Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Christmas 2009

Ronna Russell Book

Has anyone read Ronna (Fisher) Russell’s new book on her abuse as a pastor’s kid growing up? 😳 I gather it’s slamming her UPC heritage just from the stuff I saw online. Her dad married us and was one of our favorite teachers at JCM before he walked away from his family, God, and all he’d ever known.
My childhood in UPC was so different. I don’t feel like I was abused, weird, mistreated, or misguided. It’s not what I’m a part of now, but I cherish it nonetheless.
Just wondered if anyone had read it and what you thought. I did order it just because that family was very dear to me, including Ronna and her sisters.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Re: Ronna Russell Book

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=53332

Some of us are still trying to forget what we read in the preview. No way would I spend any time reading the rest of her vulgar, nasty book.

There was a chapter preview available on Amazon and that was enough for me to regret clicking the link.

Last edited by n david; 06-02-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Has anyone read Ronna (Fisher) Russell’s new book on her abuse as a pastor’s kid growing up? �� I gather it’s slamming her UPC heritage just from the stuff I saw online. Her dad married us and was one of our favorite teachers at JCM before he walked away from his family, God, and all he’d ever known.
My childhood in UPC was so different. I don’t feel like I was abused, weird, mistreated, or misguided. It’s not what I’m a part of now, but I cherish it nonetheless.
Just wondered if anyone had read it and what you thought. I did order it just because that family was very dear to me, including Ronna and her sisters.
I appreciate your testimony that your upbringing in the UPC is vastly different from Ronna, her book is just her experience.

Sister Sherri, all one has to do is fill in the blanks of whatever religion, whatever ideology or political view. Some families are really the Waltons, and Father Knows Best, but some family are Texas Chainsaw Massacre or the Hills have Eyes. May the Lord Jesus Christ help Ronna, but she is living in a time where her story is lapped up by those who are weak, wounded, and worn out. Her book is listed under Religious Cults, General Sexual Health, and Sex & Sexuality. So not something one would be leaving on MeMaw's coffee table, after Thanksgiving dinner. But again, this is about the human experience, has zero to do about the UPCI. The book is something about her finding her sexual freedom? Are you interested in Ronna's sexual freedom? Do you care about her sexual freedom? Her dad's story is a sad one, and we don't know the struggle and turmoil that brother was going through. But she puts the old man's head up on a pike, and tells us about her sexual freedom?
Old 06-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=53332

Some of us are still trying to forget what we read in the preview. No way would I spend any time reading the rest of her vulgar, nasty book.

There was a chapter preview available on Amazon and that was enough for me to regret clicking the link.
I haven’t seen that. 😳
Old 06-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I appreciate your testimony that your upbringing in the UPC is vastly different from Ronna, her book is just her experience.

Sister Sherri, all one has to do is fill in the blanks of whatever religion, whatever ideology or political view. Some families are really the Waltons, and Father Knows Best, but some family are Texas Chainsaw Massacre or the Hills have Eyes. May the Lord Jesus Christ help Ronna, but she is living in a time where her story is lapped up by those who are weak, wounded, and worn out. Her book is listed under Religious Cults, General Sexual Health, and Sex & Sexuality. So not something one would be leaving on MeMaw's coffee table, after Thanksgiving dinner. But again, this is about the human experience, has zero to do about the UPCI. The book is something about her finding her sexual freedom? Are you interested in Ronna's sexual freedom? Do you care about her sexual freedom? Her dad's story is a sad one, and we don't know the struggle and turmoil that brother was going through. But she puts the old man's head up on a pike, and tells us about her sexual freedom?
Hmmmm totally missed that part about sexual freedom. Someone just told me she had written a book about her life. 😬
Old 06-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Christmas 2009

Just decided to try to cancel the order. Hope it’s not too late.
Sad because I really loved this whole family and have wondered about them all so many times.
But I don’t care to read about her sex life. 😂
Old 06-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Hmmmm totally missed that part about sexual freedom. Someone just told me she had written a book about her life. 😬
Well, Amazon allows the first chapter free. But don't read it. Unless you want Dr Strange to use the timestone on you, and wipe out your memory.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Well, Amazon allows the first chapter free. But don't read it. Unless you want Dr Strange to use the timestone on you, and wipe out your memory.
I don’t even know who Doctor Strange is. But I will take your advice.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Just decided to try to cancel the order. Hope it’s not too late.
I hope so too. Because you will blow the minds of your youth group if they find that book in the glove compartment.

Quote:
Sad because I really loved this whole family and have wondered about them all so many times.
Keep loving them, and continue to lift them up in prayer.

Quote:
But I don’t care to read about her sex life. 😂
Not only that, but who wants to read another "insider" horror story about the preacher, priest, rabbi, guru, deacon, president, college professor, or the nice boy who use to mow our lawn.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I don’t even know who Doctor Strange is. But I will take your advice.
Sister Sherri you DEFINITELY better cancel that order!!!!