Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Re: Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Home going service for Bro Arthur McElroy today in Perth. 2 PM AT.
Hey my Bible College NCC went to Perth not to long ago. I think it was in the last litte bit but i could be wrong. I am not in the Choral.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator View Post
Very interesting.

I have been acquainted with the UPC in NB since many of the "board for NB" were still in short pants, and I don't recall ever hearing of a split.

How about some inside info? You've got the inside connections, how about giving us the scoop.
You don't know about the recent split, its outcome was the WPF Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship. They split because the UPCI passed a law ( Not sure what the correct word would be) that enables UPCI churches to advertise on TV.

I understand why Preacher would not agree, The UPCI does not allow TV inside of homes so to advertise on a tv which we dont watch would kinda be counter diking what we believe.

But on the other Hand its just a option and that does not mean that we are going to do it, plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people, That is what the UPCI is really suspose to be all about.

Negative effects of the split, For the UPCI it cuts back on the amount of money coming in so its hard to tell how much to give out, if we are not careful we could easily go negative, that would be bad.
another bad effect is that there are a lot of home mission pastors that rely on the money that the UPCI gives them, as well as forgin missionaries.

One smaller effect that a well respected pastor told me is..
he is on bible quizing and when the split happened it left a lot of the younger generation with out there friends that they have been bible quizing with for years..
I know thats not as big of an issue but alot of kids that have been quizing with the same friends from different states might not ever see there friends again, because the UPCI will not allow the WPF to go to our quizing events.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Sober Second Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You don't know about the recent split, its outcome was the WPF Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship. They split because the UPCI passed a law ( Not sure what the correct word would be) that enables UPCI churches to advertise on TV.

I understand why Preacher would not agree, The UPCI does not allow TV inside of homes so to advertise on a tv which we dont watch would kinda be counter diking what we believe.

But on the other Hand its just a option and that does not mean that we are going to do it, plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people, That is what the UPCI is really suspose to be all about.

Negative effects of the split, For the UPCI it cuts back on the amount of money coming in so its hard to tell how much to give out, if we are not careful we could easily go negative, that would be bad.
another bad effect is that there are a lot of home mission pastors that rely on the money that the UPCI gives them, as well as forgin missionaries.

One smaller effect that a well respected pastor told me is..
he is on bible quizing and when the split happened it left a lot of the younger generation with out there friends that they have been bible quizing with for years..
I know thats not as big of an issue but alot of kids that have been quizing with the same friends from different states might not ever see there friends again, because the UPCI will not allow the WPF to go to our quizing events.
I thought that you were talking about a Canadian split. The WPF was an American problem. Why would be anybody in NB care about the WPF?

This statement could use a little more thought: "plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people,"

Do you really mean "whatever it takes?"
Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

what are you trying to be cute?

and yes NB is effected by the split, The entire UPCI was and is effected. Maybe not in your church but if you were in a small home mission church i bet you would say different.
when a large portion of an organization leafs everyone is effected.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

Quote:

and yes NB is effected by the split, The entire UPCI was and is effected. Maybe not in your church but if you were in a small home mission church i bet you would say different.
when a large portion of an organization LEAFS ? would that be maple leafs or just regular leafs?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Just a word of wisdom for a Bible school boy - you shouldn't write about things you know nothing about, you just make yourself look silly.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

methinks arkie just wants a bit of attention - head back to the smokies, brother.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Sober Second Thought

Quote:

"Trying to be cute?"

It's called conversation. Let's try again: "How was NB effected by the WPF splinter?"

If it's true that you are a Bible School student, you should think twice about signing your name to statements like this:

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

I just want attention?? from who random people on a forum.. and are you all grammar teachers, you catch the miss spelled word, but over look my entire point.
I was asked my opinion so i gave it, and that's what it is, an opinion..

I stand by my comment of "plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people, That is what the UPCI is really suppose to be all about."
its true or organization can be so caught up on rules and regulation that we miss what we are suppose to be all about. THE GREAT COMMISSION " Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
and an example of this would be the recent split.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

I just want attention?? from who random people on a forum.. and are you all grammar teachers, you catch the miss spelled word, but over look my entire point.
I was asked my opinion so i gave it, and that's what it is, an opinion..

I stand by my comment of "plus we need to get over our stupid rules and do what ever it takes to reach more people, That is what the UPCI is really suppose to be all about."
its true or organization can be so caught up on rules and regulation that we miss what we are suppose to be all about. THE GREAT COMMISSION " Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
and an example of this would be the recent split.