Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

Is This In Your Future?

Russian Military drills! America has never faced a foe of this magnitude. I have come to appreciate the Russians so I hope it wont come to war with them. If it does our cities will quickly vanish away.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Banned

Re: Is This In Your Future?

Yes Michael, if we get into it with them, the whole world will go up in flames.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

MTD, think not that the USA has similiar, or perhaps even greater destructive capabilities... That's one of the things which maintains the "status quo". What the video portrays is "small arms" which are only used for regional warfare. The greatest dangers lie in nuclear capable weaponry. (I only watched the opening portion, so there might have been more which disclosed weapons of greater destructive capabilities, yet the USA has those as well).

What concerns me most is that some overzealous one of low degree (either a Russian or American, it will matter not), who has access to such destructive weapons might commit a foolish act of launching a nuclear weapon which would be perceived as an attack on the other, and this would begin something which would be difficult to stop. I pray that never happens!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:49 AM
On the road less traveled

I don't doubt for a minute that somewhere in the future of America, a war and battle will rage on our soil like never before. How soon, is anyone's guess, but only God knows. All we as Christians really can do is to establish our relationship with the Lord, keep our eyes on Him, and learn to know and obey His voice. Whatever happens in the future, is in the hand of the Lord, and we are safe in Him. Whether we live, or whether we die, as disciples of the Lord Jesus, we should not speak with fear of these things, because Jesus commanded us not to fear these things. Our hope is in eternity, and not in this world. Why America has been spared persecution for so long, I do not know. And there is no way to know how much longer America will be spared, but... one thing is for sure... Paul writes very clearly:

II Tim. 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Well spoken, Kept.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I don't doubt for a minute that somewhere in the future of America, a war and battle will rage on our soil like never before. How soon, is anyone's guess, but only God knows. All we as Christians really can do is to establish our relationship with the Lord, keep our eyes on Him, and learn to know and obey His voice. Whatever happens in the future, is in the hand of the Lord, and we are safe in Him. Whether we live, or whether we die, as disciples of the Lord Jesus, we should not speak with fear of these things, because Jesus commanded us not to fear these things. Our hope is in eternity, and not in this world. Why America has been spared persecution for so long, I do not know. And there is no way to know how much longer America will be spared, but... one thing is for sure... Paul writes very clearly:

II Tim. 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution.
How does living godly in Christ relate to war with America? America will suffer persecution for living godly in Christ???
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Get used to it. You have a choice to make. Do you want to speak Russian or Chinese? I choose Russian.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Registered Saint

Wolverines!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Get used to it. You have a choice to make. Do you want to speak Russian or Chinese? I choose Russian.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 05-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
MTD, think not that the USA has similiar, or perhaps even greater destructive capabilities... That's one of the things which maintains the "status quo". What the video portrays is "small arms" which are only used for regional warfare. The greatest dangers lie in nuclear capable weaponry. (I only watched the opening portion, so there might have been more which disclosed weapons of greater destructive capabilities, yet the USA has those as well).

What concerns me most is that some overzealous one of low degree (either a Russian or American, it will matter not), who has access to such destructive weapons might commit a foolish act of launching a nuclear weapon which would be perceived as an attack on the other, and this would begin something which would be difficult to stop. I pray that never happens!
The latter part shows missles that go far and can carry nukes. The Russians have thousands of them. My concern is more for a planned attack by the Russians destroying entire cities in an effort to bring a quick victory.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 05-11-2014 at 06:37 AM.