Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Oneness, But Not Apostolic?

I know modern Christendom has a variety of movements, organizations, ministries, and theologies that often vary significantly.

Has anyone ever met someone who was Oneness, but wasn't Apostolic, or even Pentecostal? They know who Jesus is, but believe the gifts has ceased.

Are these types among us?
Old 05-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Re: Oneness, But Not Apostolic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
I know modern Christendom has a variety of movements, organizations, ministries, and theologies that often vary significantly.

Has anyone ever met someone who was Oneness, but wasn't Apostolic, or even Pentecostal? They know who Jesus is, but believe the gifts has ceased.

When you say Apostolic Pentecostal you mean water baptism in Jesus name, and tongues? Right?

I have met plenty of One God non Trinitarians, you had different soteriological views.
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post

There are independent fundamentalist baptist groups that are oneness and practice Jesus name baptism. The believe supernatural gifts and signs have ceased.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
There are independent fundamentalist baptist groups that are oneness and practice Jesus name baptism. The believe supernatural gifts and signs have ceased.
I have met Baptists, Church of Christ, Holiness Church of God, all Trinitarians who were Jesus name baptism. Also Baptists and Church of Christ who were as One God as One God could be, who baptized in Jesus name, but were death on tongue talking.
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:55 AM
Happily "off the chain"

Plenty of non Pentecostal "Oneness" types out there.

Church of Christ, SDA, Sacred Name, Messianic, independents, etc.

Also Oneness charismatics are out there.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 05-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
When you say Apostolic Pentecostal you mean water baptism in Jesus name, and tongues? Right?

I have met plenty of One God non Trinitarians, you had different soteriological views.
When I say Apostolic, I'm referring to those One God Christians, Jesus' name baptism, spiritual gifts, and holiness.

..... Usually.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I know of some Holiness Baptists that have strict holiness convictions and teachings, and they speak in tongues and things, but they're Trinitarian.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Well to be frank, it does not matter according to oneness Pentecostals because if you don't believe exactly the way they teach and believe you are not saved and going to hell. So it does not matter if you believe in oneness if you don't have the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues and baptized in Jesus Name. You are not saved.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loran adkins View Post
Well to be frank, it does not matter according to oneness Pentecostals because if you don't believe exactly the way they teach and believe you are not saved and going to hell. So it does not matter if you believe in oneness if you don't have the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues and baptized in Jesus Name. You are not saved.
Apparently, you're not Apostolic. Just a stab in the dark there.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

My Pastor's brother attends a Baptist church. Through Bible studies, my Pastor eventually got his brother to see that New Testament baptisms were always performed in the name of Jesus. When my Pastor's brother was baptized, his Baptist pastor said, "Okay, we're going to do things a little differently today...." and then baptized him in Jesus' name.

The Southern Baptist Convention's statement/articles (whichever they use) of faith from the 1600s states that their fellowship validates baptisms in the name of the Lord Jesus. Many, of course, don't practice it because of their strong identification with the Trinity doctrine.

I'm not entirely sure if my Pastor's brother still attends the same church where he was baptized, but I do know that he never obtained the full gospel, such as Spirit baptism, the gifts, and things of that nature.

I love hearing interesting tidbits like this.