Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Except the Seed Fall and Die

The following is what I call a seminar post from forum land. I have shared this many times with many men. This writing was done for ministers I interact with on forums. Conroe UPC was built around this principle. John 12:24 has impacted my life more than any single verse beyond the New Birth message. I share with you here a principle that Tracie and I have lived. The principle is before you. The details of the dying still burn within us. We recognize that every harvest requires yet another death. So Lord I am ready to die again if it means yet another revival. I pray you feel the spirit of this piece. rks

Link...www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Old 02-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Pot Stirrer

Re: Except the Seed Fall and Die

Didn't Verbal Bean preach something similar to this right before he died?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Not sure...

But I had to live this for myself
Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
The following is what I call a seminar post from forum land. I have shared this many times with many men. This writing was done for ministers I interact with on forums. Conroe UPC was built around this principle. John 12:24 has impacted my life more than any single verse beyond the New Birth message. I share with you here a principle that Tracie and I have lived. The principle is before you. The details of the dying still burn within us. We recognize that every harvest requires yet another death. So Lord I am ready to die again if it means yet another revival. I pray you feel the spirit of this piece. rks

Link...www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Hi,I have found in preaching if we stay dead we will have continuing revival.This dying is not something we are to do over and over but we are to die and stay dead.Dead to what ? Dead to all sin, but not only must I stay dead, but I must preach death.Most pastors and preachers and people they pastor don't die to all sin,they usually hang on to a sin or two.The key is in verse 25.

[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
[25] He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal

Matt.13
[22] He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

1John.2
[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
[16] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Pastor Bean from Houston was the only man I know who lived the life to have life.Wish I knew an other.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

Great REad

I love words! I have been reading this book outloud to myself so I can see, feel and hear Lacado's wordsmithing flow. If you love words and The Word read this and get lost in both........... www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

One Day You'll....

A couple of years ago my son Trent was in the crossroads of life. Graduating from high school and dually enrolled in college. He was also feeling the call of God on his life yet he was in the midst teenage confusions. His life was a bit bumpy and one particular day had not been good. Late that evening I went upstairs, lay on his bed beside him, and told him this little story… www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Music Devils

I have shared this with many ministry friends and always enjoy the chuckle shared when somebody else realizes they are not the only ones who struggle with such things. This is also posted currently on Full Proof Team Blog. Read more... www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2008, 09:40 AM

Re: Music Devils

Quote:
I have shared this with many ministry friends and always enjoy the chuckle shared when somebody else realizes they are not the only ones who struggle with such things. This is also posted currently on Full Proof Team Blog. Read more... www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Another bash musicians diatribe. The suggestion that musicians are gay or "artsy" is not new here. God forbid you say something about a philandering preacher.

I've decided to add to my ministry .... casting people out of Satan.

Stop blaming the devil for personal carnal choices.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM
the ultracon

Re: Music Devils

Quote:
Did you really write that yourself ?

Do you hate everybody or just Pentecostals.