Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
congress, economy improving, hiring up, obama, unemployment down

Old 11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: Economy Improving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
SURE! We're only $15,000,000,000,000 ???? is that enough zeros? 15 Trillion! Who's gonna pay it? If we all got a raise tomorrow we still wouldn't be able to pay "our" debt! Yes, It's our debt. The crooked politicians in Washington are doing nothing more than making money for themselves, while they spend, spend, spend our money and count theirs as they destroy America. Read the new book that's just out...."Throw Them All Out!" (by Peter Schweizer), and you'll understand that any "good" economy is a joke when you look at all of the inside trading etc that's being done by Washington politicians.... and it's not against the law! They have again made the laws not apply to them. Excuse me JD. Didn't mean to side track your post....just fed up with Washington!

BT
It is very disappointing seeing the persons we rely to are more concern for their own good. Seems like politicians today are making their jobs as business profiting to some of their hidden activities. Congressional policymakers realize that bills will become law long before the general public. Occasionally, brand new regulations can impact the share prices of huge companies, opening the door for possible congressional inside trading. That's exactly what Peter Schweizer alleges in his brand new book, “Throw Them All Out.” Resource for this article: Congressional insider trading alleged in new book
Old 11-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

If he names names and can prove his statements, then lets toss those in a boat and send them down the Potomac River.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Whether one thinks highly of the president doesn't form their opinion on whether the economy is improving.

That would have more to do with whats going on in the economy around them.
D4T,
For many, it does.

Furthermore, remember when Conservatives like Hannity and Limbaugh were criticizing the "anti-American Democrats" for not speaking highly of the American President or economic conditions when Bush was President?

I remember one of them saying that many of the Dems were so negative and so critical, they want America to fail.

They were criticized for not showing a united front to the world, despite the disagreement in politics.

The GOP does the EXACT same thing-- but who's calling them un-American?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

No, that was only in relation to the war, not on economics or domestic policy, which were were fairly vocal in opposition to his spending. No, it did not stop, but that is why the Dems won in 06 and 08.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
D4T,
For many, it does.

Furthermore, remember when Conservatives like Hannity and Limbaugh were criticizing the "anti-American Democrats" for not speaking highly of the American President or economic conditions when Bush was President?

I remember one of them saying that many of the Dems were so negative and so critical, they want America to fail.

They were criticized for not showing a united front to the world, despite the disagreement in politics.

I don't like the un-American label. I've voted for both parties in the past, given the election and what I believed our nation needed most at a given point. But... one has to admit, the Dems appear to be far more un-Constitutional in their logic than the Republicans (who are also guilty to a lesser extent).

For example, Obamacare isn't an expansion of Medicare to all Americans. It's an effort to FORCE Americans to buy private insurance. It's the government putting a gun to your head and making you pay an insurance company from cradle to grave for health insurance. C'mon... that's worse than Canada's single payer system.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

By the way... if the economy is improving... it might be because every American is coming to the place where they feel Obama's Administration is over and a Republican might be returning. I see business being willing to take more risks and prepare to bring in more profit. I think that if we see a Republican win the election, we'll quickly begin to see our economy improving because businesses will not feel so under attack by the government. That will mean businesses take more risks, create more jobs, make more investments, and improve wages and benefits to compete for competent labor. That's Capitalism.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

I think someone should be able to define "improving" before we say the economy is improving.

Personally, I don't think shrot term increases, such as those from more peopel financing new cars, is true improvement. That is actually just adding to the overall debt of the american people. Unemployment and underemployment are still way too high. The market is still far too volatile. Way too many factors showing the economy is not improved to me. That just my opinion though.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
D4T,
For many, it does.

JD

You continually jump on any good news as reason to become optimistic about the economy and this president. If a ballplayer gets a single after going 0 for 85, he still ought to be sent back to the minor leagues.

Bush-haters were simply that, haters. There may be Obama-haters, but that's irrelevant. This president's record speaks for itself: it's abysmal. No amount of short term good news can change the fact that we are headed for a catastrophe like this nation has never seen and Obama will not face the truth that big government has been by farbthe greatest culprit in bringing unto this place.

Can we end the Bush/Obama comparisons? Bush failed to rein in spending, pure and simple. His administration help lay the foundation for this crisis. And if he'd been up for a third term, he should've been voted out of office. What did Obama do? He not only continued the spending, he took it to a whole new level! Does he deserve another term judging what he's done, not done and how little time we have left to right this ship? This may be the last election we have to give us enough time to turn things around. Obama is not proposing anything significant for a real change in the way government operates. He is a big government, tax and spend liberal. There's no other way around it. He is what he is. But doesn't deserve another term. America can't afford it. He will do nothing to change the direction this country is headed economically. He's a nice guy, good husband and father and sincere. But he is a failure as president, and he is in over his head withnthe economy. He simply lacks the skills and ideas to stop the bleeding.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Yeshua is God

more lies and propaganda from the liberal press trying to prop up their candidate.

Besides spending like a drunken sailor, just exactly has BarkO done for the ecomony?