there I had an unexpected $300 heading my way...that was this morning before I even started work.

Katherine is driving back to Charlotte to pick up our daughter to bring her here.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Moving closer to here....

We go to Ashville all the time.

Took the new girlfriend there last week.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
Moving closer to here....

We go to Ashville all the time.

Took the new girlfriend there last week.

We need to go eat! Lol love to meet yall! We are at a Air BnB in Maggie Valley atm. Katherine is with our daughter there right now...Im working all night...2 concerts and a game...ill be quite busy...gotta work through the night and then be at Firestone at 7am to get my tires.

Please keep us in prayer. God has been so good but we need a permanent place....its weighing on all of us...with all thats happened we still deal with crazy emotions of fear and uncertainty and just weariness...but we are making His business our business and in turn He is making our business His business...
Old 05-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, Teresa is working the next few weekends...maybe we could do something later this month.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
Yeah, Teresa is working the next few weekends...maybe we could do something later this month.
Great!