Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Are we now allowing representatives of all religions on AFF? We need to also allow Buddhism and Hinduism to go along with Islam to balance things out!

It would be interesting to see how all these false religions try to show how their religion is somehow superior to Christianity!

I have to wonder why wii is on AFF. Is he/she here to somehow try to convert us, or are they hoping to destroy this forum? Are we supposed to believe the lie that the Koraint is the word of god?

Besides arguing with a wall, what value does wii bring to this forum?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

Islam vs. Christianity was not MY topic. Perhaps a better discussion would be how to live life praying regularly, fasting regularly, regularly doing charity and looking for ways to help people who need help, and believing and giving homage to (1) true and only God.

Discuss this, live this, do this, and watch your lives, families, and communities change for the better.

Do this - show how superior your religion is with actions and by spending more time talking about what you believe is good and right and less time talking about what you believe what is bad and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steinway View Post
Are we now allowing representatives of all religions on AFF? We need to also allow Buddhism and Hinduism to go along with Islam to balance things out!

It would be interesting to see how all these false religions try to show how their religion is somehow superior to Christianity!

I have to wonder why wii is on AFF. Is he/she here to somehow try to convert us, or are they hoping to destroy this forum? Are we supposed to believe the lie that the Koraint is the word of god?

Besides arguing with a wall, what value does wii bring to this forum?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
I guess that depends on where you live in the good ole USA doesn't it?

http://newsbusters.org/node/9932
This is exactly what many conservative talk show hosts were trying to point out when the liberal, "drive by" media was telling us about how awful the Iraq war was during Bush's term. In World War 2, 3,000 people often died in one day. Now compare that to the 100,000+ jobs that have been lost since Obama took office 3 months ago (and won the election earlier than that).
Old 04-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Or not. Why don't you guys try to get this down before you look overseas and wail about what happens there?

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
I'm new to this, but I think I read in one of the posts that you used to live in the U.S. So if it's so bad, why did you even try living here?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Remember Islam teaches from the Quran, the Torah, and for the most part the writings of the old testament prophets. The penalties come from that time. Do I personally support those penalties? Sometimes. Do I believe that these should be tempered with mercy? Yes. Do I think that mercy is both taught and required in Islam but too often missing with those who are tasked to enforce the laws? Yes

Your Lord hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) mercy: verily, if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented, and amend (his conduct), lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

“The merciful are shown mercy by the All-Merciful. Show mercy to those on earth, and He Who is in heaven will show mercy unto you”
Uh, oh. Here we go again.
Muhammed was illiterate. What he got from The Torah was by word of mouth from Christian missionaries. I think he even screwed up the Genesis story.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Or not. Why don't you guys try to get this down before you look overseas and wail about what happens there?

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
And how about thius?
Sweden has been suffering under exploding crime waves since the beginning of the mass immigration era from Muslim countries. Compared to other European countries they have several hundred percent more crime in most categories.

The numbers are beyond fantastic and they are increasing. With the increasing crimewaves, there are growing incidents of mental problems in young and old. There are also new types of violence being discovered.

Swedish politicians are all equally inept because they were educated during a period of normalcy, the crimes were at “normal” levels compared to the rest of Europe. Politically Correct left-wing Politicians also are afraid to speak out about immigration policies or immigrant crime. Now Swedes are confronted with extreme violence from heavily armed large gangs who will take over a whole city during a robbery. Takeover robberys are more common and the lightly armed police have in some cases been hiding while observing the crimes take place.

Or this: 13 February 2009: Muzzammil “Mo” HASSAN, the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, a Buffalo, NY based Islamic television Network he helped pioneer in 2004 amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light, reportedly admitted to police that he beheaded his wife at the television station yesterday afternoon.The victim was identified as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37, who just last month, filed for and received an order of protection against her husband.

According to police, HASSAN walked into the Orchard Park police station shortly after 6:00 PM

yesterday and admitted that he murdered his wife earlier in the afternoon. While Erie County, NY District Frank A. Sedita III stated about the murder that “”…this is the worst form of domestic violence possible,” it is more pertinent to understand that the act of beheading in Islam is frequently and closely associated with “honor killings.”

The intentional mainstream media obfuscation of honor killings and the act of beheading as both relate to Islamic fundamentalist practices & beliefs is anticipated, especially in this case.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

this just happened in the last month or so in the new york, new jersey area where a muslim man beheaded his wife. it also was an "honor killing"
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned

I was born in Texas. I have lived in the US (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Alaska) my entire life (laughing@ the "try living here" comment) So, ALL of my posts are from the perspective of a southern, conservative, former christian, truck-owning member of the NRA. So, with that in mind, please know you are talking to one of your own who has been there, done that, and has a closet full of lots of different t-shirts.

Some Muslim nut beheads his wife? There's no "honor" in that. Islam teaches us that we are our spouse's protecter and that we are like garments to each other. He appears to have failed. Miserably. With this in mind, feel free, with my fullest support, to treat him as a common criminal, committing a particularly heinous crime, and fry him. Sweden has problems? Bully. Again, start on your own streets with your own (record levels of) prison population, get that in order, then worry about Sweden. It's about looking at anything anywhere but in the mirror for you guys isn't it? (laughing)

I'm pretty sure no raggedy band of extremist villagers has a thing to do with either job losses OR crime rates back home. I believe I'll choose today to stick to the basics (prayer, fasting, charity, and One God) and try to spend as little time as possible on the other things.

As to your "hear we go" - remember (I), out of respect to this forum, generally quote the Bible, that was one of my rare quotes from the Quran. The others who post quotes from the Quran on this forum, picking and choosing to further their agenda of inciting hatred of Muslims, are no different in my mind from the raggedy extremists who pick and choose THEIR quotes to further their agendas. Extremism eventually leads down (1) path no matter where it starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
I'm new to this, but I think I read in one of the posts that you used to live in the U.S. So if it's so bad, why did you even try living here?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I was born in Texas. I have lived in the US (Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Alaska) my entire life (laughing@ the "try living here" comment) So, ALL of my posts are from the perspective of a southern, conservative, former christian, truck-owning member of the NRA. So, with that in mind, please know you are talking to one of your own who has been there, done that, and has a closet full of lots of different t-shirts.

Some Muslim nut beheads his wife? There's no "honor" in that. Islam teaches us that we are our spouse's protecter and that we are like garments to each other. He appears to have failed. Miserably. With this in mind, feel free, with my fullest support, to treat him as a common criminal, committing a particularly heinous crime, and fry him. Sweden has problems? Bully. Again, start on your own streets with your own (record levels of) prison population, get that in order, then worry about Sweden. It's about looking at anything anywhere but in the mirror for you guys isn't it? (laughing)

I'm pretty sure no raggedy band of extremist villagers has a thing to do with either job losses OR crime rates back home. I believe I'll choose today to stick to the basics (prayer, fasting, charity, and One God) and try to spend as little time as possible on the other things.

As to your "hear we go" - remember (I), out of respect to this forum, generally quote the Bible, that was one of my rare quotes from the Quran. The others who post quotes from the Quran on this forum, picking and choosing to further their agenda of inciting hatred of Muslims, are no different in my mind from the raggedy extremists who pick and choose THEIR quotes to further their agendas. Extremism eventually leads down (1) path no matter where it starts.
In the Bible it states in I Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

and II Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

II Peter being understood that men were moved on by God's Spirit, ie. Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit.

A discrepancy, IMO, arises in the Quran when it is said that the Quran was "sent down" from Allah (Surah 3:3, Surah 4:105; Surah 4:113;Surah 31:21; Surah 42:17; Surah 76:23) and by the Holy Spirit, Surah 26:192-194 and Surah 16:102.

If we want to compare those passages in the Quran to I Timothy and II Peter, that's okay, but here is where the Quran deviates and becomes confusing in the authorship:

In Surah 53:2-18 and Surah 81:19:24, we read that the "one Mighty in Power" himself is the one who personally delivered the inspiration to Mohammend and that Mohammed did see Him - yet - in Surah 2:97 it states that "Gabriel" brought the Quran down to Mohammed's heart by God's will.

Quote:
"Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by Allah.s will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-" - Surah 2:97.

Again in Surah 15:7-9 it says that "angels" have brought truth.

Quote:
Surah 15:7 “Why bringest thou not angels to us if it be that thou hast the Truth?"

15:8 "We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the unAllahly), behold! no respite would they have!"

15:9 "We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)."
We do know where the Bible originated, we are confused as to where the Quran originated. Any comments?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

It is said that the Quran was delivered to Mohammed by an angel.

My only comment is that when I am confused about something I thoroughly research it for discrepencies from the text and requirements of God's law handed down since the beginning of time to Abraham, Moses, and the prophets after them. Research generally works for me and I am cynical as it is. My advice then would be, if you are truly curious, and not speaking idle words, to search for the answer to your questions. You are certainly able to search for what you are supposed to do with your life in your own Bible. It is there. Even the Quran says it is there.

So the apostle Paul was God-inspired, yes? Follow his words and your churches will look like mosques anyway.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak. They are commanded to be under obedience. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for a woman to speak in the church"

"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off, and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved, she should cover her head"

God-Inspired? Why don't christians follow it then? "re-interpreted?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
In the Bible it states in I Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

and II Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

II Peter being understood that men were moved on by God's Spirit, ie. Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit.

A discrepancy, IMO, arises in the Quran when it is said that the Quran was "sent down" from Allah (Surah 3:3, Surah 4:105; Surah 4:113;Surah 31:21; Surah 42:17; Surah 76:23) and by the Holy Spirit, Surah 26:192-194 and Surah 16:102.

If we want to compare those passages in the Quran to I Timothy and II Peter, that's okay, but here is where the Quran deviates and becomes confusing in the authorship:

In Surah 53:2-18 and Surah 81:19:24, we read that the "one Mighty in Power" himself is the one who personally delivered the inspiration to Mohammend and that Mohammed did see Him - yet - in Surah 2:97 it states that "Gabriel" brought the Quran down to Mohammed's heart by God's will.

Again in Surah 15:7-9 it says that "angels" have brought truth.

We do know where the Bible originated, we are confused as to where the Quran originated. Any comments?