Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Daniel,
I don't necessarily think it is harmful. But I do believe the people involved and responsible for the groups need to keep pushing the focus on healing and not venting.

Some people just want to keep venting and gnawing on that issue like a dog with a bone. Not a good idea.
That is true, but some just want to demean those that are call to minister to the abused.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Sorry but some scabs need removing for the flesh to heal.Sad but true.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michlow View Post
I feel once again that I need to make a distinction, there is a difference between those who are born and raised in an abusive environment, and those who just experience it for a time.

Those who are born in it, are made to think that it is normal. It colors and distorts their entire view of the world around them. It is much harder for them, because they effectively need to first be shown that they have a distorted image, and then they need to be helped to build a true and Godly foundation.

Those who never gain the revelation that what they were "sold" was a lie, are those who walk away from God and everything associated with Him. They harbor great bitterness and become hardened and antagonistic towards the things of God.

Those who are born in a healthy environment, but for a time find themselves in an abusive environment, have an edge up, so to speak. They are more likely to realize that there is a problem a lot sooner, and to get out while only minimal damage has been done. They are also more likely to seek a healthy environment, and to forgive and "move on".
You are absolutely right, the case of a daughter being abused by her father would be just such a case. Because of the distorted view of the person that should have been her protector and provider, who or how is she going to be able to trust?? How can she trust "heavenly father" in this context? Not nearly as simple as some would have us to believe.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Yep. It's real.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

I remember hearing this song years ago:
I've been walked and stepped on so many times,
But I hate to admit it but that last footprint's mine.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Fact!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I remember hearing this song years ago:
I've been walked and stepped on so many times,
But I hate to admit it but that last footprint's mine.
I thought that was "He's" been walked on, He's been stepped on so many times.
I hate to admit it, but that last footprint's mine.

(Speaking of Jesus and how the person in the song had backslid and was coming back to God)........DOES ANYONE OUT THERE RECALL THIS OLD SONG??
Old 05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
I thought that was "He's" been walked on, He's been stepped on so many times.
I hate to admit it, but that last footprint's mine.

(Speaking of Jesus and how the person in the song had backslid and was coming back to God)........DOES ANYONE OUT THERE RECALL THIS OLD SONG??
Been a long time and you might be right????????

However it fit.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dan I will not puke my vomit on this forum but believe me my good wife and I know what it means to be abused by a pastor that we loved and trusted. We felt spiritually and mentally raped and it took years to heal. But as it has been said you can become bitter or better. But I also have been abused by unthoughtful, cold,mean, vicious church members. Yet I do not with cynicism veiw every good saint of God that could not help what some ingrate did. Every saint is not a nasty, ugly, vicious ignorant. Most are kind wonderful loving thoughtful people andy every preacher is not on a ego trip trying to make saint's lives miserable and not living what he preaches. Allow me to do this I repent and publicly apologize for every sleaze that called himself a preacher that has abused and mistreated the saints in his care and turned out to be a fraud.
NOW will someone do the same for the church member who is a hell raiser?
Brother Epley, you say it took you years to heal. Based on the things you've said to me and others, I certainly have not seen you show much in the way of compassion towards others faced with abuse issues. Just like it took you years to heal it may take others years to heal and everyone goes through things differently. For me it's easier to push all you minister types away than to just "get over it" and start trusting again. Maybe you should think about that before you start accusing people of being preacher haters.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Brother Epley, you say it took you years to heal. Based on the things you've said to me and others, I certainly have not seen you show much in the way of compassion towards others faced with abuse issues. Just like it took you years to heal it may take others years to heal and everyone goes through things differently. For me it's easier to push all you minister types away than to just "get over it" and start trusting again. Maybe you should think about that before you start accusing people of being preacher haters.
Rico some folks are preacher haters I have no idea if that fits you or not but it is a fact. Just like there are merciless preachers there are so-called saints that are rengades and vandals. But you have NOT seen me deal with saints that have been abused all you have seen is my reaction to whiny, folks filled with self pity that love the badge of victim and blame everything from the price of gas to the 911 episode on Apostolic preachers and saints. People that have been abused need to stop abusing themselves wallowing in their past miseries and get on with life.